Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 02:54 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LoL
Watermellon? Watermellon? Racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2014, 02:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Here's some historical perspective on white house intrusions:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/01/us...alez.html?_r=0

Old 10-01-2014, 03:01 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times
Affirmative action in hiring backfires again. The bimbo is out. Remember that in 2016.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Pierson said she is responsible for briefing the President whenever there is a serious breach of his or his family's security. When asked how many times she briefed the President in 2014 she answered once (the WH intruder). Just hours after that answer the media broke the armed man in the elevator story. She lied. I suspect more incidents will be uncovered.

Thankfully she's out and this is the wake-up call to better protect the President - but we will still get right wing complaints and whining about traffic tie-ups or extra security at graduations or other events attended by the President.
I suspect she did not know.

People have a tendency to CYA and blindside their bosses in public office as well as the private sector.

There's likely a cancer within the SS organization called " failure to imagine".

Old 10-01-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Affirmative action in hiring backfires again. The bimbo is out. Remember that in 2016.
Funny you connect the most recent breaches with affirmative action.

Her predecessor, Mark Sullivan, ( 2006-2013) a male, was in charge during the Columbia prostitution scandal, the shooting at white house windows and the uninvited dinner guests ordeal.

More historical breach of security blunders:
The 7 Weirdest White House Security Breaches -- NYMag

Old 10-01-2014, 03:24 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Let's hope a President or his family doesn't have to give their lives in the cause of political correctness.

What an embarrassment.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:30 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,035,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Funny you connect the most recent breaches with affirmative action.

Her predecessor, Mark Sullivan, ( 2006-2013) a male, was in charge during the Columbia prostitution scandal, the shooting at white house windows and the uninvited dinner guests ordeal.

More historical breach of security blunders:
The 7 Weirdest White House Security Breaches -- NYMag
Yeah, it's not just Ms. Pierson. As you noted above, it doesn't sound like her predecessor was any better!

Old 10-01-2014, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
Yeah, it's not just Ms. Pierson. As you noted above, it doesn't sound like her predecessor was any better!
The theme of the SS 2013 Annual Report was " Worthy of Trust and Confidence".

Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
I think a lot of section chiefs and shift commanders are going to have to go bore the Secret Service changes this rotten situation. Obviously, losing the director of the service isn't helping.

I think putting more Marines to use patrolling the grounds and guarding the entrances would help.

I have a friend who was a jarhead who was assigned Embassy duty, and he said those guys are drilled harder than the rest of the Corps on spotting potential danger, and their petty officers are extremely tough on them. Those who fail once go back to the fleet before sundown.
He served back in the 80s, a time of relative peace, in a peaceful nation, but he said the Marines stopped a couple of crazies who tried exactly what happened at the White House during his tour. He was involved in one of the captures.

That kind of discipline is what the Secret Service is in dire need of right now. I wouldn't mind seeing a Marine officer put in charge of the Secret Service for a while at all. Situational awareness is engrained into the Corps, and they all swore an oath to defend and obey our Commander in Chief. Those dress blues are more than just a uniform.

Old 10-01-2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I think a lot of section chiefs and shift commanders are going to have to go bore the Secret Service changes this rotten situation. Obviously, losing the director of the service isn't helping.

I think putting more Marines to use patrolling the grounds and guarding the entrances would help.

I have a friend who was a jarhead who was assigned Embassy duty, and he said those guys are drilled harder than the rest of the Corps on spotting potential danger, and their petty officers are extremely tough on them. Those who fail once go back to the fleet before sundown.
He served back in the 80s, a time of relative peace, in a peaceful nation, but he said the Marines stopped a couple of crazies who tried exactly what happened at the White House during his tour. He was involved in one of the captures.

That kind of discipline is what the Secret Service is in dire need of right now. I wouldn't mind seeing a Marine officer put in charge of the Secret Service for a while at all. Situational awareness is engrained into the Corps, and they all swore an oath to defend and obey our Commander in Chief. Those dress blues are more than just a uniform.
I like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies