Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 12:18 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Does everybody just assume ALL of the eye witnesses are lying?
No, but I tend to find the extemporaneous comments caught in the audio background of that video more credible.

Is there a reason why you discredit that witness account?

Additionally, it has now been reported that the St. Louis County Police have confirmed the DA has a medical report from the ER that Wilson went to that he suffered an orbital blowout fracture to his right eye. If this turns out to be the case, what do you think that means?

Old 08-19-2014, 12:20 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,687,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Why do they keep attacking and removing journalist if nothing's going on??

I'll just add that the only person claiming Brown rushed the cop is coming from the cop. The defendent.

Does everybody just assume ALL of the eye witnesses are lying?

No, but we haven't heard from ALL of the witnesses. The police supposedly have over a dozen witnesses that corroborate the officer's version of events. Are you going to treat what they saw as a gospel truth too????

Old 08-19-2014, 12:21 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
No, but I tend to find the extemporaneous comments caught in the audio background of that video more credible.

Additionally, it has now been reported that the St. Louis County Police have confirmed the DA has a medical report from the ER that Wilson went to that he suffered an orbital blowout fracture to his right eye. If this turns out to be the case, what do you think that means?
Could mean that a peer cop gave it to him as a "positive proof".

Old 08-19-2014, 12:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,127,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Transcript of man speaking in background of video:

#1 How’d he get from there to there?
#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck
{crosstalk}
#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him
{crosstalk}
#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –
#1. Oh, the police got his gun
#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him
{crosstalk}
#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing
#1 The Police?
#2 The Police shot him
#1 Police?
#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)

Read more at Witness, Michael Brown 'bum rushed' cop by Renee Nal
Quote:

I've already heard that audio.

Which witness has said Brown rushed the officer?

Old 08-19-2014, 12:24 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
You have such a vivid imagination yet seem loathe to believe what there is clear evidence of, that Mike Brown was a bully and a thief and very likely set in motion the series of events that led to his demise.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 PM

1,400 posts, read 1,844,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I disagree. I think we should be teaching our children to respect cops.
Respect is earned, not given. We should be teaching our kids to respect but we should also be teaching them to question.

The thing is, you can get pulled over for whatever reason, very quickly there are two or three more squad cars, orders are being barked around, everyone is nervous, you MUST comply even if it is totally unreasonable. I have had a police officer threaten my father and mother in law (then in their 60s) that he will shoot their dog for barking in the back of the car. Well duh, it is a dog, it's not like he speaks English, he is in the back of the car that is pulled over, doing what dogs do. Hard to respect a cop like that - to me that's a scumbag with a gun and a badge. I wish my in-laws taped him and tried to pursue some kind of a case against him.

However, I cannot judge the whole force based on this one guy.

Now, I have been pulled over and the police officer was very respectful, professional and made me feel at ease. I respect the man for that and every time I see him in town I say "hello" even though he gave me a ticket.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:25 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
"Can we just skip ahead of the trial and prosecute for civil rights reasons?" - Joy Ann Reid on The Reid Report

Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
When? There were enough "eye witnesses" after the shooting that it would have been pretty noticeable if one of them punched Wilson in the eye before he went to the hospital. Or maybe an EMT did it for him. Or wait, I bet it was the emergency room nurse.

There you go, it was probably the emergency room nurse who was in on the whole thing from the start.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:

It might explain why he nearly emptied his ammo clip because he couldn't shoot straight.

Old 08-19-2014, 12:30 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It might explain why he nearly emptied his ammo clip because he couldn't shoot straight.
If you are right handed and right eye dominant, having your right eye injured would result in you pulling your shots to the left. Having your left eye injured would probably not change your pattern that much (other than having to deal with the adrenaline from being injured).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies