Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 02:52 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
hmm I'm wondering why people are buying black market weed
...and it shows your "numbers" are off by 25%.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:52 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
hmm I'm wondering why people are buying black market weed
While counterintuitive, longer term smokers may just be seeking consistency.
Visit any shops over time and they're inundated with strain overload. Variety for variety's sake.
Rather than stick with winners, there's this imagined need to keep growing new & different strains.
The old guard may just prefer "what Greg's got" rather than listen to a whole spiel about the latest & greatest cross-breed hybrid.

Old 09-02-2014, 02:55 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
...and it shows your "numbers" are off by 25%.

some weeds are 20 a gram..

Old 09-02-2014, 08:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I am not going to debate half the cost as I have in the past and people seem to rattle numbers off without proof. Where if you look even at advertisements in Colorado the numbers are grossly cherry picked. The Westword is a great and easy way to look at prices. Let's just say it is for the sake of argument.

Speaking personally the same reason I buy food from places like Trader Joe's instead of the shady Mexican market in a crappy side of town. It would slash my grocery bill in half for similar products. However...Trader Joes is not adulterated with other crap, it has been checked for toxins/chemicals/heavy metals, it's not likely to be an outright fraud, and the quality of product is great. I got things like Salsa from the Mexican market (red water with chunks of "something"), spices (looked and tasted like sawdust), beans (never softened), and rice (tasted like licking a metal pipe).

I'd rather pay the money and have good quality. I know I am a snob to not want crappy products with who knows what in it. I consider it the smart thing to do.

I have been in Colorado and looked at their product and what they are selling it for.
Mexican shwag, is so High School.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
It is challenging for a legit business to compete with the black market.
Legalizing drugs is not going to put drug traffickers out of business.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What I find interesting is the refusal of the banks to do business with the pot shops. How noble they are !!! Where was that Nobility when they were perpetrating fraud on a mass scale during the latest financial disaster ? Well, I suppose, one could make the case they were just the customers of the pot shops at that time.
I don't think it has anything to do with nobility. Rather they probably do not want to be caught in the middle of conflicting state and federal laws.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It is challenging for a legit business to compete with the black market.
Legalizing drugs is not going to put drug traffickers out of business.
A legit business... Pay the man for the privilege to do business and pay him his cut of your business monthly.

Black Market..... Buy a product, mark it up to make a profit and sell to the public, in fear of getting caught by the man.

It makes drug trafficking, no more than a logistics company. If your bank account shows deposits, you better be paying taxes or have a paper trail explaining why you didn't pay tax on those deposits.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Colorado is NOT missing $21.5 million in marijuana taxes. Colorado has not realized an anticipated $21.5 million in tax revenue, because projections of this type are notoriously difficult.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
There are only a few ways consumer can pay the tax; none good for poorer people. But that does stop politicians when they see tax dollars to spend.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Colorado is NOT missing $21.5 million in marijuana taxes. Colorado has not realized an anticipated $21.5 million in tax revenue, because projections of this type are notoriously difficult.

the title is so miss leading. they made assumptions on how much tax revenue they would make..

if they want to make more tax money?? then make all weed recreational!!!! if mj patients want to get discounted weed let em get a prescription like all other patients that have to get meds .. no cards.. and drop the price on the recreational weed as more will buy the product.. that should put a bigger dent in the black market..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies