Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 10:43 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
same could be said of christianity.

Deuteronomy 17:1-5

“And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heavens, which I have not commanded. Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing and shalt stone them with stones, till they die”.
If Christians followed the OT than one could say what you have said. Christians happen to follow the US Constitution, not the Bible, Sharia Law can replace it.

1 John 2:1 says: "My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" The first portion of the verse says that the word of God is written with the purpose that his people should not commit sin. So, God’s people are to strive to live without sin. Luke 13:24 says: "Strive to enter in at the strait gate:"

The second portion of the verse says ‘if any man sin,’ which means that the rest of the people in this group do not commit sin. Jesus Christ is the advocate to those people in the group who sin despite striving not to. He is not the advocate of those Christians who do sin and do not strive not to. The laws Jesus will enforce at the final judgment are clear. Jesus will not be an attorney who looks for loopholes and tricks for you. He will be the Righteous Judge in the final judgment; he will not be your attorney.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:46 AM

13,973 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The biggest problem is getting to know the background of the person before they run. The "you are so handsome, I don't know what to say" that Presidents are now getting is disturbing.

Everyone has a religion, even if they admire their own thinking. We never know how strong until they have POWER over ALL the PEOPLE.
It's one of the few things in the Constitution most people agree on reflexively. Don't use the government podium to preach, and don't use the pulpit to campaign. I don't a politician getting religious any more than I want a priest getting political. Each stays in their won yard, leaves the other yard alone. Done.

If a politician wants my vote, I better have no freaking idea what their personal religious beliefs are, because if they made those beliefs my business, I already think them tyrant.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:55 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,815,007 times
Aside from any opposition to Islam, whether radically active or personally passive, that Islam uses barbaric means to administer justice excludes it from being suitable for life in a western culture.

However, the Muslim principle that 'It is okay to lie to achieve the goals of Islam' takes the practice beyond a political. It is a complete admission that although you may endorse a Muslim for his political values, you cannot trust that person. If Richard Nixon said he would lie to achieve his political goals then he never would have been elected. If people had listened to current Prezzy the rest would have been history.

Old 10-14-2014, 10:57 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
The biggest problem is getting to know the background of the person before they run. The "you are so handsome, I don't know what to say" that Presidents are now getting is disturbing.

Everyone has a religion, even if they admire their own thinking. We never know how strong until they have POWER over ALL the PEOPLE.
LOL, I asked a girl why she voted for Obama, her answer... I don't know, because he's cute. Yep

Old 10-14-2014, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temp43k View Post
Aside from any opposition to Islam, whether radically active or personally passive, that Islam uses barbaric means to administer justice excludes it from being suitable for life in a western culture.

However, the Muslim principle that 'It is okay to lie to achieve the goals of Islam' takes the practice beyond a political. It is a complete admission that although you may endorse a Muslim for his political values, you cannot trust that person. If Richard Nixon said he would lie to achieve his political goals then he never would have been elected. If people had listened to current Prezzy the rest would have been history.
the Muslim principle that 'It is okay to lie to achieve the goals of Islam'

Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Christians happen to follow the US Constitution, not the Bible, .....
that will come as a shock to all christians outside the US or those who were around before 1788.

you learn something new everyday.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Is a Muslim different than an Iman and would the Iman have to reveal that he is Iman?

Like this guy people could vote him in.....try to tell him he isn't the "real deal" and see how he answers you!

“This Sharia law business is crap. It’s just crazy. And I’m tired of dealing with the crazies.” ~ New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (supporter of NJ imam who is calling for sharia law in the U.S.)

Christie could win! I happen to listen to the leaders of Islam, not the lone wolves.
STOP, Take a Deep breath, now repeat the process, you seem to be suffering from a loss of oxygen to the brain. Let's us know when you are feeling better and both feet are firmly planted back on the ground.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
that will come as a shock to all christians outside the US or those who were around before 1788.

you learn something new everyday.
The constitution is based on Christian principles. Would you rather it be based on Islamic principles. Think of it this way, people from all over the world come to the US in hopes of a better life. People going to the middle east to fight.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:07 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and I like to hear from those liberals that would have voted for a muslim president, would you vote for a bible thumping president again like Bush?

What do you mean, again? Never voted for him in the first place.

Your question is disingenuous. All the presidential candidates I have voted for have been, at least in public, practicing christians. I'm an atheist, and disagree with christian theology as completely as I disagree with muslim theology. *Especially* the fundamentalist versions, which pretty much turn my stomach. I'll never vote for a scripture-thumper of any stripe. But I do live in the real world, so I am not opposed to voting for candidates who are personally religious as long as they support women's rights, are non-jihadists (and non-crusaders), and think that separation of church and state is a *good* thing. As I said in post #18 of this very thread.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:12 AM

26,580 posts, read 14,461,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The constitution is based on Christian principles.
the first amendment stands in direct conflict with the first commandment.

can you give an example of something from the US constitution that is based on an exclusive christian belief?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies