Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 07:36 PM

195 posts, read 153,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Paul making cosmetic changes as he contemplates a run at the presidency, doesn't change who he is. He's part of the problem, and just a different shade of undesirable RED.

He like his dad, have spoken out about the big problems with the Patriot Act and NDAA.
No cosmetic changes, to be spun.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:38 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
I don't know where anyone could get that idea from.
Sarcasm?

Old 08-15-2014, 07:42 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ok Tea Partiers do you still like Rand Paul after his comments in Time magazine?

Senator Rand Paul on Ferguson: We Must Demilitarize the Police - TIME

It’s time to stop calling Rand Paul a tea partier - The Washington Post

Its almost like Rand Paul has stabbed you in the back if you are a Sarah Palin- law and order, build more prisons, Republican Tea Partier. As a Tea Partier do you think Rand Pauls comments about the militarization of police departments are out of line?
More evidence on display that the left has decided to define us in their terms and has no real idea what we really believe.

It's just a shame that they are so loudmouthed with broadcasting their lies and ignorance that other people end up believing them.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:43 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't know why there has to be a label for everybody. I find it refreshing that Rand Paul doesn't fit neatly into anybody's predefined political box.

This is what happens when an argument has been lost and the loser refuses to admit what everyone already knows.

Like so many other non-tea-party issues, the Tea Party movement has never been particularly pro-LE.

It's just another one of those straw men the left has created to move the conversation away from spending, deficits and the Constitutionally limited role of the federal government.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:44 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,715,055 times
So Mr. Paul says something that the left have been saying for year 'the police are too militarized' and suddenly he's Mr. Wonderful to the Libertarian crowd again. And it's amusing how suddenly the police are the Right's friend when during the Bundy stand-off, LEO were jack-booted thugs.

Wait five minutes and Paul will throw you under the bus once again.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:45 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManassesMomma View Post
Some people believe in liberty for all, not just the chosen.

Governments at all levels should treat everyone equally, instead of picking the winners & the losers.
The US government let me rephrase that every government picks winners and losers.

More representative societies attempt to lessen this function of government.

But just on a strict basis America was built on the backs of enslaved black labor, with another 100yrs of extremely cheap black labor until the 1960's.

I used to think that statement was hyperbole, but I have done a lot more reading.

Now we are trying to import cheap Mexican labor or cheap labor over seas.

The US economy has never really worked with out exploiting a huge number of people's labor.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:47 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
He has to hide his true colors to fool the voters. He might get away with it.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:51 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Food for thought since you equate Rand Paul with Sarah Palin.

As we've written before, the "tea party" tag has been vastly over-applied throughout the last few years. It was basically used on every Republican who won office in 2010, even as many of them had little to do with the movement -- either ideologically or in their actions.
The trouble with Paul is that no well-known labels seem to fit him well. While his dad, Ron Paul, is a pretty straight-line libertarian, that's not really who the younger Paul is. He's not an establishment Republican, a neo-conservative, an arch-conservative or a moderate Republican.

We still don't know what label would be better than "tea party," but it's becoming clearer and clearer that this label doesn't really fit. Maybe he's just a Rand Paul Republican.
He's balancing and sometimes comes off like the only reasonable guy in the room.

Old 08-15-2014, 07:53 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
So Mr. Paul says something that the left have been saying for year 'the police are too militarized' and suddenly he's Mr. Wonderful to the Libertarian crowd again. And it's amusing how suddenly the police are the Right's friend when during the Bundy stand-off, LEO were jack-booted thugs.

Wait five minutes and Paul will throw you under the bus once again.
People believe that Paul might actually live up to his word. Outside of that your post doesn't make much sense.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:04 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Ok Tea Partiers do you still like Rand Paul after his comments in Time magazine?

Senator Rand Paul on Ferguson: We Must Demilitarize the Police - TIME

Its almost like Rand Paul has stabbed you in the back if you are a Sarah Palin- law and order, build more prisons, Republican Tea Partier. As a Tea Partier do you think Rand Pauls comments about the militarization of police departments are out of line?

I never thought of him as part of the tea party. I don't agree with everything Rand Paul stands for but I am so sick of this 2 party system. If he runs and doesn't win the nomination, which he won't, I hope he runs as an independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies