Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 04:38 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Since when? If you're going to say Since Real ID, states are free to issue voter ID without BC. That ID is insufficient to board a plane. but it will get you into the voting booth.
Yes, we've gone over this before. That's exactly what PA implemented. The voting only ID was eve good for ten years....

Quote:
Does Real ID require BC at each renewal of ID? That's what tripped me up; I had to pay for BC in order to get initial ID and then had to pay again for BC in order to renew my ID.
I've never had to provide a BC to renew my license.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 04:41 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Hi,
I am an Obamabot and live in a city.

I support Photo IDs for buying guns. It is common sense that it helps show who it is getting the back ground check and buying the gun.
....and if that city is NYC you can apply for a pistol permit that has a $450 non refundable fee and can be denied for any reason. Hence the reason only the rich and politically connected have pistol permits.

Old 10-09-2014, 04:42 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Yes, we've gone over this before. That's exactly what PA implemented. The voting only ID was eve good for ten years....

I've never had to provide a BC to renew my license.

I have no problem with the PA law; opponents appear to have some sort of derangement syndrome.

Oregon requires BC in order to renew DL. Every. Single. Time.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:00 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You have a solution with no problem. And you could probably get bipartisan support with the NV Approach...but you won't go there because it would not disenfranchise Democrats.

Simple as that.

And of course you want people not to vote. That is the whole drive behind all this...If not propose the NV plan which would not get big resistance and does get everyone a Photo ID.

You really think the Democrats are dependent on fraudulent non photo ID voters? Then why can't you find a few dozen places where it occurred?
Now you are speaking nonsense. I want every American to be informed and vote their mind. I think I have said this very clearly. The Process and solution I have and others have outlined. Which you are clearly interested in fraud a election for political gain.

I have and others on this thread, have outlined the process from soap to nuts here. The State DMV do a very good process on signing up to vote, obtaining a DL. Federal and State law mandates that the maintaining of these ID are required like a change of address. Basically citizen responsibility to comply. That's what the DMV does and they do it well. The process is mandated and monitored by Federal, State Law and the Stated Election Board. It is clear and if anyone is investigated and will prosecuted this is a Federal Offence. As some of your Dem;s have found out. 19 counts wow!

Where is your moral outrage? Checked out I think!

Is there other options like having a DL with finger prints and or having a second form 3rd form (the second being your Voter card). These options are being consider by most states to minimize election fraud. Yes Will there be intent to commit fraud , of course. (the 1%)

Anther hard fact that you choose to over look the process because of your intent to promote fraud. Most people have a photo ID of some form. Its called a DL, Pass Port, Official State ID( if you do not drive), Military ID. Most people are honest, we are speaking toward Americans in General, all political parties and people in general. We use photo ID from your work, to shopping, important verification of legal doc. (notary).
The problem is the 1% percent that thinks they are smarter than the system and its the 1 % end in Federal Prison.

Your Premise is all about protecting the DNC from a tremendous defeat.

Last edited by GHOSTRIDER AZ; 10-09-2014 at 05:10 AM..

Old 10-09-2014, 06:42 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
I have no problem with the PA law; opponents appear to have some sort of derangement syndrome.

Oregon requires BC in order to renew DL. Every. Single. Time.
So how did you get one in the first place? Do they require one to renew, but not to get one? Why did you have to pay for your BC to renew? Shouldn't you have a BC from when you first got your license?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:13 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I wouldn't call it a boogieman when you have a single small county in Florida where 100 people were found to have fraudulent registrations with some of them voting simply by comparing voting rolls to jury forms.
The ones found in Florida all had Photo ID. They were in general non-citizens with drivers licenses.

None of you have been able to produce any significant fraudulent voting without a photo ID. So you appear to be solving a non problem.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Now you are speaking nonsense. I want every American to be informed and vote their mind. I think I have said this very clearly. The Process and solution I have and others have outlined. Which you are clearly interested in fraud a election for political gain.

I have and others on this thread, have outlined the process from soap to nuts here. The State DMV do a very good process on signing up to vote, obtaining a DL. Federal and State law mandates that the maintaining of these ID are required like a change of address. Basically citizen responsibility to comply. That's what the DMV does and they do it well. The process is mandated and monitored by Federal, State Law and the Stated Election Board. It is clear and if anyone is investigated and will prosecuted this is a Federal Offence. As some of your Dem;s have found out. 19 counts wow!

Is there other options like having a DL with finger prints and or having a second form 3rd form (the second being your Voter card). These options are being consider by most states to minimize election fraud. Yes Will there be intent to commit fraud , of course. (the 1%)

Anther hard fact that you choose to over look the process because of your intent to promote fraud. Most people have a photo ID of some form. Its called a DL, Pass Port, Official State ID( if you do not drive), Military ID. Most people are honest, we are speaking toward Americans in General, all political parties and people in general. We use photo ID from your work, to shopping, important verification of legal doc. (notary).
The problem is the 1% percent that thinks they are smarter than the system and its the 1 % end in Federal Prison.

You are in the happy position of living in a state where DL is valid until your 65th birthday, and thus does not need to be renewed until then. What if mine expires every eight years and I can't afford the $63 I need to renew it?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:22 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Now you are speaking nonsense. I want every American to be informed and vote their mind. I think I have said this very clearly. The Process and solution I have and others have outlined. Which you are clearly interested in fraud a election for political gain
What's nonsense is outlining a process to fix a non problem. First you define the problem...which you obviously cannot. So you are fixing something that is not broken.

Quote:

You folk seem to feel that defining the solution is somehow a fix to a non existent problem. The issue is not the existence of a solution it is that the problem does not exist.

But even given that the problem does not exist there is a solution that causes no problem put forth by the Secretary of State in Nevada. But that gets turned down because it requires equipment that would also make the process much more fraud resistant.

So what you are really driving is a set of solutions to a non existent problem which will cause maximum pain to a part of the population with the intent of depriving them of the vote.

Old 10-09-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So how did you get one in the first place? Do they require one to renew, but not to get one? Why did you have to pay for your BC to renew? Shouldn't you have a BC from when you first got your license?

I paid for one BC in the beginning and paid for BC again because a previous landlord threw it out. But why should I have needed it in order to renew?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:51 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
I paid for one BC in the beginning and paid for BC again because a previous landlord threw it out. But why should I have needed it in order to renew?
Then why can't you be intellectually honest? You didn't pay that amount because it "costs" that much. You paid that amount because of something you did. I've never been in a position that anyone has access to my BC to throw it away. Face it - it's because of your lifestyle that you paid that cost.

And you "need it" because it's the law. If I knew that I needed a BC to renew my license, I'd make danged sure I hung on to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies