Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 11:18 AM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
I think it is because the "minimum wage" idea is so inane and destructive that those who understand anything about money, the market, or human nature feel compelled to rail against the lunacy of it all.
Minimum wage Is such an inane and destructive concept that most developed industrialized nation have it, while most poverty riddled third world countries don't. Use your head, bud. Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 11:30 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Minimum wage Is such an inane and destructive concept that most developed industrialized nation have it, while most poverty riddled third world countries don't. Use your head, bud. Lol
Okay, I am defeated. Let's make the minimum wage a $1000 an hour and see how much changes in income disparity and purchasing power...(hint: nothing will change...the market will correct itself in proportion to the arbitrary minimum wage...)

Old 09-12-2014, 11:32 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
It is still a stupid idea. Developed nations have people who don't understand basic economics or elementary math so they pass stupid laws.

After so many discussions and you still can't understand why it's a stupid idea?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,408,756 times
Quote:
Okay, I am defeated. Let's make the minimum wage a $1000 an hour and see how much changes in income disparity and purchasing power...(hint: nothing will change...the market will correct itself in proportion to the arbitrary minimum wage...)

Why does this Fox News talking point continue to be regurgitated in every minimum wage thread? This is beyond assinine. "Why not make it $1 million / hour!!!"

Quote:
Well duh, we want to be a third world country.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I'd be in full support of that!!!

Old 09-12-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It is still a stupid idea. Developed nations have people who don't understand basic economics or elementary math so they pass stupid laws.

After so many discussions and you still can't understand why it's a stupid idea?
Every developed nation on earth has a minimum wage (most higher than ours) or sky high union membership. So the whole world is wrong and you're right?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post

Why does this Fox News talking point continue to be regurgitated in every minimum wage thread? This is beyond assinine. "Why not make it $1 million / hour!!!"

Well duh, we want to be a third world country.
Huh? Because that would be crazy?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:35 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,233 times
You got it right for once...most of the world is wrong.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Every developed nation on earth has a minimum wage (most higher than ours) or sky high union membership. So the whole world is wrong and you're right?
Me? My opinion doesn't matter.

You can't argue with math though. 1+1=2 and 1+2=3. You will not going to have 1+2=2. Again, elementary school math.

Old 09-12-2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Huh? Because that would be crazy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
You got it right for once...most of the world is wrong.
Quote:
Me? My opinion doesn't matter.

You can't argue with math though. 1+1=2 and 1+2=3. You will not going to have 1+2=2. Again, elementary school math.
I can't ever hope to match your intellect

1+1 = 2 has nothing to do with minimum wage. If you want to use numbers try some relevant ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies