Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2014, 03:26 PM

495 posts, read 684,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Not for nothing, but Islam actually doesn't come anywhere close to the body count that Christianity has racked up over the centuries. Up until about 3 or 4 centuries ago the Catholic Church, along with its supporters, was pretty intent on converting people by the sword.

Is Islam violent? Yep, but no more so than Christianity was a few hundred years ago.
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But Islam was violent from the start and it would take a time machine to figure out the body count of each religion. What matters most to me is now, 2014. Today Christianity doesn't hold a candle to Islam in the innocent body count.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:16 PM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordvader44 View Post
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But Islam was violent from the start and it would take a time machine to figure out the body count of each religion. What matters most to me is now, 2014. Today Christianity doesn't hold a candle to Islam in the innocent body count.
Precisely!

We aren't discussing the beheading to gain an insight into history to decide which religion was the bloodiest.
We are discussing the beheading as it affects our lives here and today.
And in 2014, there isn't another religion, anywhere in this world, whose atrocities can be compared to Islam.

Old 09-27-2014, 04:57 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
So ..... has anyone else noticed that the Leftists are both anti-Christian in this thread AND apologists for the extremists/Terrorist Muslim that do Head-Choppings? I understand why, but wonder if others understand why they are doing this.

Nolen's Facebook account had pictures/videos of BeHeadings, of Islamic Warriors, pictures of empty graves - and yet our fabled NSA somehow missed all this, just as they did with the Boston Bombers. I'm pretty sure that pretending that this is nothing but "work place violence" is not going to fly. I think all of know somebody at some point in our lives that lost their job ...... cutting off a former co-workers Head is not exactly "normal".

Old 09-27-2014, 05:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
Precisely!

We aren't discussing the beheading to gain an insight into history to decide which religion was the bloodiest.
We are discussing the beheading as it affects our lives here and today.
And in 2014, there isn't another religion, anywhere in this world, whose atrocities can be compared to Islam.

I agree with you. Lets not have a debate about which religion was the bloodiest. Lets not discuss past problems.

Lets talk about our problems as they relate to us here and now in 2014 this is what we should be concern about.

On a news channel today I heard that one of the terrorists made a remark about seeing you in N.Y. just getting in from a funeral, so do not know too much more.

I know many Christians who are not extreme, but loving caring compassionate, and will help anyone who needs help when ever where ever. Not a one are violent, or the ones I do know, never judge a soul which I like.

We have to make sure here and now the cancer does not spread, for the sake of our children, and our grandchildren. We are not discussing beheadings for the heck of it. But because in our lives today now in 2014 this is a real problem that does impact our life. And is real. We do not want this cancer to spread, so with your next vote, in 2016 please vote wisely. Our next President cannot afford to be wishy washy, and indecisive. We need a strong decisive leader. Who will be straight up with us no matter what, no BS no scandals No blaming other people for your own mistakes, just the damn truth.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:08 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
It seems like the guy stabbed her so hard in just the right place - her neck - that it also beheaded her.

I am thinking this is more of a stabbing than a beheading because i relate a beheading with a sword.

But you better believe that - even though there are some muslims that choose to be moderate - for now - Islam IS A RELIGION OF VIOLENCE AND JIHAD. And those that practice such violence ARE actually obeying the Quoran, which tells Muslims to kill the infidels.
Christians who are violent must necessarily ignore the words of Christ. And, yes, there are many who do.

Muslims who are non-violent must necessarily ignore the words of Muhammad. And yes, there are many who do.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
It is quite revealing that you chose to ignore the historical fact that Mohammad had slaves.

Moving forward, I am sure you knew that “The Saudi monarchy bans blacks from many jobs including diplomats,
judges, security officers, ministers, mayors, senior clerics, and heads of government departments.
The Saudi Foreign Ministry bans blacks from all diplomatic positions.
That’s why none of you have met a Saudi black diplomat before.”

Were you planning to move to Saudia and work as a reporter or as a school principal?

"The monarchy bans black women from appearing on television or working as on camera reporters, and from many low-level jobs such including school principal,” the institute said.
“There is not one single black school principal in Saudi Arabia.”

Saudi-kings-promotes-racist-policy-against-nations-blacks/
When we were sending troops to Saudi Arabia in the 90s, at one point a black female staff sergeant who worked for me was there TDY. A Saudi prince visited the unit, and they stuffed her into a closet to prevent him from seeing her when he walked through. I'm not sure if it was because she was female or black.

But when she emailed me about it, I was plenty papa-oscared. I sent a memo to our boss--a female 2-star--and she corkscrewed right into the ceiling. Her message back to that commander was wrapped around a lit stick of dynamite.

I've been to a number of Third World countries in which the environments sucked, but I could admit that the people were okay once you got to know them. Saudis...naw. Being associated with the Saudis degrades us. Pretty much any troop who has been there will tell you that. Hell, practically any other Muslim will tell you that.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
scary to think how many are like this one??
look how many right here are spinning their asses off the try and protect this monster!!
the wh has told us several who left here to go fight with ISIS are back in the US
unbelievable!!!
but they tell us not to worry because the FBI are WATCHING them!!!!
I'll bet money the mosque he was attending is backed by Saudi Wahabis and the teaching to new converts is Wahabism. The long-time or born Muslims may not pay much attention to the radicalism, or it may be brought out in the new convert education and not in the regular Friday messages. But I'll bet there is Saudi money supporting that mosque. They for sure aren't Sufis.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
This just came out less than a week ago.
FBI, DHS Go Full Scaremonger: Warn Police Of Airstrike-Inspired "Homegrown Extremists" & "Disgruntled Employee" Threats

Thread related to the quote.
Mapping The Militarization Of America's Police Force Since 2006

quote:
While careful to note 'no specific threats' have been found, it appears the FBI and DHS have decided it's time to show why local police departments needed to be fully militarized after all.
In the first bulletin, according to Bloomberg, US security officials warned federal and local police to watch for “homegrown violent extremists” who may be motivated to attack by airstrikes in Syria.
In the second bulletin, the FBI and DHS assess that disgruntled and former employees pose a significant threat to US businesses due to their authorized access to sensitive information and the networks businesses rely on (no doubt inspired by today's dreadful occurrences at UPS in Birmingham).
Umm, no, that does not speak to the need for local police departments to have heavy military weaponry.

That speaks to them paying more attention to radicalized inmates paroled out of prison, which is the biggest potential source of homegrown terrorists (as opposed to terrorist wannabes).

Disgruntled employees we've had for years. The phrase "going postal" didn't come from nowhere, after all.

Old 09-27-2014, 05:32 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
So ..... has anyone else noticed that the Leftists are both anti-Christian in this thread AND apologists for the extremists/Terrorist Muslim that do Head-Choppings? I understand why, but wonder if others understand why they are doing this.

Nolen's Facebook account had pictures/videos of BeHeadings, of Islamic Warriors, pictures of empty graves - and yet our fabled NSA somehow missed all this, just as they did with the Boston Bombers. I'm pretty sure that pretending that this is nothing but "work place violence" is not going to fly. I think all of know somebody at some point in our lives that lost their job ...... cutting off a former co-workers Head is not exactly "normal".

you nailed it~~
this time people are alert and are not going to stand for this to be swept aside
Obama will get an ear full if along comes another one and I am afraid it will
and shortly
we are sitting rucks to car bombings and a whole lot of other nasty things these shi& heads are capable of
no telling how many more are here and ready and what the hell are we supposed to do??
I have a grandson I am worried about
and a president who thinks climate chance is our big worry!!!
He has reduced our military down to squat and just slide yet another one of his ORDERS letting illegals in the military!!

Old 09-27-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
He has reduced our military down to squat
No, he hasn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies