Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 08:05 AM

671 posts, read 690,577 times

Advertisements

I'm not happy at ALL that Mr. Brown was shot...I'm terribly sad for his parents. This IS a tragedy. It's a tragedy when anyone is killed under violent circumstances.

Do not think that just because people side with the law, or show that the black youth of today are criminally out of control, that we "hate" this young man...I don't! YOUR words...not mine! Nor how I feel.

I'm an independent thinker, and I tend to research quite a bit. There's much more going on that contributed to this young man's death...and part of the onus, unfortunately, was on him.
Read the posts- look at the links.
Tell me how this current degraded and criminal "culture" in the black youth population can be changed!

Dandiday

Old 08-20-2014, 08:17 AM

2,957 posts, read 5,904,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Where's the page for those of us who want him tried for murder?

Old 08-20-2014, 08:26 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,988,162 times
All situations like this shows is how racists this country is from all sides. People are taking sides based on the individuals involved and not really considering the facts.

Old 08-20-2014, 08:31 AM

329 posts, read 387,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
All situations like this shows is how racists this country is from all sides. People are taking sides based on the individuals involved and not really considering the facts.
Funny, I don't see white people kicking in doors and looting shops, or was it a white guy that punched the cop?, or was there a white counter part to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?
Please show some racism from "all sides".

Old 08-20-2014, 08:33 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This is so sad. The death of Michael Brown is sad. The hatred of a dead black teenager and blind love of the police, is tragic.

Perhaps it is all of you who are doing the "kool aid drinking" that right wingers alluded to so often by tea bag types.

The police, like any other governmental agency; need to be questioned in a democratic society. They appear to be out of control.
No one said they hated Mr Brown...please no need for your bleeding heart.

I suppose you also think we are too harsh on the looters and rioters in the street as that solves nothing except to reinforce the already stereotypical thinking many have of young black urban men.
Mr Brown's family asked them to demonstrate peacefully and they can't even honor that request

Old 08-20-2014, 08:36 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crue cab View Post
Funny, I don't see white people kicking in doors and looting shops, or was it a white guy that punched the cop?, or was there a white counter part to Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton?
Please show some racism from "all sides".
I'll answer your question....there was no white racism. But if blacks don't stop with the ghetto guilt trips there certainly will be a turn around in the attitude of most whites to blacks.

Many people are getting sick of the black persecution complex.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:22 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Thanks for the link. I'm now a fan of the page.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:27 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,440,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
This is so sad. The death of Michael Brown is sad. The hatred of a dead black teenager and blind love of the police, is tragic.

Perhaps it is all of you who are doing the "kool aid drinking" that right wingers alluded to so often by tea bag types.

The police, like any other governmental agency; need to be questioned in a democratic society. They appear to be out of control.
Sheena dear, the police are being questioned. And please stop calling people haters just because we identify with a law-abiding lifestyle.

It's tragic that Michael Brown pulled a strong-arm robbery right in his own neighborhood, and it's tragic that he'll never grow up to mend his ways and become a productive member of society.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:47 AM

2,281 posts, read 3,035,578 times
The cognitive dissonance over this event is staggering. Labeling Michael Brown as a criminal doesn't change the fact that he was a victim of an extra-judicial slaying at the hands of law enforcement.

The penalty for robbery is not death in this country. Nor is the penalty for assaulting a police officer in this country death. There should be clear justification for using deadly force on a *suspect*.... so far there hasn't been anything remotely resembling it, especially given the fact that Brown was unarmed.

Those of you complaining about race being injected into the issue are simply burying your heads in the sand. Telling minorities to stop complaining about racism (which is what you are doing, effectively) will not make racism magically disappear. Anyone with even cursory knowledge of law enforcement race statistics can plainly see that race is still a massive issue.

Its pretty obvious that you have a problem when Levar Burton (Star Trek, Roots, Reading Rainbow) has to make special precautions to avoid getting beat up or killed by the police who are *supposed* to protect him -
Burton: I put hands outside car when pulled over - YouTube

Old 08-20-2014, 09:53 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,261,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzanman View Post
The penalty for robbery is not death in this country. Nor is the penalty for assaulting a police officer in this country death. There should be clear justification for using deadly force on a *suspect*.... so far there hasn't been anything remotely resembling it, especially given the fact that Brown was unarmed.
He didn't die for committing a robbery. He died for going after the policeman's gun, assaulting the officer, and then finally charging him to where the officer feared for his life. He was also 6'4" and 292 lbs. He was armed with THAT if you want to get technical. Deadly force was warranted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies