Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:09 AM

1,330 posts, read 5,098,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney View Post
I hate it when people say "but (fill in the blank) said/did something far worse" but I feel I have to do that... When Rush Limbaugh made his remarks they were played over and over.....does the "Kerry treatment" apply to him? It was a mistaken delivery???
Yes it was mistaken delivery, he left the "us" out of the sentence. Did you not see the look of horror on the faces of the people (advisors?) standing behind him??

That said, he has apologized..

Now how many times has "W" bunked speeches or sounded like a horse's ass???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 11:20 AM

105 posts, read 147,632 times
The sad thing is Kerry was correct. The military on average are way less educated and they are the ones who need jobs and go to war- while richer kids who can get into and afford college go there!

All these people in the military do great things for Bush's unemployment figures, imagine if there was no war. I wont imagine that however but I do notice Cheney's Hallburton stock has literally quadrupled over the past few years.

Old 11-02-2006, 11:25 AM

311 posts, read 618,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Yes it was mistaken delivery, he left the "us" out of the sentence. Did you not see the look of horror on the faces of the people (advisors?) standing behind him??

That said, he has apologized..

Now how many times has "W" bunked speeches or sounded like a horse's ass???
I never saw him apologize, just read a statement he (or his speech writer) had published.

Sure, Bush has made mistakes, no doubt about it, but as far as "How many times" that you questioned: I have no idea, but if I watched ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC I'm sure I could tell you since they probably have the tally.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,477,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
Yes.

The reason there is a text is they are released to the media ahead of time. The media that was present had the text ahead of time and knew what he was supposed to say. It's instructive that someone like Limbaugh chose to make it into a bigger deal than it was -- he would ignore the facts if they ran counter to his purpose.

As for the poster who said he did his research by hearing the quote 25 times (I forget who it was), it was a recording -- how many times did you have to hear it? It still doesn;t change the fact that it was a mistaken delivery from what he originally intended to say. That's the simple fact yhou can't seem to grasp.

What do you want us to do if he's not smart enough to read a sentence properly. He was running for President? We dodged a bullet then.

I still don't get the joke. The joke is on you the gullable or are you blinded by your hatred for Bush you will defend a dope like that.. he meant what he said. He apologized because we didn;t understand it.

Sorry you guys can't see it. That's why it's important to be informed before you vote. Who voted for that guy? Let's take a survey.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:10 PM

628 posts, read 696,526 times
I think the whole incident has been blown out of proportion. I have messed a joke many times--It just did not come out the way I wanted the joke to come out... If Kerry said Bush was not the best student in college now--So what! Bush is not the most Articulate person in the world. Bush is still our President I respect him for that... I personally think the Republicans were looking for something to latch on to before next Tuesday---They have messed up Big Time!! May the Best person win next week! I do not think KERRY is fool to call the people who are fighting WAR uneducated. We all make errors, take a chill pill and calm down everyone.
These Fonts are my words and I stand by what I have written...

!! Please look @ HBO tonight see how the voting machine works and does work@ 9:00 EST.

PS-Chill pill and calm down I hope are in good taste. Mr. Moderators I meant no harm...I see you run a tight shift here...My Girl Scout Honor I will not break the CODE OF CONDUCT RULES.....

Last edited by MegaJoy; 11-02-2006 at 01:28 PM.. Reason: spell check!

Old 11-02-2006, 02:13 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,477,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post
I think the whole incident has been blown out of proportion. I have messed a joke many times--It just did not come out the way I wanted the joke to come out... If Kerry said Bush was not the best student in college now--So what! Bush is not the most Articulate person in the world. Bush is still our President I respect him for that... I personally think the Republicans were looking for something to latch on to before next Tuesday---They have messed up Big Time!! May the Best person win next week! I do not think KERRY is fool to call the people who are fighting WAR uneducated. We all make errors, take a chill pill and calm down everyone.
These Fonts are my words and I stand by what I have written...

!! Please look @ HBO tonight see how the voting machine works and does work@ 9:00 EST.

PS-Chill pill and calm down I hope are in good taste. Mr. Moderators I meant no harm...I see you run a tight shift here...My Girl Scout Honor I will not break the CODE OF CONDUCT RULES.....

Would you be so forgiving of a Republican? If not please don;t make a comment like that. Thank you

Old 11-02-2006, 03:35 PM

628 posts, read 696,526 times
Yes I would be forgiving of anyone who has made an honest mistake. When I see people, I do not see Democrats or Republicans I see people for who they are not the party they support...
As stated above Mr. Bush is our President and I respect him for his position. President Bush job is not easy. I like John McClain and Spector to name a few Republicans. I am not a Democrat---I am Independent!

**BTW--I am WOMAN! have you ever seen a female in America keep quite when asked? We are not in the 3RD world.
I am who I am----> W O M A N

**BTW=By the way

Last edited by MegaJoy; 11-02-2006 at 03:50 PM..

Old 11-02-2006, 03:38 PM

1,697 posts, read 3,485,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700 View Post
Would you be so forgiving of a Republican? If not please don;t make a comment like that. Thank you
How do you know that party affiliation mattered to the person to whom you responded? And who are you to tell anyone to not speak his or her mind?

Old 11-02-2006, 04:36 PM

311 posts, read 618,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaJoy View Post

**BTW--I am WOMAN! have you ever seen a female in America keep quite when asked? We are not in the 3RD world.
I am who I am----> W O M A N

**BTW=By the way
MJ, I am a woman also (and I know what BTW stands for )!! I don't think a1m1700 told you to be quiet (I think that is what you meant when you said quite), she said, and I quote, "please don't make a comment like that" end quote.

mb919,
I personally don't see where her comment was any more offensive than MJ's with the directive to take a "chill pill and calm down!"

Old 11-02-2006, 06:51 PM

454 posts, read 908,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish2026 View Post
The sad thing is Kerry was correct. The military on average are way less educated and they are the ones who need jobs and go to war- while richer kids who can get into and afford college go there!
That was proven wrong the day after Kerry stuck his silver foot past his gums. The education level of the troops is several percentage points higher than the average high school graduate.

So, as a proud American and one who knows folks over there, while I celebrate you right to say what you think, I am here to say you are as wrong as John Kerry. No need to apologize. John Kerry didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies