Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 10:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,721,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
A huge disruption? Please go ask the Dems for new talking points because that doesn't make any sense. About 100-150 passengers from the affected countries enter America daily, cancelling their visas will not cause a huge disruption.
It has been reported that about 100-150 people who have recently traveled in the infected zone enter the US, each day which is not the same thing as infected zone nationals carrying visas entering the US, each day.

How many of these people are US citizens, returning home after humanitarian aid trips, media jaunts and business trips? How many are citizens of other countries outside the infected zone? The US does not require visitors from most Europeans and some Asian countries to have a visa to enter the US. This has been so for decades. Last I heard, Ebola does not check passports when attaching to a host.

I have no objection to temporarily suspending all visas for nationals in the effected zone. If one believes the Liberian media, the US Embassy has unofficially been denying the visas, since some point in August.

Doing so would not prevent others, including US citizens potentially bringing Ebola into the US.
Doing so, would not prevent someone who perhaps unknowingly contracted Ebola in say Europe from subsequently entering the US, prior to being symptomatic.

Containment of Ebola is an international challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 10:13 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,433,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
No sure way to confirm or deny has been released.
I think you should self-quarantine, just to make sure your safe.

I mean. . .seriously . . if your that scared of jumping at shadows, its the only recourse.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:29 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
I think you should self-quarantine, just to make sure your safe.

I mean. . .seriously . . if your that scared of jumping at shadows, its the only recourse.
Incompetence is a killer disease.

So far, there is no known cure.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:30 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Ebola scare is over. There may be one or two additional cases from the fubar hospital in Dallas, but all current patients have been removed and are now being cared for my competent organizations. Republicans who have grabbed on to this issue are going to find it disappears by election day.
WHO says there could be a million cases in West Africa by the end of the year.

With no travel ban in effect, this is just starting.

Quiz: how many Liberian immigrants have moved to the US since 1990? What percentage of Liberia's population does that comprise? How many Liberians in the US have family still there?

Old 10-20-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Incompetence is a killer disease.

So far, there is no known cure.
Incompetence or malice?

Only your hare dresser knows for sure.

"In addition, USA government made sure that Liberia, a former colony of the USA, never became a party to the Biological Weapons Convention, so they were able to do bio – warfare work over there - going back to 1980’s - the USA government, in order to circumvent the Biological Weapons Convention. Likewise, Guinea the third state affected here - and there is an increase now – didn’t even sign the Biological Weapons Convention. So, it seems to me, that the different agencies of the US government have been always there try to circumvent the Biological Weapons Convention and engage bio-warfare work. Indeed, we had one of these two lab bio-warriors admit in the NY Times that they were not over there for the purpose of either screening or treating people. That’s not what these labs are about. These labs are there in my opinion to do bio-warfare work for different agencies of the US government. Indeed, many of them were set up by USAID. And everyone knows that USAID is penetrated all up and down by the CIA and CIA has been involved in bio-warfare work as well."

US Bio-warfare Laboratories In West Africa Are The Origins Of The Ebola Epidemic.:* Information Clearing House - ICH

Old 10-20-2014, 10:53 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,951,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
Ebola scare is over. There may be one or two additional cases from the fubar hospital in Dallas, but all current patients have been removed and are now being cared for my competent organizations. Republicans who have grabbed on to this issue are going to find it disappears by election day.
According to King Obola and his surrogates, the scare isn't over. Try again.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:56 AM

Jumping ahead . . . . .

"Hopskins also indicates that the RFID chip will work toward more easily identifying and separating those who have been inoculated and those who have not. Individuals who refuse to receive the Ebola vaccination will face serious hurdles in gaining employment, visiting public places, obtaining future medical care, and even potential prison time. - See more at: CDC Whistleblower Exposes Ebola Vaccinations Containing RFID Chips | National Report

Old 10-20-2014, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I would caution any foreign doctors from going to Liberia, their own doctors want no part of it.

Many Liberian Doctors
According to the link, there were only 170 Liberian national MDs in Liberia, before the outbreak and many of them were not practicing MDs.

Many of the wealthy in the infected zone got out while they could and have no interest in returning until the rest of the would goes in and cleans up. Conversely, some wealthy who hail from the infected zone, now living in the US wit business interests in the infected zone, have returned to do what they can. According to reports ( see prior posts) one is a business executive, a US citizen, originally from Guinea, is doing what he can to keep Ebola out of one village in his home country.

Global Humanitarianism aside, there are serious multinational investments in Western Africathat will be impacted if t Ebola continues to migrate within West Africa. Do you think Koch Industries, to name just one US interest, has a stake in this? How about Bridgestone Corp of Japan, the holding company for Firestone? How about Shell, Royal Dutch, Chevron, Exxon-Mobil, Agip,or Total?

I am communicating the tip of the iceberg of US and multinational corporate interests which is not the same thing as defending those interests.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:03 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
Quote:
Mr. Ebola, would never be able to board a plane to Brussels without a USA visa, if he lists his final destination as the USA. Do people think you just buy an international ticket and just hop on a plane? it doesn't work that way. You have to have the legal authority to enter the country you declare as your final destination. So your scenario is a fail.
Do people automatically assume he would be flying to America? I guess you just glossed over that bit in my post about international airports being a gateway to and from numerous destinations with thousands of folks passing through them daily.

Mr. Ebola would not even have to intend to fly to America but merely pass through an airport, train station, marine port, and come into contact with OTHERS whose ultimate destination is America.

Not everyone leaving a hot zone, later passing through and interacting with a multitude of individuals in a crowded terminal, are heading to America.

You're having trouble connecting the dots with this aren't you?

A freak'n chimpanzee (if they are designated as carriers) in a cage bound for China could give the virus to a handler who a couple of days later, during early onset of symptoms, has a meal sitting next to someone in the terminal headed to America.

This ain't rocket science here; stuff the infantile fail nonsense.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, a common law marriage of church and State?
Catholic Charities is the largest conduit Charity in the US. Most of it's funding comes from the federal government, then states, counties, municipalities and then donations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies