Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 05:01 PM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Guess you have been living in a cave the last forty or so years.
Actually I live in pretty nice home if I say so myself.

Quote:
It seems YOU have problems dealing with your own masculinity
Whether that's true or not. I'd be more than happy to meet face to face to find out.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:20 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
I think I know the answer--The left can't stand that the NFL is a tough sport, they are looking for ways to sissify it. Their motives are always the same. "CONTROL."
Meh...not really. It's mainly a sport filled with dumb meatheads who will mostly end up broke anyway. If you want to sustain continuous brain injuries because it give you a warm feeling in your shorts, be my guest. Just don't beat your kids and spouses because you can't deal with your testosterone overload.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:25 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Meh...not really. It's mainly a sport filled with dumb meatheads who will mostly end up broke anyway. If you want to sustain continuous brain injuries because it give you a warm feeling in your shorts, be my guest. Just don't beat your kids and spouses because you can't deal with your testosterone overload.

That is simply not true, however what Gretsky fails to realize as some other here, Football it is a sport that is far from right wing, but yet tries to claim all the left hates it because it is a tough sport. His posting just shows me for what he his. Someone who lacks real knowledge in sports itself, and is simply trying to make it a politically partisan issue.

Old 09-19-2014, 06:43 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Its seems like the left is constantly attacking the game from concussions to marital abuse and whatever they can dig up. Is their ultimate goal to ban the game--no more sunday football.

If so my response to the left is you can stick you know where!!!
Because the players are not "Metrosexual"????

Old 09-19-2014, 06:45 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Football is made up of millionaires and yes it is an easy target, they are by no means the only problem when it comes to abuse, if issues with a national sports franchise comprised of millionaires cannot be held accountable then we are in deep trouble. Complete hypocrisy by the NFL they are not addressing the problem and neither is the legal system for that matter but the NFL with their money and clout are in a position to hold their employees accountable and they have put money ahead of integrity.

Football is not the last bastion of maleness, try commercial fishing or sign up to fight in Iraq if you want to show your testosterone.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:16 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Roger Goodell Press Conference

Old 09-19-2014, 07:45 PM

597 posts, read 1,443,879 times
Quote:
Its seems like the left is constantly attacking the game from concussions to marital abuse and whatever they can dig up. Is their ultimate goal to ban the game--no more sunday football.

If so my response to the left is you can stick you know where!!!

I have an idea why it is that suddenly the media is doing nothing but covering the NFL domestic violence.......it's called gearing up for the "war on women". Beyonce does her concert and features the huge sign saying " Feminist" and I recently heard Barry bringing up how the Democrats have a whole group of women getting ready to get out there for the elections.....It's coming...a full blown "war on women" mantra for the 2016 election. So just like when Barry was running, everyone was scared to say anything or be called a racist (like they did to Bill Clinton) and when Hillary runs, nothing will be able to be said about her or people will be called "anti-women".

Get ready for the abortion, birthcontrol, vajayjay, women's right's, women's health, women's pay, drum to start to beating and domestic violence will be part of that spin. We go through this woman non-sense EVERY SINGLE ELECTION and all the old shriveled up hippies that look like men, come out with their professionally printed signs screaming about men and how the right is trying to take away their abortion rights () .....here we go.

BTW...I am a woman and I am an Independent voter.....

Old 09-19-2014, 07:46 PM

57,316 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Roger Goodell Press Conference
Not very convincing 2 weeks later

Old 09-19-2014, 07:56 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times
Quote:

I think I know the answer--The left can't stand that the NFL is a tough sport, they are looking for ways to sissify it. Their motives are always the same. "CONTROL."
LOL! Hockey is tougher, mostly popular in blue states, and its players are almost all model citizens. I know several Nashville Preds, they donate tremendous time and money to charity, and live not in mansions off by themselves, but in the Nashville MTSA general neighborhoods.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:05 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Like other sports don't have a problem. So again why is the left targeting the NFL.

"Sissify it?"

Does that mean that you think that there is some correlation between spousal/child abuse and violent sports?
Or that if abuse is discouraged, the sport will no longer be entertaining?

Do tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies