Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you trust the US. Federal Government?
Yes, we need them to maintain freedom and liberty. 14 15.56%
No, They have not been honest with We The People, limiting our freedom to choose, taking liberty. 76 84.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 07:46 PM

52,691 posts, read 47,963,336 times

Advertisements

Nobody can trust this government right now.

Nobody.

Fire all of them, for all I care, beginning with Obama. Put some conservatives in there, reduce the government's woefully bloated size, and let's have real leadership for a change!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 08:10 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

Nobody.

Fire all of them, for all I care, beginning with Obama. Put some conservatives in there, reduce the government's woefully bloated size, and let's have real leadership for a change!
What conservatives would you be putting in. If your seriously suggesting that conservatives are across the board more trust worthy than liberals (speaking about politicians obviously), you're going to be thoroughly disappointed. All politicians are equally trash. Even if you find a few good ones, they don't hold office for long. Don't trust them no matter what party they're in. This is a problem I see with conservatives a lot. They accuse the liberal crowd of being too trusting of government, yet think everything can be solved by trusting a government run by their favorite party. It's a silly double standard.

Old 10-07-2014, 10:02 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Thread Title says it all.

Do you trust the US. Federal Government?
The email-losing IRS, government who thought Benghazi was because of a video, the government that said if you like your healthcare insurance you can keep your healthcare insure, who said our insurance premiums will go down, the government of no strategy on ISIS, of border mayhem.

Answer:
When government says I'm here to help it's time to HIDE YOUR WALLET!

Old 10-08-2014, 07:50 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post

Nobody.

As Dusty said"what conservative would you put in there?"

I really do not see ANYONE that is currently in politics that could be considered a true conservative as in the Barry Goldwater style.

We are in bad trouble politically boys and girls...you have the the proof in the past two Presidents that neither "side" has the answer...Bush blew money like it was free,Obama does the same...Bush ripped through civil rights and rights to privacy like there was no constitution,Obama is a carbon copy...Bush lied continually and used "skewed" or cooked intell to do as he pleased,Obama is doing exactly the same thing...Bush did nothing to get rid of the parasite illegal aliens,Obama shakes their hand at the border.

I am old enough now,getting broke down with age and injuries incurred on jobs and from stupidity,don't owe anyone anything and really do not give a crap when you boil it all away,but I have kids that I do care about and they are the ones that I am scared for in the coming years in America..were it not for them I would sell everything I own,buy a live aboard boat and moon this country as I. Headed south out of the Keys.

Last edited by Swampmonster; 10-08-2014 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: posting from a stupid Android and i am a poor operator of it as well.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
As Dusty said"what conservative would you put in there?"

I really do not see ANYONE that is currently in politics that could be considered a true conservative as in the Barry Goldwater style.

We are in bad trouble politically boys and girls...you have the the proof in the past two Presidents that niether "side" has the answer...Bush blew money like it was free,Obama does the same...Bush ripped through civil rights and rights to privacy like there was no constitution,Obama is a carbon copy...Bush lied continually and used "skewed" or cooked intell to do as he pleased,Obama is doing exactly the same thing...Bush did nothing to get rid of the parasite illegal aliens,Obama shakes their hand at the border.

I am old enough now,getting broke down with age and injuries incurred on jobs and from stupidity,don't owe anyone anything and really do not give a crap when you boil it all away,but I have kids that I do care about and they are the ones that I am scared for in the coming years in America..were it not for them I would sell everything I own,buy a live aboard boat and moon this country as I. Headed south out of the Keys.
^^^^^This.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:53 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Federal Gov't is so large and composed of many types of personnel that it really is a stupid question to ask if I trust or otherwise something so complex.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:15 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
So you had only one choice in which computer you were buying? Pure democratic tunnel vision.
In a monopoly you would have no choice. The guy on top produces your computer and all its parts. Any competition gets bought.

We went through the monopoly experiment already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
If you trust Fedgov.....you are either an ideologue who buys into the koolaid of one of the corrupt and insane parties, or you are dumber than me, or you are a combo of both.
Even bleeding heart liberals have more common sense than the right wing extremists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Poll numbers say 19% trust the Govt, while 81% don't. You wouldn't know it if you just read the comments.

Strikingly similar to our domestic politics -- where those 20% liberal loudmouths run the Govt and its agenda.
Everyone is somewhat liberal in America... they just don't willingly identify as such.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
We don't have a democracy thank God. Democracy is a disgusting form of government, might does not make right. And the majority initiating force upon the minority is only moral to gangs and the thugs it has as members.

People live under the Aggressive State as a chance of birth. The Federal Occupying Force decreed by fiat, the 14th, that persons born upon this soil are automatically demoted to citizens and subjects. Anyway, the "bill of rights" only applies to persons and the people, not "citizens" or "subjects".
You're right.

To hell with Democracy. We'd all be happier in a dictatorship.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:22 PM

Quote:
When they don't control the Senate or White House, yes.
Nope. Feel free to cite your findings.

Quote:
The government is not interested in money as a profit. They profit by increasing their power over everything. Monry means nothing to them. Witness the ever increasing of printing money and putting us further in debt.

Got it?
Right... the government's sole purpose is to get power.

That is one step shy of pure insanity.

Quote:
Which is it? The government creates the problem or it does not. You have stated both. Getting dizzy from your spinning?
Nope. The government is not some evil entity. The government is an extension of the citizens. If you vote for representatives that support corporations over citizens, the government will favor corporations over citizens. It isn't difficult to grasp.

Quote:
It profits as by increasing its power (illegally) and produces pain, debt and choas.
And what is the end result of this power?

Old 10-08-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
So, you're officially declaring Obama a puppet then I see.
All presidents are puppets. The president is not some all-powerful figure. He is simply the leader of an expansive government with many moving parts and branches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
But, I only have one vote. I am a one-vote person, according to the U.S. Supreme Court.

How can I compete with the billions of dollar-votes coming from Corporation persons?
Stop voting for politicians that are elected by anonymous "think tanks" backed by billionaire donors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Clue for you: limiting campaign contributions is another example of the federal government attempting to limit freedom.

For someone who claims to be a libertarian, you have a very strange set of values. I think you need to re-evaluate your position as a libertarian because in my entire time on this forum every single opinion I've ever seen you voice has been straight out statist big government.
No, limiting campaign contributions protects people like you from getting your rights bought.

When money buys politicians, it influences public policy. If corporations are speech, they become entities with which can violate the affairs of citizens outside of their residency. It is through my corporation I now get a vote in New York, Illinois, California, and Texas... rather than just the city, state in which I live. Meanwhile, the common man in any one of those places has to compete with my vote. You don't see the problem with that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies