Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 02:36 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
*sigh*

You and all the people who agree with you are beyond ridiculous.

Anyone who turns even sports into a political issue is pathetic. Seriously, it's like some of you people just LOOK for any little thing to argue politically about. It makes me sick.
Exactly right and like I posted earlier, those that breed this crap never wore a jockstrap past their youth.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:40 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
*sigh*

Anyone who turns even sports into a political issue is pathetic. Seriously, it's like some of you people just LOOK for any little thing to argue politically about. It makes me sick.
Sports and players have been made political. Maybe you need to take off the blinders pal.

Senate Democrats urge NFL to endorse name change for Redskins - The Washington Post
Sen. Cory Booker among U.S. Senators seeking to yank the NFL's tax-exempt status | NJ.com
Sixteen female senators send letter to Roger Goodell calling for zero tolerance - ESPN
Sen. Blumenthal Statement On NFL Handling Of Ray Rice Video | Press Releases
Ben Utecht Testifies At NFL Concussion Hearing In U.S. Senate Committee « CBS Minnesota
US Congressional Hearings on Steroids in Baseball

Etc...

Old 09-18-2014, 02:47 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,914,174 times
Perhaps I should have been more clear...

When you make the NFL a "Left vs. Right" issue, it's PATHETIC.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:51 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,107,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
The left despises any and all uniquely American traditions, and football is a traditional favorite of Americans, so it needs to be torn down, meanwhile we are upposed to embrace soccer, because Europe and Central America love it..
Well, this here homosexual leftist loves the NFL.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:55 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I've noticed a growing anti-NFL sentiment in the media as well and have been curious about it. Yes, it's a dangerous sport but most if not all sports can be dangerous, shrug.

Then I found this which explains why the media picks pet projects—an ages-long issue suddenly becomes an 'epidemic' (i.e., bullying), criticizing American sports such as baseball or football, et al—and then it's picked up by other media outlets which creates a domino effect on social media which I guess is the point because it's all about controlling the national conversation-

Drive-By Media Outrage Over Ray Rice Creates Backlash Against Liberal Social Engineering Through Sports

It's all social engineering, controlling the narrative, and distracting the populace from the ever encroaching government/corporate control over us and to cover up the continued loss of our civil/privacy rights.

How else to explain why Americans continue to sleep while our government whittles away at our constitution and the world falls apart without strong US leadership?
Dang, that is some seriously paranoid thinking going on there. I don't consider football a political issue. Nor do I think punishing someone for abuse as political either. However, if the OP & others want to complain that liberals are spotlighting the NFL for abuse problems amongst their players, that says a lot about conservatives, now doesn't it?

Old 09-18-2014, 03:05 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Amen. I was a football fan, but I have watched my last game, unless I see them not simply being an employer of felons, murderers, wife beaters, child abusers..
Maybe you need to turn in your DNC membership card too bob. Try being consistent for once in your life.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,571 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The MSNBC phone app on my phone has thrown headline after headline after headline up denigrating the NFL, Goodell, Rice, and Peterson. Every single one of those headlines are absent any "breaking news" component....merely emotional blabbering to appeal to women and limp-wristed emotional crybabies. It is clear that they have a vendetta against the NFL. Just because a particular group of liberals on this forum have not paid attention to the incessant coverage/attacks on the NFL by the left lately does not mean they are not happening.
But it does mean that the "Left" isnt all doing what you claim.

it seems to be a cross section of people, not just the "left"

The entire Alabama Republican Congressional delegation called for the resignation of Judge Mark Fuller for beating his wife, and that was just yesterday and was a lead story on CNN.

As was the Chris Rainy(NFL RB) Story today on CNN.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
"In all fairness"? Is that a joke?

NFL kicks in big for GOP - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com
Thanks for providing more proof that the left is gunning for the NFL - motive.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
*sigh*

I hope you've expressed your feelings to the 50 or so Democrat Senators who sent a letter to the Redskins wetting their pants over Snyder's refusal to change the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies