Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 07:21 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have not seen Mexican bricked shwag in years and I live in Texas, where they will hang you for growing pot.
Yet they allow it to come across the border.

What I find funny the government thinks pot has become high tech! Never understanding people who grow their own the pot was always above the rest. Growing up in CA everyone seemed to grow or new a family member who did. It grows like wildflowers in the woods not much care needed.

If Mexican MJ is not being seen, people must be growing in Texas or it's coming in from CA? The drug cartel I hear from people who visit the deep woods in CA are destroying the rivers and creeks, have cleared acres of trees to grow MJ.

Idaho is the same with MJ selling or growing can get you 10-20 yrs.....possession can ruin your life.

Last edited by wildflower82; 09-03-2014 at 07:38 AM..

Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
End thread!
Except now the government has to be convinced it's the drug cartel they need to stop paying to supply our streets with MJ. This would stop the people from doing time for possession.....ummm, seeing more of a connection to why the government thinks they know what is best.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Except now the government has to be convinced it's the drug cartel they need to stop paying to supply our streets with MJ. This would stop the people from doing time for possession.....ummm, seeing more of a connection to why the government thinks they know what is best.

Because like the Mob they want their cut!

Old 09-03-2014, 07:35 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yet they allow it to come across the border.

What I find funny the government thinks pot has become high tech! Never understanding people who grow their own the pot was always above the rest. Growing up in CA everyone seemed to grow or new a family member who did. It grows like wildflowers in the woods not much care needed.
No care is needed. It's a weed. In my wife's country of Nepal, the first task each wheat planting season is first getting rid of the ganja that takes over any field in a short period of time.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems they collected less that third of what they thought. Why am I not surprised?

Voters legalized retail marijuana (pot for everyone, not just medical patients) in 2012. And they were told the state wouldpull in $33.5 million from two new taxes in the first six months of 2014. It turns out, the projections were way off.
No surprise at all. When you over tax something (21%) , you will always have a thriving black market. So that $400 to $500 per ounce legal pot is readily available on the street for $120 to $300.

Politicians are the only ones surprised about this. Maybe that's because they do not understand the Laffer curve.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No care is needed. It's a weed. In my wife's country of Nepal, the first task each wheat planting season is first getting rid of the ganja that takes over any field in a short period of time.
Some people would dispute this I've seen people treat there plants like orchids!

Old 09-03-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Here's real over simplification but it's truth. MJ is just a plant that occurs naturally all over the world. If people want to dig up weeds from the back yard and smoke them, let them. Government should have no interest in it at all.

Taxes: eliminate all taxes except for a universal sales tax. Tax spending, not earning. That's the only way to tax the rich, and they spend more than you or I (in case you didn't know...).
MJ should be no different from tomatoes, corn and squash.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:53 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,462,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No surprise at all. When you over tax something (21%) , you will always have a thriving black market. So that $400 to $500 per ounce legal pot is readily available on the street for $120 to $300.

Politicians are the only ones surprised about this. Maybe that's because they do not understand the Laffer curve.
Wow, there's a number right out of someone's butt. You can get pot at the stores, legally, for what you said it is on the street pretty easily. Actually the top "street price" is above the top store price I have witnessed when I was last in Colorado.

How can people take you seriously if you have such problems telling the truth?

Old 09-03-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Wow, there's a number right out of someone's butt. You can get pot at the stores, legally, for what you said it is on the street pretty easily. Actually the top "street price" is above the top store price I have witnessed when I was last in Colorado.

How can people take you seriously if you have such problems telling the truth?
Your ignorance is exposed. But I will try to help you understand markets.

1. There are different grades and they command different prices. High quality can easily cost double the price of medium quality.

2. There are huge fluctuations in prices depending on the city. Both legal and street prices vary by more than 100% from city to city. Eventually, this will be less so.

3. Prices change quickly, especially in CO where new producers and outlets are coming on line every week.

The facts are that pot was $500 per ounce in Denver earlier this year. The price has come down a lot but is still much higher than street prices when normalizing for quality and location.

How can people take you seriously if you have such problems understanding markets?

Old 09-03-2014, 08:10 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,735,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
End thread!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies