Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 02:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,816,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Hard to imagine that HRs across the country are gonna say "no problem, see you in 21 days"..

Gonna require doctor's note...etc...

Or will they be lenient ?
HRs implement but don't set corporate policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2014, 02:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,893,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Obama annoyed by weak Ebola response from France, Italy and others

Can't make this stuff up. Back to the blame game. Unreal.

Hey!.....lots of American's are annoyed at our own gov's weak/feeble response/misinformation.
Actually.....in this case, you have to give him a little credit. Not a lot, but a little. He himself has been just about a total idiot on this whole thing, along with CDC. That is....until yesterday, when he finally probably decided to try to show SOME leadership before he left to play golf or go running off to campaign.

The reason for the weak response from other first-world nations is that they expect US--as in United States of America--to step in and shoulder most of the load--manpower and money. After all, WE are the world's babysitters.

Screw the rest of the world, including Europe and almost all of Africa. When we finally leave, the customs that contributed to the rapid spread of Ebola in the third world are NOT going to change. It will be back to business as usual.

Our esteemed leader (yeah, heavy sarcasm) should have banned issuing any visas from the hardest-hit areas--and the only Ebola patients allowed into the US will be only Americans, period.

The rest can take care of themselves.

Last edited by Cathy4017; 10-16-2014 at 02:13 PM..

Old 10-16-2014, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I think you need multiple tools to beat this, and some adjustment of air travel should be considered. How about a quarantine unit at the international airports in the affected countries? If you want to leave that country, you must stay in quarantine at the airport for 21 days. It would need to be individual quarantine (i.e., not communal).
Large airports have adjacent or close by hotels.

Someone on Fox was talking about this yesterday. Alternative media said these would be Ebola Death Camps.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Really? Tell that to Nancy Snyderman who violated her quarantine.

NBC Dr. Nancy Snyderman -- She Violated Ebola Quarantine | TMZ.com
Doctors and healthcare workers are sometimes the worst patients.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Shes quarantined for possible Ebola exposure....and is out getting take out food, so much for a govt quarantine!
She was with the NBC crew that hired the freelance cameraman who was diagnosed.
She and the NBS crew self quarantined, upon return.

She was observed sitting in the rear seat of a private car while the driver or another passenger ran into a restaurant for take out.

The pictures that accompany this story on some media are not current.

It was bad form on her part.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:28 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,346,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And in terms of Ebola, the virus still needs a pathway into you. It is not absorbed through the skin. You won't get Ebola from touching a doorknob that has wet vomit on it from an infected person, you'll get Ebola when you touch that doorknob and then touch your nose, eyes, mouth, or an open cut or sore.
We have winter coming up with the usual colds and flus and thanks to our administration's porous border policies lots of kids carrying enterovirus D68. So there will be lots of sneezing and touching eyes and what not, especially the young ones. I suspect we are going to find out the hard way just how infectious Ebola is.

People are quickly losing faith in this administration to handle a serious problem Ebola gaffes fuel quarantine questions - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com and we don't really know how easily spread Ebola will be in this country. People can't even agree on how viable the virus is outside of it's host. I've heard one hour and I've heard one week.

I don't trust the CDC right now. They've been corrupted by the Obama agenda Michelle Malkin | » The Centers for Everything But Disease Control so I turned to Canada for some figures. PHAC reports "Filoviruses have been reported capable to survive for weeks in blood and can also survive on contaminated surfaces, particularly at low temperatures (4°C)" That's 39.2° F, just in time for winter.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:30 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,412,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Worse, it's a lesson we should have already learned. We're well aware that this outbreak has been affecting healthcare workers particularly hard, and that part of the reason was that the protective gear has been in short supply in the affected countries, and that mistakes can be made when donning the gear and when removing it. WE KNEW THIS. And yet we sent in our nurses, inadequately trained, inadequately protected, to care for an Ebola patient whose contagion was peaking. That the hospital even sent lab samples through it's vacuum tube system boggles the mind. They have an infectious control department at this hospital, so where were these people? What kind of training and education do these people have? The CDC should have sent in a team immediately to supervise. I'm glad the CDC's learned that lesson.

That is the part that really is freaking me out.

I dont know if you saw earlier posts ive made on this but, aboutg 3 weeks before this thing started, my wife ended up in a cardiac emergency room. (shes good now)... The THIRD question they asked was
"have you traveled to West Africa"
no kidding. they were serious and it was clear that is to be covered with every patient.

these people in a cardiac hospital where every single patient walking thru the door is a heart patient, werent going to miss it. we had a convesation about it.

Presby Dallas has issues and I will not be shocked if this brings down that hospital.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:31 PM

24,774 posts, read 28,563,299 times
Seems no one is thinking out of the box... We ban the flights from the three countries.. then they catch a cargo ship ship heading to some port of call with a International Airport.. they what happens ?

Old 10-16-2014, 02:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,925,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
We have winter coming up with the usual colds and flus and thanks to our administration's porous border policies lots of kids carrying enterovirus D68. So there will be lots of sneezing and touching eyes and what not, especially the young ones. I suspect we are going to find out the hard way just how infectious Ebola is.

People are quickly losing faith in this administration to handle a serious problem Ebola gaffes fuel quarantine questions - Josh Gerstein - POLITICO.com and we don't really know how easily spread Ebola will be in this country. People can't even agree on how viable the virus is outside of it's host. I've heard one hour and I've heard one week.

I don't trust the CDC right now. They've been corrupted by the Obama agenda Michelle Malkin | » The Centers for Everything But Disease Control so I turned to Canada for some figures. PHAC reports "Filoviruses have been reported capable to survive for weeks in blood and can also survive on contaminated surfaces, particularly at low temperatures (4°C)" That's 39.2° F, just in time for winter.
I DO trust the CDC right now.

You can live in fear if you want to. But understand that that is a choice that you are making.

Old 10-16-2014, 02:42 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,216,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
She was with the NBC crew that hired the freelance cameraman who was diagnosed.
She and the NBS crew self quarantined, upon return.

She was observed sitting in the rear seat of a private car while the driver or another passenger ran into a restaurant for take out.

The pictures that accompany this story on some media are not current.

It was bad form on her part.

typical rules do not mean much
to some people
why could someone just not BRING her the carry out? no she had to go
you are right, bad form from her!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies