Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 12:40 PM

364 posts, read 371,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Well, I don't know what to tell you. I never falsely accused anyone of rape even when drinking. But if that's the fear out there, my only solution for men is don't drink & have sex with some random stranger if you think that could happen. Maybe wait til you & she are both sober.
So you're ok with young immature party girls that are still going to drink and have sex being able to hold that over men's heads? Most men are thirsty, this law will not stop that.

The only law that makes sense here is making drunk sex with either party illegal. Period. You get drunk, having sex is punishable by law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2014, 12:45 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wipe out View Post
So you're ok with young immature party girls that are still going to drink and have sex being able to hold that over men's heads? Most men are thirsty, this law will not stop that.

The only law that makes sense here is making drunk sex with either party illegal. Period. You get drunk, having sex is punishable by law.
Huh, interesting how you assume things. Like I said, if you're that concerned about it, don't get drunk & have sex with women. Ultimately you can say no you know, there is that option.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Huh, interesting how you assume things. Like I said, if you're that concerned about it, don't get drunk & have sex with women. Ultimately you can say no you know, there is that option.
Yeah .....just like statutory laws keep minors from having sex.

I'm not worried about because it isn't a law here yet, I am only providing evidence for why it is an obnoxiously unfair law that puts way to much power over mens lives in the hands of women

Old 08-12-2014, 02:30 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,062,335 times
Quote:
Yes because treating all women as delicate flowers that aren't responsible for their own choices isn't misogyny.
Females never like to take accountability for anything.

Old 08-12-2014, 03:57 PM

39,876 posts, read 26,541,692 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know what to tell you. I never falsely accused anyone of rape even when drinking. But if that's the fear out there, my only solution for men is don't drink & have sex with some random stranger if you think that could happen. Maybe wait til you & she are both sober.
An equally simple solution is for the man to "cry rape" first. Press charges and say that he was drunk and would not willingly have sex with that woman.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:34 AM

Let me understand the argument.

Women are so inherently weak and juvenile that a few drinks removes their ability to consent. However, there is no penalty for them should they choose to engage in drunken sex, only the option to legally cry rape regardless of circumstance.

I don't see multiple layers of hypocrisy, sexism, or potential for abuse at all.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:01 AM

"Just don't have sex with women who drank "

I'm not sure I understand why drunk women can not choose to not have sex for themselves? Are you people saying women are that weak? Aren't you all strong and empowered? Why does a little alcohol change that?

Old 08-13-2014, 06:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Quote:
Let me understand the argument.

Women are so inherently weak and juvenile that a few drinks removes their ability to consent. However, there is no penalty for them should they choose to engage in drunken sex, only the option to legally cry rape regardless of circumstance.

I don't see multiple layers of hypocrisy, sexism, or potential for abuse at all.
Quote:
"Just don't have sex with women who drank "

I'm not sure I understand why drunk women can not choose to not have sex for themselves? Are you people saying women are that weak? Aren't you all strong and empowered? Why does a little alcohol change that?
Your attitude toward women is very telling. You keep showing us evidence of how bitter you are toward women. No amount of backpedaling will change that. Thanks for the laughs!

Old 08-13-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Your attitude toward women is very telling. You keep showing us evidence of how bitter you are toward women. No amount of backpedaling will change that. Thanks for the laughs!
You can hide behind "wah, misogyny" all you want, or you can actually address my very valid points.

We both know you're not laughing at anything. You've been overly emotional to the point of creating straw men to make invalid points about me. Either do as you say and bug off or actually address MY points, not the made up ones you keep trying to stick me with.

Last edited by wipe out; 08-13-2014 at 07:25 AM..

Old 08-13-2014, 07:18 AM

15,650 posts, read 10,405,925 times
Sex is sexual assault if the woman says it is, it seems. If I was a male in college, I'd damn well have a signed release from a sober female before engaging in sex with a fellow student. The desire to control people is rampant in liberal college institutions.

Boink at your own risk, fellas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies