Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2014, 05:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Even if the government mandated that EVERYBODY earned the minimum wage, you could still earn more in the black market.

Agorism is the only friend of humanity. The State is always the enemy of man.
The economy isn't the state though. I know it blends together fairly easily but it isn't the government making you to work for that wage, it is the government mandated minimum that companies can pay fur work and they choose to pay the exact minimum of allowed pay because that is what the market wants them to.

Your comment while right that people can earn more is right, but it is irrelevant in this particular argument of being forced to be paid minimum wage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 05:53 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think three is some truth the issue is many people don't realize how easy it is that or it is time consuming to really make a profit. A handyman fir instance has to buy nuts, screws and nails way before they are needed. It isn't like say getting the gas for a lawn mower that can be done basically JIT (Just-In Time). There are a number of hurdles that come up in this line of work including documentation. Someone proposed this idea in the past with lemonade, and yet we've heard the famous stories of kids having their stands reported to the police in areas you need to get a permit to do so. It may be a little easier than starting your own (proper) business, but there are still issues. And I didn't even get into the demand issue of the community.
Yes, being your own boss requires that you invest in your business. (That is why they make more than employees who invest nothing but time.) It just seems like you are always looking for barriers. Barriers are meant to be broken. Seek and ye shall find If you have an idea, a product, a service, that has enough value, you will find a way to do it. No you are not going to open up a plane manufacturing plant obviously, but there are many services you can provide that require little to no investment. Again, everything that people have to do that takes up their time has a value. If you can do any of those things for them it frees up their time. (Secret...not really...rich people's time is worth more to them than poor people's time...that is your target customer ) Do something that those with more money than you do don't want to waste their time doing and you will be pleasantly surprised how valuable that you become to them.

I am not trying to lecture, just trying to give you some things to think about. And I personally recommend not wasting your time in the controlled economy, you are automatically devalued considerably by government waste and interference. (another secret: do something that is highly regulated and taxed in the black market and you will be overvalued )

Old 09-13-2014, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The economy isn't the state though. I know it blends together fairly easily but it isn't the government making you to work for that wage, it is the government mandated minimum that companies can pay fur work and they choose to pay the exact minimum of allowed pay because that is what the market wants them to.

Your comment while right that people can earn more is right, but it is irrelevant in this particular argument of being forced to be paid minimum wage.
The economy in this country is completely dominated and regulated by the State. Don't let the propaganda get you twisted. Nothing in the controlled market is free from vast devaluation of everything involved due to endless taxation and regulation throughout the entire system.

The only "fair" market is the black market.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:25 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Default Its funny you say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Any proof of what? That Germany, France, Canada, the UK are economic superpowers or that they are have been run by liberals? LOL While I am at it, should I prove that 2+2=4 or you'll take my word for it? LOL
Those Euro countries are actually struggling with the cost of these high and mighty social programs. The PM of France hired a conservative to get France on track.

I know a Belgium Gentlemen who currently working in NY city. Back in Belgium he has to 50% taxes Support his grown Children and the oldest is 27 years. Mean while feeling the pressure that reenroll in college to avoid life and smoke some weed in the park.
Further his retirement program is taxed along with his savings. Plus his dead beat wife is still supported after all of the children have left.

Cheapskates, most of you on this subject have not manage a business and understand cost. Believe me the level of service I receive at Mc Donald's does not deserve 15.00 hours. That being said these "Dedicated Employees" should move on to a higher paying job if they feel so strong about $15.00 per hour.

Companies are not made of money and their purpose under private ownership is to make a profit. The poison of Europe and BO is corrupting motivation to excel.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:28 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Never met one yet. This is a copout argument. Nobody is forcing anyone to make minimum wage.

With conservative logic, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If you accept minimum wage, VOILA, that is proof you have chosen to accept it.

If you reject minimum wage, you're a lazy shirker who refuses to work.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:35 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Yes, being your own boss requires that you invest in your business. (That is why they make more than employees who invest nothing but time.) It just seems like you are always looking for barriers. Barriers are meant to be broken. Seek and ye shall find If you have an idea, a product, a service, that has enough value, you will find a way to do it. No you are not going to open up a plane manufacturing plant obviously, but there are many services you can provide that require little to no investment. Again, everything that people have to do that takes up their time has a value. If you can do any of those things for them it frees up their time. (Secret...not really...rich people's time is worth more to them than poor people's time...that is your target customer ) Do something that those with more money than you do don't want to waste their time doing and you will be pleasantly surprised how valuable that you become to them.

I am not trying to lecture, just trying to give you some things to think about. And I personally recommend not wasting your time in the controlled economy, you are automatically devalued considerably by government waste and interference. (another secret: do something that is highly regulated and taxed in the black market and you will be overvalued )
Or, do something the average person would not have the tools to do....if they knew how.

I picked water well drilling.

Everyone needs water.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post

Nothing conservative about it, it is reality. If you accept minimum wage, you accept it. If you reject it and do nothing, then yeah, no one will pity you. However, you can do something that is more valuable to your fellow man. If you cannot do anything that is more valuable for someone else, then you are not worth more than minimum wage. YOU WILL EARN WHAT YOU ARE WORTH TO WHOM YOU SELL YOUR SERVICE OR PRODUCT. What that something is will depend on what your talents and imagination are. Your value is not increased by wishing it so.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:39 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Or, do something the average person would not have the tools to do....if they knew how.

I picked water well drilling.

Everyone needs water.

That's what Meijer and Kroger are for.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:40 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
That's what Meijer and Kroger are for.
They have well drilling rigs???

Who knew???

Old 09-13-2014, 06:50 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:

That's because conservatives have no respect for other human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies