Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2014, 07:03 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Is that why the richest economies on this planet, Germany, the UK, Canada, France are all run by liberals? Lol

You conservatives actually believe that your insane economic policies work and are implemented anywhere in the world beside some poor third world countries (most poor third-world countries have low taxes and cheap labor) ??? Are you really so delusional???
Got any proof?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 07:06 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Got any proof?
Proof of what?

That Western Europe is liberal or that the middle east and Africa is conservative?

Old 09-12-2014, 07:17 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Got any proof?

Any proof of what? That Germany, France, Canada, the UK are economic superpowers or that they are have been run by liberals? LOL While I am at it, should I prove that 2+2=4 or you'll take my word for it? LOL

Old 09-12-2014, 07:18 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So your landlords have all been licensed to do electrical, plumbing, hvac, and construction repairs? You've never lived in an apartment complex where they keep people on staff to maintain the premises?

I have no idea what licenses they may have had or not had, but I have always lived in houses - not apartment buildings - and have either had landlords doing their own work or have had a handyman resident doing the work. (My current landlord personally re-roofed this house a few years ago, and he rents the house to his contractor buddy who does the maintenance as well as cool projects - he built the deck plus some nifty work that might have been unpermitted.)

Old 09-12-2014, 07:28 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,428,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Childless miniimum wage full time worker gets NO EITC and it is difficult for them to get rent subsidies.

Average 1BR in California rents for $800-$1,200 a month? Highly doubtful.
I guess I was being hyperbolic, and figured you know what I meant if you are from the Los Angeles area. According to the Huntington Post, the highest median household incomes in the Los Angeles, county are.

1. Brentwood at $2,540/month
2. Westwood at $2,485/month
3. Marina del Rey at $2,445/month
4. Santa Monica at $2,430/month
5. Pacific Palisades at $2,150/month

The least Expensive: These areas are either buried deep within Los Angeles' core (Koreatown, Crenshaw) or on the outskirts of the county. s.

1. Crenshaw at $860/month
2. North Hollywood at $1,040/month
3. Koreatown at $1,235/month
4. Pasadena at $1,260/month
5. Glendale at $1,350/month

Here's the link as it was reported for 2013 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3868046.html

Old 09-12-2014, 08:04 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Smaller units or not, things break and need to be repaired, in most places by someone who is licensed to do the work. It is an impossibility to be a landlord for any length of time and not pay someone to do something.

Things fall apart, the center cannot hold.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:30 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,571,299 times
We've seen what unchecked and rampant liberalism has done to the middle class citizens in this country, as evidenced by Democrat-created hellholes such as Detroit, New Orleans, Trenton, Buffalo, Flint, Cincinnati and many other bastions of liberalism.

Then you add California's distinction of having the highest poverty rate of any of the 50 states as a front page story in the LA Times pointed out last month, add in the disastrous economic policies of our current President, and that's all you need to know about the 'benefits' of unchecked liberalism.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Any proof of what? That Germany, France, Canada, the UK are economic superpowers or that they are have been run by liberals? LOL While I am at it, should I prove that 2+2=4 or you'll take my word for it? LOL
In other words, no you don't have proof. Ridiculing people who disagree with them is what people do when they don't really have anything to say. Then they come back say "well what you said wasn't worth my time" which also ends up sounding hollow since if it wasn't worth the time, you wouldn't have responded at all. Conservatives are very used to this standard routine of liberals.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:41 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
In other words, no you don't have proof. Ridiculing people who disagree with them is what people do when they don't really have anything to say. Then they come back say "well what you said wasn't worth my time" which also ends up sounding hollow since if it wasn't worth the time, you wouldn't have responded at all. Conservatives are very used to this standard routine of liberals.
It's hard to provide proof if the person asking for proof won't specify what they want proved.

Old 09-12-2014, 08:49 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
In other words, no you don't have proof.
Proof of what? LOL Which part of my post are questioning? The one that lists Germany, The UK, Canada, France as economic superpowers and rich countries or the one that lists these countries as run by liberals?

Please be specific as to what proof are you looking for LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies