Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 10:10 AM

35,091 posts, read 31,339,345 times

Advertisements

Remind me again - why are we sending our personnel to help this ungrateful bunch?

Liberia’s Largest Newspaper Accuses US of Manufacturing Ebola Virus (Video) | The Gateway Pundit

Old 09-25-2014, 10:16 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,651 times
Because it will cost us a lot more if Ebola spreads here.

Perhaps instead of whining about this, you can complain about the religious right because the cause of the massive overpopulation in that continent. By 2050, they'll have 40% of the global population. See how much more of a problem it will be then.

Bush birth control policies helped fuel Africa's baby boom | World | McClatchy DC

"At age 45, after giving birth to 13 children in her village of thatch roofs and bare feet, Beatrice Adongo made a discovery that startled her: birth control."

"Bush's mammoth global anti-AIDS initiative, the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, poured billions of dollars into Africa but prohibited groups from spending any of it on family planning services or counseling programs, whose budgets flat-lined."

You don't have the whining fake conservatives around here bringing it up though.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:24 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,459,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Perhaps instead of whining about this, you can complain about the religious right because the cause of the massive overpopulation in that continent. By 2050, they'll have 40% of the global population. See how much more of a problem it will be then.
As long as they continue to eat bats that are carrying ebola and monkeys that carry AIDS, we don't need to worry about overpopulation.

And why in the world would it be the U.S.'s job to provide them with birth control? They don't have countries there? Governments? People with basic intelligence? Personal responsibility?

Old 09-25-2014, 10:39 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
These people have every right to be suspicious. In current news, a significant number of young girls fell ill with a mysterious illness after receiving gardisil injections in Columbia. Up to 36 babies died after being injected with a measles vaccine in Syria. These are just the most recent stories and nothing new. My point being that people in third world countries have every reason to be suspicious of the true intentions of Western medical campaigns carried out in their countries. What if the article is correct? The US government own the patent to the Ebola virus. Patent CA2741523A1 - Human ebola virus species and compositions and methods thereof - Google Patents

Old 09-25-2014, 11:48 AM

37,120 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
These people have every right to be suspicious. In current news, a significant number of young girls fell ill with a mysterious illness after receiving gardisil injections in Columbia. Up to 36 babies died after being injected with a measles vaccine in Syria. These are just the most recent stories and nothing new. My point being that people in third world countries have every reason to be suspicious of the true intentions of Western medical campaigns carried out in their countries. What if the article is correct? The US government own the patent to the Ebola virus. Patent CA2741523A1 - Human ebola virus species and compositions and methods thereof - Google Patents

"Mystery illness"? From which all recovered and no connection to the vaccine was identified? How many were vaccinated and did not come down with the "mystery illness"?

In Syria, the incident was not due to the measles vaccine itself. The children were given a potent muscle relaxant instead of the vaccine. There is a question whether it was an accidental mix-up due to similar packaging or actual sabotage.

The patent you refer to is not for some nefarious purpose. It is related to detection and treatment of the Ebola Bundibugyo virus, which is not even the virus associated with the current outbreak.

Did you even read your link? Understand it?

Your conspiracy theory fails.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"Mystery illness"? From which all recovered and no connection to the vaccine was identified? How many were vaccinated and did not come down with the "mystery illness"?

In Syria, the incident was not due to the measles vaccine itself. The children were given a potent muscle relaxant instead of the vaccine. There is a question whether it was an accidental mix-up due to similar packaging or actual sabotage.

The patent you refer to is not for some nefarious purpose. It is related to detection and treatment of the Ebola Bundibugyo virus, which is not even the virus associated with the current outbreak.

Did you even read your link? Understand it?

Your conspiracy theory fails.
Yes, a mystery illness. All of the girls afflicted in Columbia had recently gotten the vaccine. In Syria a medical error caused the deaths of babies and toddlers in Syria during a vaccination campaign. Both of these incidents are examples of why people in third world countries have reason to distrust medical interventions in their countries.

Yes, I read my link. I understand it.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:16 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Not sure about their claim, but the CDC does have a patent on an ebola virus.

I assume they did not create this, but maybe harvested ebola from Africa and are trying variations to find a cure and profit from it.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:21 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,409,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not sure about their claim, but the CDC does have a patent on an ebola virus.

I assume they did not create this, but maybe harvested ebola from Africa and are trying variations to find a cure and profit from it.
That's more refreshing to hear than the biological weapon that is AIDS.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:29 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
That's more refreshing to hear than the biological weapon that is AIDS.
I also assume that's why they brought those Americans here... but it's also a risk in bringing the bad virus over here. I don't think it's a good risk. Send the prototypes over there to test - don't bring the virus here.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:45 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times
You can bet the USA has long ago weaponized Ebola (The scariest place in Utah is not Temple Square, it's Dugway ) so we certainly have the means. The US government has also previously demonstrated a willingness to murder huge numbers of innocent people under false pretexts to get what it wants (Iraq and WMDs).

Now Ebola rages across central Africa, where valuable natural resources are found (including important rare minerals used in batteries and other tech devices) and where China is making significant progress toward controlling them while we are not having much success. Beyond that, the richest men in the world (who ultimately own the politicians within government) openly pursue agendas of population control and regularly use Sub-Saharan Africa as an example of "the problem".

So there you go... the means, the will to do it and the potential reward are all present and accounted for.

Then when it finally hits the news in a big way, we suddenly pull a new wonder drug out of our a$$ that is apparently effective at treating the disease and a vaccine is on the way too.

Not saying that's what's actually going on but you'd have to be a fool to not be at least a little bit suspicious about how this event is playing out. I hope to be proven wrong but I suspect it's not a natural outbreak either.

Last edited by Chango; 09-25-2014 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies