Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 05:29 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,977,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Those women who just won't put up with being beaten by their men and country folk who refuse to just look the other way so that beer drinking men can watch football.
Amen. I was a football fan, but I have watched my last game, unless I see them not simply being an employer of felons, murderers, wife beaters, child abusers..

Old 09-17-2014, 05:32 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,384,355 times
Tell me something, if a normal person knocked their girlfriend out like that, and had it caught on camera.....Would they have had the option to get no real penalty, and have it wiped from their records? No.

Everyone should be upset by his special treatment.

Rice was ordered to take anger management counseling and be supervised, by a probationary period, for 12 months, if Rice stayed out of trouble for the 12 months, there would be no trace of the case on his record.

And thats justice.....for those that can afford it.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
NFL Personal Conduct Policy - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
The NFL Personal conduct Policy:
Conduct that imposes inherent danger to the safety and well being of another person.
The use or threat of violence; domestic violence and other forms of partner abuse; theft and other property crimes; sex offenses; obstruction or resisting arrest; disorderly conduct; fraud; racketeering; and money laundering.

When an athlete agrees to play for the NFL they also agree to the personal conduct policy. I don't think it unreasonable to hold those being paid millions of dollars to play in the NFL accountable. I don't think it unreasonable to expect college educated professionals to a very reasonable standard of conduct.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:42 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Its seems like the left is constantly attacking the game from concussions to marital abuse and whatever they can dig up. Is their ultimate goal to ban the game--no more sunday football.

If so my response to the left is you can stick you know where!!!
Just the lefts war on men

Old 09-17-2014, 05:42 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
This is one of those points I really have to wonder about the sanity of right-wingers who make these accusations. I certainly don't want to eliminate football... I do want the behavior of these "role models" being paid millions to not make me want to vomit. I want the league to stop covering up the rampant head injuries and make the game safer for the players. PERIOD.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:44 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
The left like the right has got tired of Goofdell turning the NFL into two hand touch?

Old 09-17-2014, 05:46 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Its seems like the left is constantly attacking the game from concussions to marital abuse and whatever they can dig up. Is their ultimate goal to ban the game--no more sunday football.

If so my response to the left is you can stick you know where!!!
I've heard many right wingers complain about the sport being to violent.

Maybe you should look around a bit more. Politicians aren't always representative of the people they claim to represent

Old 09-17-2014, 05:48 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphan View Post
Roger Goodell is a tool and be should be dismissed of his duties.
you are so full of it.

as CEO of a company as per the NFL. its not his duty to gun ride over each of his employee/players, as far as not seeing the video, i can understand that, that would be the duty of an underlean, and till its proven and convicted by a court of law. really the NFL as nothing to do with it

you just looking for some body to say they sorry so you can ***** slap them.

now once convicted by a court of law, hell yea, fire, ban, crucfly all you want

Old 09-17-2014, 05:50 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
What an insane thread, but not suprising with the OP's history. As someone who basically watches 10 hours of football every Sunday 3 1/2 hours of Football Thursday and Monday and several more hours of fotball related shows I can certainly say I don't want to ban football, end football, destroy football or any other drivel that you decide to spew. Having issues with the way certain things have been handeled instead of sweeping it under the rug is not hating football.

Old 09-17-2014, 05:54 PM

46,972 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
This was a topic on Rush Limbaugh either this morning or last night. No idea if thats where this started.

It is of course complete foolishness in my opinion. Really? The left is out to get football? What is wrong with you people that you think this?
Rush Limbaugh thrives on the paranoid style - and for the paranoid, every unfortunate outcome is the result of a sinister scheme on part of The Enemy.

Quote:
The paranoid’s interpretation of history is distinctly personal: decisive events are not taken as part of the stream of history, but as the consequences of someone’s will. Very often the enemy is held to possess some especially effective source of power: he controls the press; he has unlimited funds; he has a new secret for influencing the mind (brainwashing); he has a special technique for seduction (the Catholic confessional).
- from this excellent article: The Paranoid Style in American Politics | Harper's Magazine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies