Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2014, 10:48 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
insulting Blacks is entertainment?

yuck
But it's so easy. Look left... your offended, look right ... your offended. Words.... your offended. Who wants to be around that where even the simplest word or acting can be misconstrued and your offended. It's time to grow up and stop acting like a bunch of two year olds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 AM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
A MAJOR part of the problem is the way our country's public schools are disproportionately under-educating Black students. I've mentioned this before...

U.S. public schools educate only 26% of all public school students to even basic grade-level proficiency in math, 38% in reading, by 12th grade.

NAEP - Mathematics and Reading 2013

That in and of itself is bad enough, but pay very careful attention to the much lower basic proficiency percentages for Black students.

Black students' basic math proficiency by 12th grade: 7%
Basic reading proficiency by 12th grade: 16%

Who's going to take a Black person's high school "diploma" seriously with those kind of basic proficiency percentages?
And you assume anyone who can't do math or read is going to graduate from college?

If the GOP wants Black votes so bad, they can reach out to the Black population like they do the constituencies they reach out to.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:49 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If that is such a problem, I recommend doing something about it instead of complaining.
Can't help those who insist on voting for their oppressors. SMH

Old 10-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
And you assume anyone who can't do math or read is going to graduate from college?

If the GOP wants Black votes so bad, they can reach out to the Black population like they do the constituencies they reach out to.
wow, you really feelin yourself. The GOP doesn't want Black votes "so bad". We are just tired of paying the price for the results of your culture and voting Democrat obviously hasn't worked out so well for you. All you do is complain but you still do it.

Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results

Old 10-29-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
No. The implication is that they won't go to college at all. They can't because the Dems keep them trapped in the public schools that systemically under-educate them. I've already posted the stats.

Quote:
No one ever reached out to me. It's MY job to inform myself, and vote on the issues. I sure as hell wouldn't vote for a political party that insists on systemically under-educating anyone. That rules out the Dems.

And by your continuous claims of "they need to reach out to the Black population," all you're really doing is confirming what Dems have been telling Blacks for decades... Blacks need someone to tell them what to do. Blacks need extra help to do anything because they're less capable than others of doing it themselves (Affirmative Action). Etc.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:02 AM

As LBJ pointed out, the new deal was to insure that African Americans would be compelled to vote Democratic for generations to come by not giving a hand up, but by giving a hand out!

By taking the hand out, they are losing valuable experiences and can't improve their living standards because they won't have the experience to move up the ladder.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
voting Democrat obviously hasn't worked out so well for you. All you do is complain but you still do it.

Insanity, is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Yeah, several of us are trying to get that point across. Apparently, they're perfectly fine voting to keep themselves disproportionately dumbed-down and therefore poor.

I'm just tired of all the complaining when they get EXACTLY what they voted for, and then don't like it.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:04 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. The implication is that they won't go to college at all. They can't because the Dems keep them trapped in the public schools that systemically under-educate them. I've already posted the stats.

No one ever reached out to me. It's MY job to inform myself, and vote on the issues. I sure as hell wouldn't vote for a political party that insists on systemically under-educating anyone. That rules out the Dems.

And by your continuous claims of "they need to reach out to the Black population," all you're really doing is confirming what Dems have been telling Blacks for decades... Blacks need someone to tell them what to do. Blacks need extra help to do anything because they're less capable than others of doing it themselves (Affirmative Action). Etc.
The majority of Black people live in states controlled by Republicans, If anyone is systematically under educating anyone, its Republicans.

The second bold is indicative of the republican argument on this forum, not the democratic one. Its your side of the aisle that repeatedly labels anyone who believes different than you as stupid or lazy

stop projecting

Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The majority of Black people live in states controlled by Republicans, If anyone is systematically under educating anyone, its Republicans.

The second bold is indicative of the republican argument on this forum, not the democratic one. Its your side of the aisle that repeatedly labels anyone who believes different than you as stupid or lazy

stop projecting
Oh stop the non-sense. We're tired of your always blaming it on everyone else. A lot of blacks were able to pull themselves out of poverty. You call them too white.

Step 1. Stop blaming everyone else and look at what "YOU" are doing wrong.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:05 AM

31,061 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Someone else posted this speech on the Democrats & Liberals by Malcom X. It is absolutely spot on. It talks about how Blacks are nothing but ignorant pawns, used by privileged White Liberals to enhance their power. Here's a couple excerpts from it that give you the gist....

"The white liberal differs from the white conservative only in one way: the liberal is more deceitful than the conservative. The liberal is more hypocritical than the conservative. Both want power, but the white liberal is the one who has perfected the art of posing as the Negro’s friend and benefactor; and by winning the friendship, allegiance, and support of the Negro, the white liberal is able to use the Negro as a pawn or tool in this political “football game” that is constantly raging between the white liberals and white conservatives."

"The crooked politicians in Washington, D.C., purposely make a big noise over the proposed civil rights legislation. By blowing up the civil rights issue they skillfully add false importance to the Negro civil rights “leaders.” Once the image of these Negro civil rights “leaders” has been blown up way beyond its proper proportion, these same Negro civil rights “leaders” are then used by white liberals to influence and control the Negro voters, all for the benefit of the white politicians who pose as liberals, who pose as friends of the Negro."

"The white conservatives aren’t friends of the Negro either, but they at least don’t try to hide it. They are like wolves; they show their teeth in a snarl that keeps the Negro always aware of where he stands with them. But the white liberals are foxes, who also show their teeth to the Negro but pretend that they are smiling. The white liberals are more dangerous than the conservatives; they lure the Negro, and as the Negro runs from the growling wolf, he flees into the open jaws of the “smiling” fox."

Malcolm X on White Liberals | Faith in Action
I remember reading this years ago. It is really a simplistic view from the 1000 ft level. I'm sure there are Liberals like LBJ who were purposely using the Black population for his own gain and to insure his party stayed in power, but there are other varieties of people that identify as Liberal that are left out. Just as there are varieties of Conservatives.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 10-29-2014 at 11:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies