Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2014, 06:37 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times

Advertisements

"Everything's under control" right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 06:49 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"Everything's under control" right?

http://ncrenegade.com/editorial/we-a...under-control/

However, with bits of news like this popping up here and there, it won't be for long...

Tampa-bound flight held in Charlotte as Ebola fears sweep country

Ebola Today: Suspected Case in Texas Goes Missing | NCRenegade

I'm sure there will be other similar news items as time goes on.

Last edited by swbtoo; 10-19-2014 at 06:56 PM.. Reason: add link

Old 10-19-2014, 07:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
What in the heck are you talking about? Many of the Western doctors working over there to save people are Christians.
What the heck are you talking about? MD, regardless of personal beliefs, use science not faith to save people.

Faith healers exist at the tribal village level and are far removed from science. They use blood , herbs and "Magic " powers.

It is believed that faith healers have been the root cause for the migration of the virus.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-19-2014 at 07:45 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Anyone hear any more about this?

Obama Plans to Let Ebola infected Foreigners Into U.S. for Treatment
Posted: 18 Oct 2014 08:12 AM PDT

Judicial Watch has learned that the Obama administration is actively formulating plans to admit Ebola-infected non-U.S. citizens into the United States for treatment. Specifically, the goal of the administration is to bring Ebola patients into the United States for treatment within the first days of diagnosis.
Obama Plans to Let Ebola infected Foreigners Into U.S. for Treatment | NCRenegade
Well, it's on the Internet so it must be true, eh.

Did you click over to the very brief source document alleging unnamed source claims...... Quickly followed by the ad to " donate today" so they can pay their bills and continue to fear monger for political purposes.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:

We Are All Under Control | NCRenegade

However, with bits of news like this popping up here and there, it won't be for long...

Tampa-bound flight held in Charlotte as Ebola fears sweep country

Ebola Today: Suspected Case in Texas Goes Missing | NCRenegade

I'm sure there will be other similar news items as time goes on.
In the " misery loves company" boat, the same stuff is happening all over Europe.

Not much information out there about the alleged Baylor System missing patient situation. According to some online reports, someone presented at the Baylor ER and the screening questionnaire ( not the patient) was positive for potential Ebola. Reportedly, the patient was transferred to Texas Presb for follow- up No one went missing, assuming there is any truth to this.

No mention of this on CNN where it's Ebola time, all the time.

Did you catch the story about San Diego whereby a student claimed to be sick and implied to have been on a flight with Ebola nurse and so the school " in an abundance of caution" roped off the entire building and called it into the city. Student later admitted she made up the story to avoid being dropped from the class for missing a class.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-19-2014 at 07:53 PM..

Old 10-19-2014, 07:37 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,261 times
Quote:
Anyone hear any more about this?

Obama Plans to Let Ebola infected Foreigners Into U.S. for Treatment
Posted: 18 Oct 2014 08:12 AM PDT

Judicial Watch has learned that the Obama administration is actively formulating plans to admit Ebola-infected non-U.S. citizens into the United States for treatment. Specifically, the goal of the administration is to bring Ebola patients into the United States for treatment within the first days of diagnosis.
Obama Plans to Let Ebola infected Foreigners Into U.S. for Treatment | NCRenegade

does this not sound like one of his lame ideas?? maybe he can go do hug therapy the stupid jerk

Old 10-19-2014, 07:38 PM

756 posts, read 834,651 times
Post I Just Want To Say This:

The first time I heard about Ebola is some doctor preacher with a scruffy beard got this Ebola disease and the conservative news keeps posting these heroic pictures ... They were so high quality that look like they were still images taken from a medical drama. The news kept broadcasting all the people at his church praying and it they did that every day in their newscasts for a while.

But that was a long time ago. Pastor Doctor Preacher Claus, M.D. lived through it. He had some experimental antidote to combat Ebola.

Then there is some African guy that flew to Texas Health Presbyterian Church Hospital, and he died. I listened to the radio and the guy did not get the experimental antidote? Can anybody tell me why?

When the conservative news is trying to promote fake medical dramas, the liberal news is trying to say there is no need for flight restrictions.

I don't like any of this. I don't like promoting the new medical drama. I don't like Church-Hospitals, I don't understand the selective antidote and that it seemed like it went to a rich guy but not an illegal immigrant, and I think if they allow public flights from West Africa Et. Al. then the disease could spread even worse. Especially because Doctor Czar and the rest of The Government don't seem to be doing anything.

That's all I have to say. Thanks.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:40 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,665 times
I think that this number has been inflated for political reason to embarrass President Obama.

Old 10-19-2014, 07:50 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Patient ‘Screened’ For Ebola At Baylor, Testing Not Confirmed « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

A statement from Baylor, sent to CBS 11 News said, in part -
“A patient presented at Baylor University Medical Center Thursday evening reporting Ebola symptoms and indicated contact with someone with the disease. The patient was transferred within hours to Texas Health Presbyterian as directed by the Dallas County Health Department.”
But Presbyterian Hospital is denying an Ebola patient was transferred to their facility from Baylor.

Hope they are making the right call on this one;

Thursday evening, a patient reporting Ebola symptoms was transferred from Baylor University Medical Center to Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas. The patient was placed in isolation at Texas Health Dallas and evaluated with all appropriate precautions. The patient was determined to be low risk and wanted to leave the hospital. The CDC and Texas Department of State Health Services were advised of this and did not feel it was necessary to have her detained.”

Old 10-19-2014, 08:00 PM

638 posts, read 624,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And what about those that aren't from there, but have been there? You are basically asking for a huge disruption to air travel for something that isn't even a big deal in this country.
Wait until it becomes a big deal. Do not downplay ebola. We must take it seriously. Nobody knows how many Americans it will kill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies