Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 11:55 AM

78,347 posts, read 60,547,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Like I said, I hope to be proven wrong. Unleashing a disease that will ultimately kill millions of people is a crime on par with the Holocaust. The greatest difference is how much easier it would be to hide the evidence and deny it.

But rather than just laugh off the suggestion and ignore the possible connections, we sure as hell better be checking. After all, the actual holocaust started out as a secret conspiracy too, and our grandaddies swore they wouldn't EVER let it happen again.
I'm dismissing the grasping at straws trying to link one dead researcher to the intentional release of Ebola when of course researchers would be working with ebola.

It's like saying the elephants are planning to kill off humans and using as proof a keeper that got killed by one last month. SEE! IT's HAPPENING! lol.

Also, I've been through the "US GOVT made HIV to kill blacks" hoax of the 1980's. Now we know it predates the tech that would be needed to make something like that by maybe 100 years.

I mean, seriously....you have a bunch of people living in substandard conditions with clean water and adequate food unreliable and disease outbreaks have to be a conspiracy?

My relative that died in the civil war was in a unit of around 900 guys give or take. They lost about 80 guys to combat and about 200-250 to disease. Were they killed by a bio-engineered virus brewed up by the confederacy?

Old 09-26-2014, 12:39 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,807,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I'm dismissing the grasping at straws trying to link one dead researcher to the intentional release of Ebola when of course researchers would be working with ebola.

It's like saying the elephants are planning to kill off humans and using as proof a keeper that got killed by one last month. SEE! IT's HAPPENING! lol.

Also, I've been through the "US GOVT made HIV to kill blacks" hoax of the 1980's. Now we know it predates the tech that would be needed to make something like that by maybe 100 years.

I mean, seriously....you have a bunch of people living in substandard conditions with clean water and adequate food unreliable and disease outbreaks have to be a conspiracy?

My relative that died in the civil war was in a unit of around 900 guys give or take. They lost about 80 guys to combat and about 200-250 to disease. Were they killed by a bio-engineered virus brewed up by the confederacy?
Just for fun:

Chemical and Biological Warfare in the US Civil War

Did your ancestor's unit victims die from Yellow Fever?

Old 09-26-2014, 01:11 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Just for fun:

[scribd]22253510[/scribd]Chemical and Biological Warfare in the US Civil War[/url]

Interesting link. You will note that most of the proposals were never used.

I have one person in my family tree who died in the Civil War, of measles.

Old 09-26-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Just for fun:

[scribd]22253510[/scribd]Chemical and Biological Warfare in the US Civil War[/url]

Typhoid.

My point that unsanitary conditions, unclean water, food shortages all lead to disease outbreaks stands.

Even over 2000 years ago they would seige cities and catapult diseased animals and bodies over the walls and whatnot.

List of epidemics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Epidemics have shown up since the dawn of man across cultures and around the globe.

The 1918 flu pandemic killed 75million people.

Basically, if you educate yourself and look around it's actually fairly normal and no boogieman needs to be created.

Lastly, ever notice how politicians and pundits use fear mongering and "outsiders" to control the people here in the US? Think that's unique to our country?

Old 09-26-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Interesting link. You will note that most of the proposals were never used.

I have one person in my family tree who died in the Civil War, of measles.
The process of safely canning food was developed after Napolean offered a cash reward for safely preserving food.

Wierd how just common sense and a knowledge of history explains how lots of people die when they have bad food, dirty water etc. I guess sitting here in the comforts of the US we don't quite grasp how others live. It's quite imaginative to have to result to conspiracy to explain something that has been occurring throughout the entire historical record.

I can at least understand how someone that is illiterate and living in the squalor of a Liberian slum picking trash for a living might be sucked into some fanciful explanation. Imagine standing around in trash and feces with bare feet and eating bush meat while living in a subtropical environment...the gutter in the street is used as the sewer....huh, how could any disease outbreaks possibly occur?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies