Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should black Americans have their own country?
Yes, that's a great idea 34 33.66%
No, are you crazy? 67 66.34%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 09:26 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
that kinda the idea behind the black panted platform. now i don't think they need their own country but I welcome the idea of their own towns or cities. but not just heavy majority. but completely 100%. 100% black police fore, 100% black governments , everything fire hospitals, schools, shops,. kinda like a china town.

i notice some are claiming back to africa, by no way am i suggestion that. I just feel people are more happy with their own kind sand culture, without government forcing the busing type deals on people.
I wouldn't have a problem with this. Most major city's do have some little community or hub designated towards a certain demographic. I know there is a Little Italy, Chinatown, Little India..they exist and they do very well.

Might I add they have ONLY businesses run by that demographic. That would definitely help the community economically, as it has done in the listed examples.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:34 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I have a complete understanding of the subject being discussed. Before I even asked you to substantiate your claims I knew you weren’t going to. I never made the claim that Black Americans have full self determination over every aspect of their lives. But do you know what? White Americans don’t have a full self determination over their lives neither. The USA isn’t homogenous so if you’re looking for absolutes in this country you’re going to be sorely disappointed my friend [figure of speech & not an indication we are really friends].

On to your next point about resources! Name the resources are “available” due to your whiteness? Good schools are based on available tax revenue not whiteness. Access to jobs are based off of startup capital not whiteness. Now on to your statement about the “poor environment” created by the inhabitants [of black areas]! To understand this aspect you need to understand poverty and the history of poverty in America. Go ahead and let me know what your understanding is here so I’m not wasting my breath.

And the last point of this post that I’m addressing is your statement about white conservative oppression. So answer me this, why should we move away from our homes because Billy the racist red neck doesn’t what a black person as a neighbor?
Are you not able to even have a discussion without making assumptions about my personal life? Your approach is shallow and worse, all your assumptions are wrong.

Resources - There is this pathetic idea that somehow Whites have just hoarded the good schools and the good businesses and good jobs. This completely overlooks the fact that all those things are creations, not "resources." Black areas tend to have high crime rates and low social trust, which is the reason that property values are lower, that there's less tax revenue for schools and that businesses avoid these areas.

And it's not simply an issue of poverty. There are countless areas across America that were once thriving communities with high home values and good schools that have gone downhill since Blacks became the majority. Blacks brought poverty to those areas because of the crime and dysfunction that followed them.

And Blacks don't have to move away from their homes to escape White oppression. They can just stay where they are and the Whites will move away. But Blacks keep following Whites to their communities. Why would this even happen if Whites were so oppressive to Blacks? I already know the answer, but I'm sure you have your ideas.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:36 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
that kinda the idea behind the black panted platform. now i don't think they need their own country but I welcome the idea of their own towns or cities. but not just heavy majority. but completely 100%. 100% black police fore, 100% black governments , everything fire hospitals, schools, shops,. kinda like a china town.

i notice some are claiming back to africa, by no way am i suggestion that. I just feel people are more happy with their own kind sand culture, without government forcing the busing type deals on people.
You are aware the 'Chinatown' isn't actually a town. It's more or less a suburb. A sub section of a larger city that is still very much part of the larger city.

With that said, this could not be enforced. If something like this were to happen, which objectively would have some positives and negative, it would have to be voluntary. This requires a great deal of social mobility, and there's a large amount of black Americans who do not have the social mobility. Most can't afford to leave their home in hopes of having security somewhere else, and the ones who do don't really want to sacrifice what they have. Since black people relocating isn't really a logical option, you'd have to have white people more away, which presents the exact same problems; people don't want to sacrifice security.

The fact is, if this were to occur, it would be generational. It would take decades. The worst part about it is that even after 40 years, you can have a relatively large town be 90% black, and the moment a major economic resource becomes available in that town, it will attract all races. That 90% black population could be dropped to less than 50% in a matter of years.

Something like this won't happen anymore. It might have worked in the past, but it just wouldn't be a logical possibility anymore.

... Probably...

Old 08-30-2014, 09:37 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
CD politics forums never ceases to amaze me. I'm glad CD is not representative of the average american. Very bizarre.
So .. are we all above average Americans?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:00 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Why not? As long as it isn't in the United States. Or, they could quit whining, stay in school and get an education, and compete in the marketplace like most people.
Ed from California: You said "They"..., LoL...So when did the ENTIRE black population in America drop out of high school, become uneducated and unable to compete in the marketplace? Anyway, I'll pass that along, via test to my uneducated black son with the Aerospace Engineering degree, while he's piloting his U.S. Navy F-18 fighter jet somewhere over Iraq or Afghanistan.

Last edited by dorado0359; 08-30-2014 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 08-30-2014, 10:18 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachj7 View Post
CD politics forums never ceases to amaze me. I'm glad CD is not representative of the average american. Very bizarre.
You are not kidding.

Old 08-30-2014, 10:30 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times
you mean the south, and west sides of Chicago?

Old 08-30-2014, 10:36 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
you mean the south, and west sides of Chicago?
No, maybe we should all move to the near north side. How would you like that?

Old 08-30-2014, 11:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valsteele View Post
Do you think black people in America would be better off if they had their own country where they could make their own laws and not be oppressed by whites? Obviously it probably wouldn't be physically continguous, but what if the parts of the US that were say more than 80 percent black became sovereign nations? Living in "Afroamerica" would be totally optional of course, and white people would be allowed to live there as long as they recognized their privilege and didn't participate in politics or run for office.

Like the Indian Reservations there would be free travel into and out of Afroamerica and large areas of corporate owned Midwestern and Southern farmland would be part of the new country since obviously they couldn't thrive with just urban areas alone. Unlike the Indian reservations though Afroamerica would be fully sovereign and would have a seat in the UN.
NO. I say that because ALL American Black people are US citizens. If they REALLY want to have "their" own place; they need to pick Liberia AND lose their US citizenship because there only Black people can get citizenship.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:17 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Why would "afroamericans" who were born and raised in America want to leave the country they are originated from?

Really?! If that was the case for everyone then America would simply be uninhabited by ANYONE but the native americans.
Uh; even the American Indians came from Asia. They ain't any more "native" than me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies