Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 04:30 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And, still no facts to support the otherwise baseless blather.
Of course there would be no way to prove my claim. But my baseless blather as you say is based on my perception and observations of a 35 year career in sports. I can provide a few links that shows a pattern that political leanings in sports are based on race. Of course there are exceptions. There are some black Republicans and there are some white Democrats and there are some of both races that are swing voters.

Which Presidential Candidate Athletes Support | SportsGrid

List of Barack Obama presidential campaign endorsements, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of Mitt Romney presidential campaign endorsements, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-18-2014, 04:37 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Thanks for providing more proof that the left is gunning for the NFL - motive.
Thanks for proving that right wing extremists will twist anything to make it look like they are victims of the left. The logic is mindbending.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:46 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Its seems like the left is constantly attacking the game from concussions to marital abuse and whatever they can dig up. Is their ultimate goal to ban the game--no more sunday football.

If so my response to the left is you can stick you know where!!!
Hmmm, I'm certainly not "Left" and I'm a big football fan, but I do take issue with NFL players getting away with crap the rest of us would be thrown in prison for.

I'm a huge Chicago Bears fan. If Jay Cutler beats the living crap out of his wife tomorrow, I want him suspended indefinitely ASAP and I don't think we need to wait for the courts do anything. These guys signed a contract promising that they would not do anything that would embarrass the NFL. The NFL has been turning a blind eye to domestic violence for far too long now. They've been like this:

High time they started holding their employees accountable. If we lose a few star players to their own stupidity, good riddance. Nobody held a gun to Ray Rice's head forcing him to knock his fiance out. Nobody forced Adrian Peterson to cut up his four year old child "cuz he needed a whoopin." They made their own decisions and they must deal with the consequences.

NFL Football will survive just fine and maybe this will force these poor spoiled millionaires to act like real men instead of spoiled prima donnas.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:37 PM

13,305 posts, read 7,875,111 times
Default Why Does The Left Have It's Cross Hairs On The National Football League

Each team in the NFL secretly plans violence on another team.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:39 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Hmmm, I'm certainly not "Left" and I'm a big football fan, but I do take issue with NFL players getting away with crap the rest of us would be thrown in prison for.
Except most people in general get away with spousal and child abuse.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:43 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
Do not not what the political angle is the OP was referring to but it seems to me there should be a separation between what a man does for his job and his private life. Fellow popped his women. Why should that affect his job?

Last edited by Felix C; 09-18-2014 at 06:51 PM..

Old 09-18-2014, 05:48 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,231,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Do not not what the political angle is the OP was referring to but it seems to me there should be a separation between what a man does for his job and his private life. Fellow poped his women. Why should that affect his job?
Because THERE IS NO SEPARATION. You know due to social media and money and all that, and the fact that the NFL is a viewership sport, if the viewers get angry, they will vote with their dollar.

Old 09-18-2014, 05:48 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Except most people in general get away with spousal and child abuse.
I don't think that in "general" anyone knocked their wife captured on video, dragged her out on an elevator and showed up for work the next day. Yes it is a problem but this is rather an exception, love the "everyone does it excuse". So what's your point we should ignore it because these players are being singled out and until we solve the national spousal abuse problem they should be allowed to play?

Maybe you have some statistics to back up your claim.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:00 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,844,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Because THERE IS NO SEPARATION. You know due to social media and money and all that, and the fact that the NFL is a viewership sport, if the viewers get angry, they will vote with their dollar.
I do not like spectator sports so it is nothing to me but I notice that fans want their team to win. That is what they care about. Win games, win division, win championship. If a player does something stupid off field there actually is no reason to penalize him where it will affect the team's ability to win.

Do you really think male fans care whether or not a player has a drug/domestic/violence/etc issue off the gamefield?

Last edited by Felix C; 09-18-2014 at 06:08 PM..

Old 09-18-2014, 06:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,596,784 times
Not a sports fan, but I'd like to see the NFL's non-profit status revoked ASAP. I don't watch it, yet I subsidize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies