Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 08:27 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times

Advertisements

Feminists simply want to take Football Sundays away from men. Their job is to find men having fun and put an end to it.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:38 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Lefties are just whiners and crybabies.
How so? Should we all just look the other way and ignore domestic violence with women and children for the good of the game. Everyone, regardless of political affiliation, should be outraged by this. Domestic violence happens every single day but because they are not famous, no one pays attention. Now that this has been brought to attention by the beloved nfl, it's finally front and center.

Old 09-19-2014, 08:58 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
I am aware of this. The NFL proper, a "non-profit" still makes billions on licensing and sponsorships.

I have no desire to subsidize them, whether I watched boring ass sports or not.

We also pump more billions of dollars into the NFL by building all those bright shiny new stadiums some with climate controlled domes and giving them to the teams and we even build new practice facilities and traing-medical rehab centers as well. They are already talking of building a billion dollar plus new dome in Washington DC area for our lovable losers called the Redskins as if their 90s era stadium in the Washington DC suburbs is now obsolete. The game as to who gets it VA, MD or DC has started and the bidding war with public money is underway. This is now our later day version of when Vespasian and Titius built the structure we so much think of when we think of the glory that was ROME.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:21 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Feminists simply want to take Football Sundays away from men. Their job is to find men having fun and put an end to it.

you mean men to knock their girlfriends out with sucker punches ??

Old 09-20-2014, 02:17 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Just a little fact the incidence of sexual abuse, spouse abuse, all of these criminal acts in the NFL is 13% what it is in the general population. So again why is left targeting the NFL!
I don't get why you say that? It's not just the left. Do gooder butinskis from both sides are doing it.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:20 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Just look up the threads in this subforum, Current Events, and Sports. You'll see plenty of people saying stuff like: "Ohh it's FINE that Peterson beat his kids to the point of bruising and scarring!" Or "If Rice beats his woman unconscious, it's a private family affair, no big deal!"

And you'll then notice an uncanny positive correlation between many of these same people saying that stuff and then coming on here and expressing all the typical points of right-wing dogma...

Just saying. And I haven't seen any of the typically-considered "liberals" around here defend these instances child abuse and domestic violence...only some of the conservatives.
You didn't prove anything. You made things up.
I haven't yet read a post that said it's no big deal. I haven't yet read a post defending the actions of those involved.
I've heard from the wife that it is a private affair.
Let the courts handle it is what I've seen.

Old 09-20-2014, 04:01 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,080,713 times
Journalist Scottie Nell Hughes thinks the media is giving so much attention to the NFL's domestic abuse problem to vilify men in order to benefit Hillary Clinton's presidential ambitions.---"BINGO"

The left are such connivers

Roar Author Scottie Nell Hughes discusses her new book and the NFL - Podcasts - KELO Newstalk 1320 107.9 - Local News & Talk Radio - Sioux Falls, SD

Last edited by gretsky99; 09-20-2014 at 04:37 AM..

Old 09-20-2014, 05:05 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
According to ESPN Harbaugh wanted Rice released back in February, I recall hem indicating in a press conference that the incident was no big deal. Some really good acting on his part if it's true that the owners and managers overruled his decision.

Quote:
Harbaugh was "horrified" by what he saw on the video and wanted to cut Rice
right away, four sources told OTL.
However, Harbaugh was overruled by owner Steve Bisciotti, team president Dick
Cass and general manager Ozzie Newsome. The higher ups in the Ravens
organization decided to hold on to Rice.
.................................................. .................

The Ravens ran into another problem on March 9, when backup offensive lineman
Jah Reid was arrested and charged with two counts of
battery
At that point, Harbaugh wanted to dump Reid, Rice and Deonte Thompson, another Ravens player who had been arrested.
Report: John Harbaugh wanted to cut Ray Rice in February, was overruled - CBSSports.com

Old 09-20-2014, 05:07 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Journalist Scottie Nell Hughes thinks the media is giving so much attention to the NFL's domestic abuse problem to vilify men in order to benefit Hillary Clinton's presidential ambitions.---"BINGO"

The left are such connivers

Roar Author Scottie Nell Hughes discusses her new book and the NFL - Podcasts - KELO Newstalk 1320 107.9 - Local News & Talk Radio - Sioux Falls, SD
I think this is connected to Benghazi

Old 09-20-2014, 06:04 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
According to ESPN Harbaugh wanted Rice released back in February, I recall hem indicating in a press conference that the incident was no big deal. Some really good acting on his part if it's true that the owners and managers overruled his decision.

Report: John Harbaugh wanted to cut Ray Rice in February, was overruled - CBSSports.com
Most of the things that some are complaining about with the NFL actually originate from within the league and not outside influence. The name thing with the Redskin is from outside the league. Things such as improving the culture of the league, concussions, and the Diversity and Inclusion policy all comes from within.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies