Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2014, 02:51 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,147,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Thank you..And if you did not you just went back to where every you came from.
Nope, another lie and fantasy by the far right wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 03:33 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,764,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Nope, another lie and fantasy by the far right wing.
Really? How so?

Old 08-16-2014, 10:29 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,397,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The English language just for starters.
Yeah, it's not like English is spoken anywhere else in the world....

Old 08-16-2014, 10:37 AM

63,465 posts, read 29,468,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
But it is not the most widely spoken language in every country. It is here, however. So it is a part of our heritage and culture. You've missed the entire point.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:50 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,963,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And you think we didn't have illegal immigration before when we had less border and immigration security?

Illegal immigrants actually don't make up a significant sector of the population, around 5%. Most first generation immigrants don't assimilate.... it's the 2nd and 3rd. Quite a lot of perfectly "american pie" Hispanics living in America. You don't seem to have a good grasp on the issue.
5 percent is more than 15 million people in the US; that's def too many. Too; MOST illegal aliens are in states that border Mexico. I want ALL illegal aliens deported, even white ones and I'd def be Ok with yanking birthright citizenship from anchor kids who are under about 18 years old. Those anchors with 2 illegal alien parents.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:24 PM

Does being as American as apple pie include advocating for illegal aliens just because they are of your own ethnic group? I don't think so!

Old 08-16-2014, 06:56 PM

37,559 posts, read 19,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
I'm willing to bet that there are as many people in other countries who speak English as there are Americans who speak a second language. English tends to adopt words from any other language that it comes in contact with, and it is without a doubt the language of technology because of the amazing flexibility and nuance it has. This has been a driver in people outside the United states learning it.

Anecdotally, I had an online business for a few years and kept a map with pins in the countries I had shipped to. When I shut it down I had dealt with customers in 34 countries on five continents. All but a couple of them not only had experience with English, they were a lot more fluent and better spellers than some of the people in this thread. The ones who had the hardest time with it were the Chinese who found English syntax to be confusing.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:01 PM

37,559 posts, read 19,429,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
5 percent is more than 15 million people in the US; that's def too many. Too; MOST illegal aliens are in states that border Mexico. I want ALL illegal aliens deported, even white ones and I'd def be Ok with yanking birthright citizenship from anchor kids who are under about 18 years old. Those anchors with 2 illegal alien parents.
That would open up a lot of jobs that would be filled by people who would demand a lot more money to do them. I'm behind you completely. Let's give the jobs to Real Americans. We don't mind paying three dollars for a tomato and eight dollars a pound for chicken, do we?

For those who are self-employed and have to furnish their own health insurance and retirement, we will need to remember that when we get charged a hundred bucks for someone to spend two hours cutting our lawn.

Your proposals could work.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:13 PM

19,037 posts, read 14,317,841 times
[Politically Incorrect Flag On]
Bilingualism is so anti-American, that it boggles the mind that public funds support it.

A nation of people who share a common language and customs, can better cooperate in the defense of person or property from attack.

A nation of people who cannot communicate and have different customs, will not cooperate.

For the predators, the latter is preferred over the former. A nation divided into unintelligible factions is doomed to collapse.

One language = one nation united.

------------------------

Reference in support:
Esperanto - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
“The place where I was born and spent my childhood gave direction to all my future struggles. In Bialystok the inhabitants were divided into four distinct elements: Russians, Poles, Germans and Jews; each of these spoke their own language and looked on all the others as enemies.”
- - - L. L. Zamenhof, in a letter to N. Borovko, ca. 1895

Old 08-16-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
That would open up a lot of jobs that would be filled by people who would demand a lot more money to do them. I'm behind you completely. Let's give the jobs to Real Americans. We don't mind paying three dollars for a tomato and eight dollars a pound for chicken, do we?

For those who are self-employed and have to furnish their own health insurance and retirement, we will need to remember that when we get charged a hundred bucks for someone to spend two hours cutting our lawn.

Your proposals could work.
It's utter nonsense that with the exit of millions of illegal aliens that prices would go way up by paying an American a fair wage for the same job. Illegals save the consumer no money anyway as we are taxed to death covering their social cost while their employers just pocket the profits from their cheap labor. Your claim of having to pay an American a hundred bucks for two hours worth of manual labor is ridiculous also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies