Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 09:41 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,180,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Two sentences will support your claim?

Provide evidence to back that up.
Like ISIS, Conservatives fear change. They want things to stay the same.

Like ISIS,Religion is the center-point of their lives.

Like ISIS, they seek to force other people to support their beliefs

Like ISIS, they don't support equality.

That's the funniest part. The Cons that want to keep fighting these people are just like them in many ways.
It's just like when the dumbest kids in school always fight each-other. It's all they know.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:48 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
[youtube]
=9EtuPJ0H-Fc[youtube]

We are so screwed........... Liberalism has destroyed our youth...........
Then move to Iraq.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:59 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,588,010 times
Default Havard Students thing America Worse than ISIS

I have to agree. United Sates has created ISIS. The Anglo Saxon power elite (i. e. City of London and Wallstreet) are plundering this worlds wealth and ressources and leading this Globe to the Gates of Hell.

However I'm fairly certain that this won't go on forever. BRICS certainly is going to cut the Anglo Saxon power elites down the size (and the countries they use as tools (Great Britain and USA) with them).

A well balanced multi-polar planet will leed humanity into a better future.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:45 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yup. They also asked about WORLD peace. ISIS is a regional issue and we are on every continent. We can blow up the world many times over -- ISIS cannot.
Yet we don't and ISIS would.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:52 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
OMFG, you guys don't get it!!! This is not a question of ISIS or the USA being better than the other. It is a question of which one is more of a threat to world peace. Since the USA has the largest military in the world and is literally able to blow up our planet several times then one can conclude that the most powerful nation in the world is the biggest threat or potential threat. Nobody is saying our country is going, wants to, intends or plans to do this. It could. ISIS could not. I don't know or care if ISIS wants to blow up the world. They cannot and they will never be able to.

FYI, not all conservatives are uneducated dolts as many of you are unknowingly claiming. I am no conservative but, again, come on...

Old 10-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The Islamic world is perfectly capable of destabilization without help from America:
10 Conflicts to Watch in 2013

The list of the top world conflicts reads like a who's who of Islam.

What were the 'false pretenses' under which we invaded Iraq? There were none. How many times do I have to post this? Get it through your head: there were no lies about WMD.
Yale prof confirms what all should have known: Bush did not lie about WMD.
And how many times do i have to post this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M-ClS5uwNo

President Bush himself disagrees with you.

Old 10-09-2014, 01:57 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
I do not take this seriously, and even then so what?

Old 10-09-2014, 04:09 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
When asked who is the bigger threat, it's better to be more concerned with ability than desire. ISIS might WANT to destroy the world, but they are not able to. The US COULD destroy the world, but they/we don't want to. Here's the the thing; if the US had change of heart and wanted to destroy the world (not saying it will happen), it could. Whereas ISIS, of they decided they didn't want to destroy the world, the fate of the world remain entirely unchanged.

This is not a question of ethics, but ability.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:15 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
When asked who is the bigger threat, it's better to be more concerned with ability than desire. ISIS might WANT to destroy the world, but they are not able to. The US COULD destroy the world, but they/we don't want to. Here's the the thing; if the US had change of heart and wanted to destroy the world (not saying it will happen), it could. Whereas ISIS, of they decided they didn't want to destroy the world, the fate of the world remain entirely unchanged.

This is not a question of ethics, but ability.
A threat is comprised of ability and intent. Being big does not necessarily make you a threat. Intent does not necessarily make you a threat. If you are big enough to cause damage and have intent, you are a bigger threat than someone bigger with no intent. Yes, the US could have a change of heart but the question was about current times. If you want to consider all possibilities, you would have to consider if ISIS became much bigger and got more powerful weapons.

Old 10-10-2014, 07:21 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
As much as I’d like to be angry at the ignorance of these kids… How much can you really blame them? They have been brainwashed by the progressive education system their whole lives. That’s tough to undo, even if they eventually develop critical thinking skills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.