Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a Muslim President?
Yes (If they fit my political beliefs) 83 32.94%
No 161 63.89%
Not sure 8 3.17%
Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 05:15 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
it was your claim that christians follow the US constitution, not the bible.
Yes, Christians in America as the thread suggest.... having a slow day or what??

Old 10-14-2014, 05:20 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I understand your Opinion of Dems, I see both being pretty much the same. I highlighted the unfortunate truth your post above.
I see them both as wanting only for them and not for Americans. If you remember in post #233 I addressed Chris Christie, Republican by name only, he really is not a Republican. Post #241 you didn't agree with me either.....at least I got one agreement out of you.

I happen to like Joe Manchin, not all, but some.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:35 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Let's say it was Keith Ellison vs. Mike Huckabee. What reason would any Democrat have not to vote for Ellison?
I doubt it would ever come to that in our lifetimes, but if it ever did, people would just have to vote their conscience at that point in time.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:42 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
Deuteronomy 17:1-5

“And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heavens, which I have not commanded. Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing and shalt stone them with stones, till they die”.

the bible specifically states that people should be killed for something that is completely acceptable ( even supported ) under the US constitution. i'd say that's contradicting ideas.
We were discussing the 10 commandments; Deuteronomy 17:1 is not part thereof. There is much in the Bible that is nonsense in my view, but Judaism and Christianity have found ways to evolve away from the problematic verses in favor of the uplifting ones.

When was the last time you heard of Jews stoning people for worshipping the sun or moon? I haven't heard of that lately. When was the last time you heard of Muslims doing this? A few months ago, May 2014.
Pregnant Pakistani woman stoned to death by her family

Hold on, that's not the latest one; here's one from June 2014.
VIDEO: Devout Muslim Group Boko Haram Stones Young Girl to Death | Pamela Geller, Atlas Shrugs

I could probably find one from October 2014 if I set my mind to it.

Old 10-14-2014, 05:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
I would absolutely vote for a Muslim President if he or she were qualified.

I would vote for a person of color, a Muslim/Hindu/Athiest, or a woman before I would vote for an old white multi-millionaire conservative like the Grand Old Party keeps trotting out to represent the corporations of America.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:06 PM

11,269 posts, read 11,037,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

I would vote for a person of color, a Muslim/Hindu/Athiest, or a woman before I would vote for an old white multi-millionaire conservative like the Grand Old Party keeps trotting out to represent the corporations of America.
All the other possibilities you mentioned, aside from a Muslim, are perfectly acceptable to me.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:09 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I see them both as wanting only for them and not for Americans. If you remember in post #233 I addressed Chris Christie, Republican by name only, he really is not a Republican. Post #241 you didn't agree with me either.....at least I got one agreement out of you.

I happen to like Joe Manchin, not all, but some.
Hey we disagree and we agree, makes us Americans

Don't know much about him, a new face might be good, I will do more research and get back at ya on him, is he going to run?

Old 10-14-2014, 06:10 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,467,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Everyone was a christian back then. It's not that way today though. Sorry, but I think people are way smarter now and don't believe a higher entity exists. People today believe in themselves.
Only a bigot would say that "smart" people don't believe in God.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:19 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,467,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
According to right-wingers, Obama is Muslim and so far I haven't heard of Sharia Law being imposed in America nor has he destroyed our country unlike the previous Christian President tried to do. In fact the country is doing better now than it did under Bush. So apparently being a Muslim, according to right-wingers, is actually better for the country than being a Christian. Hmmmm.
According to -some- extremist right wingers Obama is a Muslim. You weaken your arguments when you use hasty generalizations.

The country doing better now than under Bush is not a "fact". It's your opinion.

It's you saying that the nation is better off now, not right wingers. By saying "according to right wingers" you are attributing your opinions to other people.

You really need to tighten up your thinking if you expect to make a valid point. Your post was nothing but fallacy and sloppy thinking.

Old 10-14-2014, 06:26 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,960,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

You are a bigot. If I said the same about a woman or a homosexual you would call me a bigot. You sir/lady are just as much a bigot as the ones you are constantly calling such. Next time you hear the word look in the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies