Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should black Americans have their own country?
Yes, that's a great idea 34 33.66%
No, are you crazy? 67 66.34%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:57 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,834,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The reason why people hide how they really feel about blacks in real life is because any criticism of them no matter how well intentioned and communicated in the most nicest, most diplomatic way possible would STILL draw cries of racism. There's almost nothing negative you can say about blacks that likely won't get you in trouble and that's why the internet is one of the few remaining places where you can say what you really feel with relatively freedom.

And that to me is sad and is why blacks can't seem to ever get their crap together, because anything negative you say about them will only cause anger and defensiveness and a call for blood for ever suggesting black people are messed up in any way shape or form. Isn't it interesting that in most aspects of life you WELCOME criticism and advice so that you can improve and get better at something? For example if you're a pro athlete would you be offended if someone told you certain aspects of your game needed to be improved significantly if you wanted become a great player? Would you be angry and tell your coach to screw himself or would you take their advice and improve what they told you to improve? I think most athletes would try and do the latter because they want to succeed.

But when it comes to black crime and poverty? All that goes completely out the window. Try and tell blacks what they need to do to lower crime and get themselves out of poverty and become more peaceful and they get loud and angry at you. Leave them to their own devices and most never improve. So what's the result? Blacks stay the way they are, namely many being violent and ghetto and many non-blacks get angry and frustrated at blacks that they never change and they also become wary of them.

The bottom line is that its PRECISELY the suppression of open discussion of these issues that drives people to the net to express themselves. If you want to discuss how blacks are victims are disadvantaged and are discriminated against, that's perfectly fine. But if you want to talk about how blacks are violent and dangerous and how this can be solved, you will get attacked every single time for bringing that up in real life. If there could only be an honest discussion without people immediately being labeled racist, then maybe those discussions might actually achieve something.

i dont buy that. i think they are white trolls from stormfront. i dont believe the majority of blacks are racist, i dont think the majority of whites are racist. i dont think people think of race 24/7 like you do, as you post non stop about it. the problem is you.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:00 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,168,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
They have their own country. It is called "Liberia". It was created after the Civil War for blacks who wanted to return to Africa, but did not have any family or ties to the continent and did not want to remain in America.
Please. Liberia is not country of origin of all AAs. When you can figure out their specific ethnic origins, then maybe that would be something to talk about. Africa is not made up of "blacks" but of numerous nations with a plethora of diverse ethnic groups.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's not like many black families here ever asked to come here.

The vast majority of AAs in the US are here as a direct result of the institution of slavery. Don't you think it's ironic that white people went and "got" them and now some are wanting to "send them back?"

Can't have your cake and eat it too. Another pithy quote that works is "You made your bed, now sleep in it." And "The sins of the fathers are visited upon the children." Oh and "Everybody's chickens come home to roost." I could go on, but you get my drift.

My gosh, much of this country's wealth was built on the backs of slave labor and the slave trade itself, and then as a result of the Great Migration to the North's factories during WW1 and WW2. And don't even get me started on the richness of cultural influences from the AA community.

I don't think the racial problems in our country are the result of the color of anyone's skin. I think the problems are the direct result of racism and prejudice, and the very understandable after effect of 300 years of slavery. I also think that both black and white people are guilty of racism and that racist attitudes do absolutely NOTHING to help anyone.
Excellent post.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:07 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
We helped build this country... we aren't going anywhere.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyThere1 View Post
To be honest your son is one of how many black jet fighters. I can assure you there are not many out there.
Can't handle hearing about AA successes I see. Reminds me of this white family on our street whose family came to visit from some bush area of PA. They were both shocked and bothered by all the successful minorities, especially people of African descent. The wife told my mother that they said "but where we live the blacks live in the ghetto." Certain ones just couldn't deal. My immigrant mother could only say "wow" at how ignorant they were. So go ahead and convince yourself of whatever you please. I realize that such things just burn some folks inside.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:21 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,079,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
The reason why people hide how they really feel about blacks in real life is because any criticism of them no matter how well intentioned and communicated in the most nicest, most diplomatic way possible would STILL draw cries of racism. There's almost nothing negative you can say about blacks that likely won't get you in trouble and that's why the internet is one of the few remaining places where you can say what you really feel with relatively freedom.

And that to me is sad and is why blacks can't seem to ever get their crap together, because anything negative you say about them will only cause anger and defensiveness and a call for blood for ever suggesting black people are messed up in any way shape or form. Isn't it interesting that in most aspects of life you WELCOME criticism and advice so that you can improve and get better at something? For example if you're a pro athlete would you be offended if someone told you certain aspects of your game needed to be improved significantly if you wanted become a great player? Would you be angry and tell your coach to screw himself or would you take their advice and improve what they told you to improve? I think most athletes would try and do the latter because they want to succeed.

But when it comes to black crime and poverty? All that goes completely out the window. Try and tell blacks what they need to do to lower crime and get themselves out of poverty and become more peaceful and they get loud and angry at you. Leave them to their own devices and most never improve. So what's the result? Blacks stay the way they are, namely many being violent and ghetto and many non-blacks get angry and frustrated at blacks that they never change and they also become wary of them.

The bottom line is that its PRECISELY the suppression of open discussion of these issues that drives people to the net to express themselves. If you want to discuss how blacks are victims are disadvantaged and are discriminated against, that's perfectly fine. But if you want to talk about how blacks are violent and dangerous and how this can be solved, you will get attacked every single time for bringing that up in real life. If there could only be an honest discussion without people immediately being labeled racist, then maybe those discussions might actually achieve something.
While I do understand what you are saying, I think part of the problem is many people confuse the difference between racism and prejudiced.

When many people on here or in life label blacks as in one monolithic group this is when people allow their emotions to control how they respond.

As a conservative I believe in personal responsibility. I believe every person is responsible for their own actions and should be judged accordingly. If I put everyone together that has some sort of similarity and judge them by that, I take away their right and promise of personal responsibility.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:22 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
One choice missing.

They already do. Its called Africa.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
One choice missing.

They already do. Its called Africa.
Africa is not a country. Guess some folks really aren't smarter than a 5th grader....goodness.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:59 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Can't handle hearing about AA successes I see. Reminds me of this white family on our street whose family came to visit from some bush area of PA. They were both shocked and bothered by all the successful minorities, especially people of African descent. The wife told my mother that they said "but where we live the blacks live in the ghetto." Certain ones just couldn't deal. My immigrant mother could only say "wow" at how ignorant they were. So go ahead and convince yourself of whatever you please. I realize that such things just burn some folks inside.
It is a fact that there are very few Black pilots, especially jet fighter pilots. You didn't disprove what was said. Blacks are underrepresented in all the STEM fields and any profession that requires rigorous study. If you have actual facts to refute that, then go ahead and post them.

Old 08-31-2014, 09:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Africa is not a country. Guess some folks really aren't smarter than a 5th grader....goodness.

Goodness, they can pick any country in AfroamerIcA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies