Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:41 AM

594 posts, read 346,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Its seems like the left is constantly attacking the game from concussions to marital abuse and whatever they can dig up. Is their ultimate goal to ban the game--no more sunday football.

If so my response to the left is you can stick you know where!!!
The left despises any and all uniquely American traditions, and football is a traditional favorite of Americans, so it needs to be torn down, meanwhile we are upposed to embrace soccer, because Europe and Central America love it..

Old 09-18-2014, 11:43 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
It is aggressive, but in all fairness the league is dominated by politically left leaning athletes. As far as concussions that all comes from within and through the players union, and not outside forces.

"In all fairness"? Is that a joke?

NFL kicks in big for GOP - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Old 09-18-2014, 11:45 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
I've noticed a growing anti-NFL sentiment in the media as well and have been curious about it. Yes, it's a dangerous sport but most if not all sports can be dangerous, shrug.

Then I found this which explains why the media picks pet projects—an ages-long issue suddenly becomes an 'epidemic' (i.e., bullying), criticizing American sports such as baseball or football, et al—and then it's picked up by other media outlets which creates a domino effect on social media which I guess is the point because it's all about controlling the national conversation-

Drive-By Media Outrage Over Ray Rice Creates Backlash Against Liberal Social Engineering Through Sports

It's all social engineering, controlling the narrative, and distracting the populace from the ever encroaching government/corporate control over us and to cover up the continued loss of our civil/privacy rights.

How else to explain why Americans continue to sleep while our government whittles away at our constitution and the world falls apart without strong US leadership?

Old 09-18-2014, 01:08 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
"In all fairness"? Is that a joke?

NFL kicks in big for GOP - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com
Not at all. Campaign contributions mostly from team owners is not the same as to who individual athletes support. I have worked in sports related fields all my life, 35 yrs experience from athlete, coach to administrator and will tell you sports is simply a macrocosm of society. How that translates in the NFL is that blacks make up over two thirds of the league and blacks overwhelmingly support Democrats. All in all most athletes are pretty much middle of the road when it comes to politics.

Old 09-18-2014, 01:40 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Its seems like the left is constantly attacking the game from concussions to marital abuse and whatever they can dig up. Is their ultimate goal to ban the game--no more sunday football.

The NFL is America at its knuckle dragging best.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:19 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Quote:
*sigh*

You and all the people who agree with you are beyond ridiculous.

Anyone who turns even sports into a political issue is pathetic. Seriously, it's like some of you people just LOOK for any little thing to argue politically about. It makes me sick.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:19 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I've noticed a growing anti-NFL sentiment in the media as well and have been curious about it. Yes, it's a dangerous sport but most if not all sports can be dangerous, shrug.

Then I found this which explains why the media picks pet projects—an ages-long issue suddenly becomes an 'epidemic' (i.e., bullying), criticizing American sports such as baseball or football, et al—and then it's picked up by other media outlets which creates a domino effect on social media which I guess is the point because it's all about controlling the national conversation-

Drive-By Media Outrage Over Ray Rice Creates Backlash Against Liberal Social Engineering Through Sports

It's all social engineering, controlling the narrative, and distracting the populace from the ever encroaching government/corporate control over us and to cover up the continued loss of our civil/privacy rights.

How else to explain why Americans continue to sleep while our government whittles away at our constitution and the world falls apart without strong US leadership?

Who do you actually think is controlling the narrative, yes there are more important things but is this not news worthy.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:21 PM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Yes it is but even the football players union is now in the concussion camp, they must be liberal feminists.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:23 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Not the entire NFL. Just the handful of idiots in it.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:23 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:

So...
The "right" is for TBI and wife beating?
This is what you are saying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies