Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 11:00 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
'They Were Abandoned and Just Left to Die There': Mother of Benghazi Victim Speaks Out on 'Justice With Judge Jeanine' | Fox News Insider

On last night’s “Justice,” Judge Jeanine Pirro was joined by Pat Smith, the mother of Sean Smith, who was one of four Americans killed in the deadly 2012 terror attack in Benghazi, Libya.
So now Fox news is using the mother of one of those killed to further their agenda? How typical and how shameful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 12:19 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So now Fox news is using the mother of one of those killed to further their agenda? How typical and how shameful.
Did any other of the MSM attempt to talk to family members, or were they afraid that the truth would come out condemning the government. Can't have dissent to their proclamations now, can they?

Old 09-09-2014, 12:42 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Got something for you that you obviously have chosen to not consider.

If you are under attack by an overwhelming force any delay in rescue is an eternity.

After all, how long does it take to die?
Who said I hadn't considered it? It would have been great if help would have arrived sooner.

It is so easy in hind sight to assert that a team from annex should have departed earlier. However if you are the person in command, I imagine the choice to send a small team, with light armaments, into an unknown hostile situation, against an unknown number of combatants is not so clear cut.

I'm would bet there are lots of examples where rushing into an unknown situation just resulted in more deaths without providing any assistance to the people you are trying to save.

But go ahead feel free to second guess "Bob".

Old 09-09-2014, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Did any other of the MSM attempt to talk to family members, or were they afraid that the truth would come out condemning the government. Can't have dissent to their proclamations now, can they?
What is the truth that the family member could provide about an incident that they did not witness?

Old 09-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What is the truth that the family member could provide about an incident that they did not witness?
About the same proof as blaming the attack on a White House declaration that it was caused by a video tape, later discredited.

BTW, did you witness it? By your claims it appears that you think you did.

Old 09-09-2014, 02:21 PM

[/quote][quote=WilliamSmyth;36427873]
Quote:
Who said I hadn't considered it?
You did when you indicated that you support the delay (stand down) order.

Quote:

It would have been great if help would have arrived sooner.
If they had not been restrained they would have arrived sooner. See how that works?

Quote:

It is so easy in hind sight to assert that a team from annex should have
departed earlier. However if you are the person in command, I imagine the
choice to send a small team, with light armaments, into an unknown hostile
situation, against an unknown number of combatants is not so clear cut.
Speaking of hindsight....
Quote:

I'm would bet there are lots of examples where rushing into an unknown
situation just resulted in more deaths without providing any assistance to the
people you are trying to save.

And there at least equally many examples where it made all the difference. Be honest with yourself.
Quote:

But go ahead feel free to second guess "Bob".[/quote
Gee, thanks for the permission. I would never second guess without your imperial permission.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
About the same proof as blaming the attack on a White House declaration that it was caused by a video tape, later discredited.

BTW, did you witness it? By your claims it appears that you think you did.
The White House declaration came from the CIA and which was based intelligence reports and eye witness accounts some of which turned out to be incorrect. I would say that is substantially different then from proof provided by someone who was not there and without access to the intelligence reports.

No, I did not witness it, but I have read the numerous reports coming out of the various committees and agencies. Something apparently based on their handling of this current story many Fox News employees have not done.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:18 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post

If they had not been restrained they would have arrived sooner. See how that works?

And there at least equally many examples where it made all the difference. Be honest with yourself.

Gee, thanks for the permission. I would never second guess without your imperial permission.
There is no legitimate way to have an opinion of the actions of "Bob". His mission is unknown and how he deploys or does not deploy his mercenaries can be dealt with only in the context of his mission.

You would also need to know the security plans of both the mission and the annex and how the various players acted when the situation got hot.

Again I doubt we will ever know exactly what was going down at the Annex. And if we do find out we will probably be lied to...

Old 09-09-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51
I neither support nor condemn the order to delay deployment. Just glad I wasn't in the position to have to make that call.

Quote:
Well now we are in full speculation mode aren't we. Perhaps they would have been ambushed or confronted with forces they were not prepared for.

Quote:

I am being honest, no one knows what would have occurred if different decisions were made. As I just wrote, I'm glad I wasn't in the position to have to make the call. Unless it is a totally unreasonable decision I'm willing to accept (neither supporting or condemning) the judgment of the person in charge on the scene. The reason for the delay was not unreasonable.
Quote:
No problem. Anything else I can do for you?

Old 09-12-2014, 03:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Former CBS Reporter Sharyl Attkisson Amazed: 'We Still Have No Idea' What Obama Did About Benghazi on 9/11/12

Former CBS Reporter Sharyl Attkisson Amazed: 'We Still Have No Idea' What Obama Did About Benghazi on 9/11/12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies