Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Isn't it the time to rethink that conservative "liberals are anti-business" claim as it is
Yes. Liberal socio-economic policies work as evidenced by the richest us states 19 63.33%
No. Only conservative policies work and Alabama and Mississippi are an exception 9 30.00%
I don't know. Need to find out more about the issue. 2 6.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:56 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
Of course it does. More people paying taxes means more people with taxable incomes. Less people paying taxes shows more with minimal or none income. What's so strange about it?
Not true, just because someone has higher income, this deasnt mean they arent living in poverty..

I can make a very good living here in Ohio earning $25K a year, but in NYC I'd be in poverty..

Didnt we just discuss this a minute ago?

yes, yes we did..

Old 09-16-2014, 12:59 PM

1,259 posts, read 829,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
The 'best to do business' or 'best run state' rankings are built from real-world numbers, not something someone just makes up.
No, they are subjective and based on preferences.

Quote:
You're rejecting successful Conservative states because they're not big enough, or should I say, they disprove your wide-reaching claims that R-run states are failures. FYI, Nebraska pays out more in taxes than they collect. ND is less dependent than CA.
North Dakota is successful because of its resources, so is Alaska. No surprise there.
Other states like Wyoming only because they get a lots of federal monies.

Where are these conservative successful states then? Why are conservatives lecturing everybody on sound economic policies while states run by them are mostly economic disaster zones?

Quote:
Those Liberal states that pay the most in Federal taxes have the most 1%ers, who pay 70% of Federal income taxes. CN, NY, CA, NJ & MA have the highest percentage of taxpayers earning over $200k, so its the rich greedy millionaires who progressives hate so much who are picking up the tab that let them boast that their 'rich' states subsidize 'poor' red states.
No lol. Those liberal states take advantage of monies they spent on education which paid off by developing a class of highly paid professionals who can afford to pay high taxes.
Note that these 1% do not leave these liberal states even they are being taxed higher than they would be in Alabama. LOL Thats should tell you something, too. LOL

Conservative economic ideas, what a bunch of hooey! lol

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-16-2014 at 01:24 PM..

Old 09-16-2014, 01:00 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Of course it does. More people paying taxes means more people with taxable incomes. Less people paying taxes shows more with minimal or none income. What's so strange about it?
You don't file your own taxes do you?

Quote:
Stop backing off and admit that liberal states are better off economically than conservative states.
As a matter of fact the poorest states in the nation are all conservative: Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana. Yes, conservative paradise, indeed.
I'm not backing off of anything, I've spent a lot of time in **** hole liberal run states to know that your premise is ignorant at best. You don't get to choose what is and what isn't a conservative paradise and if all you want to do is troll for attention then go for it. When liberal paradises like Detroit and Chicago are clean and doing well I'll start to care about what you have to say.

I am pushed to be more and more conservative by the liberal failures found in my and other conservative states. Liberals destroy everything they touch, liberals are leeches on the neck of the American people and liberal voters always vote freely with other people's money.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
No, they are subjective and based on preferences.

North Dakota is successful because of its resources, so is Alaska. No surprise there.
Other states like Wyoming only because they get a lots of federal monies.

Where are these conservative successful states then? Why are conservatives lecturing everybody on sound economic policies while states run by them are mostly economic disaster zones?

No lol. Those liberal states take advantage of monies they spent on education and developing the class of highly paid professionals. Note that these 1% do not leave these liberal states even they are being taxed higher than that would be in Alabama. LOL

Thats should tell you something, too. LOL

Conservative economic ideas, what a bunch of hooey! lol
Please cite for me what deems a conservative state a "failure"... lets start with YOU setting the standards...

many here have already pointed out that liberal states tend of have massive debt, and massive levels of welfare..

Old 09-16-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not true, just because someone has higher income, this deasnt mean they arent living in poverty..

I can make a very good living here in Ohio earning $25K a year, but in NYC I'd be in poverty..

Didnt we just discuss this a minute ago?

yes, yes we did..
Very good living in Ohio making $25 a year? Well, the standard of very good living is subjective so you could be right. But that's BS and we all know it.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Very good living in Ohio making $25 a year? Well, the standard of very good living is subjective so you could be right. But that's BS and we all know it.
Here is my Ohio home..

Cost me $132K.. In most of California or NY it would be millions of dollars..

You completely ignore the cost of living in places, and then pretend you are discussing reality, but truth is, you arent. I've got 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 9 garages, and 4 acres. I couldnt begin to touch a house like this in your "preferred" liberal areas..

Your definition is those people who live in high cost Democratic areas are rich because its expensive to live there.. your definition is histerical.. my master bedroom is larger than many of those folks whole apartment.

I also have a home in PA, one in IL and another one in FL, and my income is far lower than someone who lives in NYC and is stuck renting cause they cant afford to live there.

In fact I havent paid federal income taxes in 13 YEARS.. But you call me poor.. cause I dont live in a "democratic" area nor pay taxes.. hahahaha

Last edited by pghquest; 09-16-2014 at 01:15 PM..

Old 09-16-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You don't file your own taxes do you?

I'm not backing off of anything, I've spent a lot of time in **** hole liberal run states to know that your premise is ignorant at best.
***holes like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas or Louisiana or worse? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I am pushed to be more and more conservative by the liberal failures found in my and other conservative states. Liberals destroy everything they touch, liberals are leeches on the neck of the American people and liberal voters always vote freely with other people's money.
And yet the liberal states are successful and pay for the conservative failures like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Florida and others... Interesting theory. LOL

We know very well who are the leeches on the neck of American people...

Top contributors to federal budget:

State Dollars (millions)
_________Revenue____Spending___Net
California___334,425___227,605___106,820
New York___231,880___135,858___96,022
Illinois_____137,068___60,945____76,123

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...nding_by_state

Last edited by random_thoughts; 09-16-2014 at 01:50 PM..

Old 09-16-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Here is my Ohio home..

Cost me $132K.. In most of California or NY it would be millions of dollars..

You completely ignore the cost of living in places, and then pretend you are discussing reality, but truth is, you arent. I've got 5 bedrooms, 5 baths, 9 garages, and 4 acres. I couldnt begin to touch a house like this in your "preferred" liberal areas..
You should move to Haiti. Do you realize what could you buy for $132K there?

Old 09-16-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
You should move to Haiti. Do you realize what could you buy for $132K there?
Says random_thought, who completely avoided the point, on purpose..

Old 09-16-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
And yet the liberal states are successful and pay for the conservative failures like Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Kentucky, Florida and others... Interesting theory. LOL

We know very well who are the leeches on the neck of American people...
Is that why something like 1/3rd the nations welfare recipiants live in California?

Again, what is YOUR standard for failure of a state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies