Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 01:35 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
The only ones interested in race are those who believe their is a benefit to being a certain race.
If someone thinks government is going to write laws to benefit one race over another and even though its NOT suppose to, seems blacks and whites go out of their way to try to make some racial groups happy.

No laws should be to the benefit to any race, and that includes government programs. Until then I find many people will be encouraged to use race for many political and social advancement.
But what is the corollary of what you said? Obviously if people think there is a benefit to being a certain race, then there also exists those who believe that there is a COST to being a certain race. The concept of benefit cannot exist without the concept of cost in relativity. Its likes winners and losers, pretty and ugly, up and down.....benefit/cost. Thus, if there is a benefit to being a certain race, then there is a cost to being another.

Also, how does one deal with the legacy effect of laws that existed for centuries that benefited a certain race.....at the cost to another or others? There is not a "reset" with each generation and thus each generation are not handed a new monopoly board, with new dices, new money and equal chance at becoming successful. Instead, the next generation inherits the wealth and environment of the previous generation. Sure, its not impossible to move up but unless the board has infinite opportunities and unless having money is not an advantage in making and inquiring new money....then the people with inherited advantage will generally preserve that advantage in the future.

Its like game of football. Say for three quarters of a game that the rules were set up, by the red team, to favor the red team and the refs called the game to enforce double standards. The red team, of course, then builds a sizable lead of 21 to 7 over the blue team. Then when the forth quarter starts, rules are changed to apply equally and means are put in place to enforce that the rules are applied equally regardless of team colors.....however, there is no resetting of the score. If the red and blue team are basically equal in ability and talent, the blue team will never catch up to win or tie. The blue team, in truth, can only catch up if their talent and play is SUPERIOR to the Red team.

In light of that, equality under the law, without resetting the score, simply preserves the status of the Red team over the blue team and the only moral improvement is that the Red team is no longer allowed to increase their advantage through rules that favored them. This could be called "Preservatism" which rhymes with "conservatism" and are also homonyms.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-03-2014 at 01:43 PM..

Old 11-03-2014, 01:39 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyurban View Post
This is something I am having a hard time with. I am a black young male who grew up as a Military Brat. I lived most of my life in different European countries. Growing up race was always an after thought it seemed like. I guess for me I am pre-disposed to think differently because of how I lived. It was very common for an Asian person to be married to a White person who are best friends with the Black people next door whose children's Hispanic and White friends come over to spend the night (I could go on and on). Scenarios like that are soooooo common growing up on a military base. Other Military Brats understand this. I guess you're forced to try and get along when confined to the perimeter the security gates. We were not without our social problems, but we (or at least us dependents) were so blind to color and at least showed sympathy towards one another.

Here in America it seems to be so much different. So my question is this, specifically from Whites and Blacks, why do you HATE each other. Yes various black people have hood and heathen ways, but not all of us are like that. Yes various Whites think they are the sweet and delicious nectar of the Gods and deliberately oppress others, but not all are like that also. So with that being said, what is driving all of the hatred. For a kid to dress up as a KKK member for Halloween is disturbing. (link at the bottom) WHY, honestly, WHY. I just do not understand where all of this hatred could possibly for the love of God even come from. Why is there so much effort taken to put others down.

Why do you feel and think the way you do about other races and what have been your experiences with them? Seriously guys/gals, if you consider yourself an adult, act like one and keep it civilized. This is a chance to gain a perspective from someone else's eyes and ears.
My number one wish, although controversial, is for a poll for the USA to be taken. It would say, "should we go back to the Jim Crow days?" Unfortunately, the polls may be very one sided depending on race. I would start an anonymous poll on here, but the little voice in my head says I shouldn't.

7-Year-Old Wears Ku Klux Klan Halloween Costume, Neighborhood Not Amused

The first problem is defining humans using race categories. The US government should stop doing it, and people will eventually fall into place. Teach anthropology in school, stop separating categorically by race.

Race isn't a motivator for action, a race can't commit crime, kill, or make a decision - it's a description (outmoded description).

You're not a "black" man, you're a man. Period. Your ethnicity isn't a motivator for action either. Your ethnicity isn't able to make a decision. You as an individual make your decisions. People have been brainwashed for hundreds of years in this country to describe, and separate, and make stereotypical judgments based on "race".

You're a person, I'm a person - end of story.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
The first problem is defining humans using race categories. The US government should stop doing it, and people will eventually fall into place. Teach anthropology in school, stop separating categorically by race.

Race isn't a motivator for action, a race can't commit crime, kill, or make a decision - it's a description (outmoded description).

You're not a "black" man, you're a man. Period. Your ethnicity isn't a motivator for action either. Your ethnicity isn't able to make a decision. You as an individual make your decisions. People have been brainwashed for hundreds of years in this country to describe, and separate, and make stereotypical judgments based on "race".

You're a person, I'm a person - end of story.
Again....the impact of this attitude....at this juncture is "Preservatism".

Your thoughts on Race

Old 11-03-2014, 03:28 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:

I'm not going to disagree that our government has played a role in enforcing certain (bad) ideas. But, I don't like the idea that it is ever possible or wise for people to not make assumptions about you based on your outwards appearance.

We all make assumptions about people based on a variety of visual clues. Such as age and weight. Even height, clothing, cleanliness, hairstyle, tattoos, piercings, teeth, and even our accent/speech. We make assumptions about people based on where they are from. We make assumptions about people based on if they are a man or a woman. We make assumptions about them based on their sexual orientation. We make assumptions about them based on what schools they attended, or what pieces of paper they have hanging on their wall(IE diplomas/degrees). We make assumptions about them based on what car they drive. What music they listen to. Even if they drink or smoke, or what they drink or smoke.

We can cry about racism all day, every day(because that seems like something we all like to do). But racism isn't fundamentally different than every other form of discrimination/prejudice. And it gets really damn annoying having to hear people whine and complain all day every day about it. While opportunistic politicians(and media pundits) try turning everyone who isn't a "white man" into a victim, because it will get them elected or get them viewers.

I was impressed yesterday when Tavis Smiley was actually somewhat critical of the "racial politics" in America. A Tavis Smiley who I have a hard time listening to most of the time because of his constant defensiveness of black people, even when they are obviously wrong.

This particular line impressed me, "You say you want to move beyond race, that we're in a post-racial America, yet you play to the race card in North Carolina. In Louisiana, in Georgia. You can't win unless the black vote turns out for you."

Tavis Smiley on Grimes Not Admitting She Voted For Obama: Peter Only Denied Jesus 3 Times | Video | RealClearPolitics

I don't think there is ever such a thing as "post-racial" anything. You can dampen the effects of racism/discrimination/prejudice. But humans are tribal and prejudicial, and humans will always be tribal and prejudicial as long as they are still human.

I don't want a world where everyone is forced to show me respect. That kind of world is artificial and irrational. I would rather a world where if you don't treat me with respect, that I can cut you completely out of my life.

This isn't some philosophical idea, it is how I treat everyone already. If I don't like you, I ignore you, I avoid you, I cut you out of my life. The problem here is that as long as this government has power over me, I cannot completely ignore you, avoid you, or cut you out of my life. And that is why I hate all governments.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Again....the impact of this attitude....at this juncture is "Preservatism".

Your thoughts on Race
With a username like "indentured servant" it figures that my comment was outside of the realm of your understanding.

At any rate, I don't think my comment has anything to do with "preservatism" whatever that's supposed to mean.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Also, how does one deal with the legacy effect of laws that existed for centuries that benefited a certain race.....at the cost to another or others? There is not a "reset" with each generation and thus each generation are not handed a new monopoly board, with new dices, new money and equal chance at becoming successful. Instead, the next generation inherits the wealth and environment of the previous generation. Sure, its not impossible to move up but unless the board has infinite opportunities and unless having money is not an advantage in making and inquiring new money....then the people with inherited advantage will generally preserve that advantage in the future.
#1. Dismantle the social/government structure founded on race principles. Categorizing humans by race has to be eliminated.

#2. Teach from Kindergarten through high school Anthropology, both cultural and physical.

#3. In 20 years after laying the foundation of eliminating race principles in this country, end affirmative action. I say 20 years because it will take 20 years for the program to be completely ingrained in American culture so that no child is raised thinking that because people have a different skin color it makes them members of any "race" except HUMAN.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:55 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
#1. Dismantle the social/government structure founded on race principles. Categorizing humans by race has to be eliminated.

#2. Teach from Kindergarten through high school Anthropology, both cultural and physical.

#3. In 20 years after laying the foundation of eliminating race principles in this country, end affirmative action. I say 20 years because it will take 20 years for the program to be completely ingrained in American culture so that no child is raised thinking that because people have a different skin color it makes them members of any "race" except HUMAN.
You want to use propaganda to indoctrinate all school children for 20 years. How progressive of you.

Old 11-03-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:

You know....today I am just not in the mood for dealing with BS. I am so sick and tired of you people trying to pretend you are on the moral high ground by suggesting things like a color blind society, equal protection under the law and getting ride of metrics on race.

The real goal here is to mask evidence of a crime against humanity and to prevent any efforts by government or society to undo the legacy of these crimes. Back to the football analogy. Not only does the Red team accrue a big lead over the Blue team by creating rules in its favor for 3 quarters of the game, and not only does the Red team not want to Reset the score......NOW the red team wants to play the rest of the game without respect to team colors. Now they want...."this team" vs "that team". The game is still being played, but going forward, they now want no reference to Red team and Blue team...only "this team" and "That team".

Why do they want this? They want this because it hides how "This team" got their lead and how "That team" got so far behind, because there is no history of "this team" cheating or "That team" being cheated against. The cheating was associated with the "Red team"....and there is no longer a Red team because they changed the team name. There is no longer a "Blue team" either. Thus, when you watch the game now there is no evidence of cheating between "this team" and "That team".....it just looks like "This Team" is a much better/superior team than "That Team" due to their big lead.

In essence, the goal of the "This Team" is to inherit the benefits (its points and lead) of the "Red Team", under its new name, without inheriting the liability (resetting the score)....because the Blue Team does not exist under the new naming schema and neither does the Red Team. Its all on big scheme to keep the benefits of an unjust past without having to deal with the moral liabilities created from that past.

You guys come in here with your racial jujitsu tactics. You seek to take the language of the civil rights movement and the laws enacted against discrimination....and use it to keep from resetting the score!!! You just want to preserve/conserve the lead. Jujitsu is when you use the leverage of your opponent against them....and that is all that people like you are doing. You are using the language and laws of civil rights.....to preserve white superiority

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 11-03-2014 at 08:41 PM..

Old 11-03-2014, 08:46 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Force?

I suppose you could argue the civil war, or maybe just the laws. The reality is that if we ignore the problem it doesn't just go away. And if we pretend it isn't there, it doesn't appear there despite being present.
Actually, if you ignore this particular problem then yes it will go away. Without liberals out there fanning the flames of racial resentment, the problem absolutely would go away. It has been dwindling for years. It's only because of liberal irrational obsession with race that it is an issue. Without their abnormal fixation on it, race relations would be far better than they are. The era of rampant racism is long gone. The era of rampant sexism is long gone. They were problems of the mid 20th century and we are now in the 21st century. It's evident from the way women used to crusade for wanting the vote and blacks used to crusade against being lynched wheras now the great war on women is just about asking them to make a copay on their birth control and the great war on blacks is using "Chicago" as a racist code word. The trivial silliness of the things that are treated as major issues of prejudice today compared to the issues of decades ago makes it blatantly apparent how little prejudice actually exists in today's society.

But as long as liberals can use whatever resentment they can find to fire up their voter base, they will certainly continue to shriek about it.
Quote:
And thats why saying "you must first earn my respect" is so bad. its not just racist, its labeling someone based upon the actions of others. And in this case specifically the color of their skin. Thats pretty much the definition of racism.
Saying that someone must first earn your respect is not racist in the slightest bit. It is rational human behavior to reserve your respect for those who earn that respect.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:07 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

I don't want a world where everyone is forced to show me respect. That kind of world is artificial and irrational. I would rather a world where if you don't treat me with respect, that I can cut you completely out of my life.
exactly redshadowz, no one is can be forced to respect anyone. Trying to force it will have the opposite effect. MLK had it right, these liberal democrats and the race mongers have it very wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies