Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we stop sending people/aid to Ebola infected nations?
Yes 92 42.59%
No 95 43.98%
Other 17 7.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 04:44 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,459,477 times

Advertisements

I posted here yesterday about Dr. Sacra, who only worked with pregnant women who had tested negative for Ebola. The CDC was unable to determine how he caught Ebola, and the news stories after he came home carefully don't mention that he didn't work with Ebola patients.

While everyone here keeps posting about "must be bodily fluids"--no one wants to comment on how this doctor contracted Ebola?

A doctor in Liberia commented that it must have been a patient "with masked symptoms"--but that would destroy the "you can't get it unless they show symptoms" rhetoric.

Old 10-03-2014, 04:45 PM

27,160 posts, read 15,334,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
To which I reply, Texas should have considered that before they said "Welcome to Texas, ya'll, we have jobs for you." When AZ scared off the illegals with SB1070, Texas did everything but send buses over to pick them up. Cheap labor.

What was that that the Administration did then?

Old 10-03-2014, 05:00 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,277,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Could someone please tell Bobby Jingle and Fox News there are no flights between the US and the infected nations.
Good Point - the fly to other Countries and THEN, they get on a plane to the USA. I have no idea if they have Visas to the USA or if we have an 'open door' policy to West Africa, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

Secretary of Homeland Security, Jeh Johnson gave a Television interview this evening - he said about 150 travelers from West Africa arrive in the USA ...... Daily. 75% of them arrive in Chicago, Washington, D.C., New York City, Newark and then transit on to other US Cities.

What could possibly go wrong? 150 per day, every day.
Duncan (the Dallas patient from Liberia) handled an Ebola Victim (who died) just 4 days before he got on a plane to escape to the USA. He LIED on his exit screening, and why wouldn't he? He is facing a Death Sentence to stay in Liberia and he gets a chance + great (FREE) medical care in Dallas, TX. Why should he (or any of them) care about how many they expose?

Old 10-03-2014, 05:14 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,980,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so that's two in the DC area, although the one in bethesda doesn't have symptoms from what i've heard.

Nigeria Proves That It's Possible To Stop Ebola | ThinkProgress
If the one in Bethesda doesn't have symptoms, why do they suspect Ebola?

Old 10-03-2014, 05:16 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,937,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
To bad it does not show how many die from the Flu every year, which is 250,000 - 500,000 depending on the sources.
People are panicking over a very minor threat compared with the odds of them being killed by the Flu, a car accident or heck getting hit by lightning.
Those are WHO numbers. Yes some people are panicking because they have been hyping the Ebola thing. Stories about aerosols are distorted and dogs transferring it. It's a big bad boogie man that can be used to increase fear. Also keep in mind that the definition for Pandemic has been altered. That happened around the H1N1 drama, iirc. The Canadian Health site was worded in such a way as to mislead on the aerosol issue. It recently retracted that part and rewrote it.

A Nun speaks out on the H1N1 Pandemic: "The WHO changed the ...
quote:
In 2007, WHO adopted a regulation establishing an exception. In all cases except one, the WHO makes recommendations, and only in one case may it give orders that override the sovereignty of member countries.
In the case of a pandemic.

WHO pandemic definition too broad, doctor contends - The ...
quote:
Now, with their recent change, Dr. Gross said the WHO has made the definition too vague. "They said a new animal or human-animal strain could qualify as a pandemic strain. That's too non-specific."
In their 2009 Pandemic Influenza Preparedness and Response document, the WHO defined a pandemic as simply "an epidemic on a global scale."

Old 10-03-2014, 05:18 PM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I posted here yesterday about Dr. Sacra, who only worked with pregnant women who had tested negative for Ebola. The CDC was unable to determine how he caught Ebola, and the news stories after he came home carefully don't mention that he didn't work with Ebola patients.

While everyone here keeps posting about "must be bodily fluids"--no one wants to comment on how this doctor contracted Ebola?

A doctor in Liberia commented that it must have been a patient "with masked symptoms"--but that would destroy the "you can't get it unless they show symptoms" rhetoric.
The most likely scenario is a patient with a false negative test who was presumed to have another diagnosis.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:40 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Just saw this post in action. So the hazmat guy was being interviewed on CNN and she asked him what took so long.

Hazmat guy: well we only clean up. We aren't authorized to transport the materials after we clean
CNN: who is going to transport the bedding, etc?
Hazmat: I don't know who was awarded that contract? We aren't authorized to carry it on tx roads

WTF??? This is a cluster! Why wouldn't a hazmat team be able to transport and dispose of hazardous materials?
I could say something about this.

But, I won't.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:41 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Here in the states you're more likely to die from an amoeba, rabies, anthrax, or hiv then ebola.

You're also far more likely to die walking around your house or driving to get milk, but who cares about reality.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:57 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
If the one in Bethesda doesn't have symptoms, why do they suspect Ebola?
It was a Dr. just returned from treating Ebola patients.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
I'm watching the Dallas Press Conference. Class act all the way,around. County Judge Clay Jenkins met and drove the exposed family in his personal carb to their new temporary home at an undisclosed location in Dallas County and did so in his street clothes, no mask. Mayor echoed the judge and reminded all to get out and enjoy the weekend.

Patient Zero was going to land somewhere, sooner or later. I am glad it was in a city like Dallas , opposed to a more rural location without world class healthcare and the ability to mobilize local resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies