Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 08:19 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,975,497 times

Advertisements

SouthBel, It is a slippery slope. What about those opposed to Bush or Obama who brought Hitler or animal images. That might also be construed as "inciting violence, after all it was de-humanizing".

We're a nation intelligent enough to force those in powerful positions (cop,s D.As, etc) to use only the letter of the law as a means to enforce the law. We avoid slippery slopes, which is very wise.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:20 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
SouthBel, It is a slippery slope. What about those opposed to Bush or Obama who brought Hitler or animal images. That might also be construed as "inciting violence, after all it was de-humanizing".

We're a nation intelligent enough to force those in powerful positions (cop,s D.As, etc) to use only the letter of the law as a means to enforce the law. We avoid slippery slopes, which is very wise.
True. It has done one thing effectively though. Put the police on his radar. Not a smart thing to do, for sure.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:31 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ah yes, lets just start shooting each other! Thats how we demonstrate what a wonderful country we are. yup!
Please join the protesters. Please?

Old 11-10-2014, 08:33 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
BTW, a Polar Express is headed south this week.

They will release the GJ results Wednesday.
Read my mind. 15ish with windchill....here comes the verdict.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
offering people money to kill a police officer, last time i checked was a crime.
of course if you hold up your hands and say dont shoot i guess its ok.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:36 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
If the "protesters" want "war", they should get it so we can clean out the gene pool a little bit.
Quote:
Please join the protesters. Please?
Why? because the only way you can win a argument with someone you disagree with is to get them killed?

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine, happiness, and puppies.

Well OK not so much, the comments kind of sicken me....but hey...puppies and ferrets make me happier.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:37 PM

78,435 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
parfleche,Precisely what legal statute does it violate? Forget the spirit of their intentions. When it comes to law, that does not matter.

Name the legal statute it violates.
Here's one for starters...

Menacing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Again, you'd have to look at the other tweets to see if some other law were broken as in their entirety they could fall under conspiracy but in cases like this unless the action is egregious they don't press charges or they just fan the flames.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:37 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
If no one has read the tweets directly here's a link. Make sure you read at least 10 posts, more if you have time. The tweets will leave little doubt...
That particular account is among the worst of the Radicals -- I've posted links to several accounts, but not that particular one, even though I am aware of it and read it. The worst of all of this is that the Radicals are driving it - I have not been able to find a single Voice of any note that is trying to stop the certain Violence that will come with the Grand Jury announcement.

I can tell you for sure that several things are going on. The Anonymous Crowd and the Occupy Radicals have just about taken control of the Ferguson/St Louis "protestors". Some of the "leaders" of these Protestors and Live Stream Folks constantly Beg for MONEY to continue the "protest".

This has become a MONEY making scam and a lot of people are likely to get hurt - not to mention what is going to happen to the St Louis area. When you look back on the Riots and Mayhem of the 1960's-early 70's .... right up to the Riots of the early 90's - you will find interviews from the people involved that answer a question. "Why did you do it? It was FUN". I've thought this from the beginning - some sort of "I want to be a part of the Civil Rights Movement" ..... that ended 50 years ago.

They want to have "fun", it's all been glorified in some really sick way -- I was there, it wasn't "fun".
It was serous business - we fought for something important and not some sort of Vigilante Street "justice" because a Black man attacked a White Cop and got killed .... while ignoring the other Black or Black deaths in their own neighborhood at the very same time period.

We have Courts to settle these things with Amendments and a Justice Department to make SURE that the Laws are Equal and FAIR - we don't have Cross Burnings (which did happened), we don't have Lynchings (which also happened) ...... and we are NOT going to go back and reverse the process for some sort of 'retribution' that has been spoon fed to these kids from birth - for actions from many decades ago. PERIOD.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:44 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That particular account is among the worst of the Radicals -- I've posted links to several accounts, but not that particular one, even though I am aware of it and read it. The worst of all of this is that the Radicals are driving it - I have not been able to find a single Voice of any note that is trying to stop the certain Violence that will come with the Grand Jury announcement.

I can tell you for sure that several things are going on. The Anonymous Crowd and the Occupy Radicals have just about taken control of the Ferguson/St Louis "protestors". Some of the "leaders" of these Protestors and Live Stream Folks constantly Beg for MONEY to continue the "protest".

This has become a MONEY making scam and a lot of people are likely to get hurt - not to mention what is going to happen to the St Louis area. When you look back on the Riots and Mayhem of the 1960's-early 70's .... right up to the Riots of the early 90's - you will find interviews from the people involved that answer a question. "Why did you do it? It was FUN". I've thought this from the beginning - some sort of "I want to be a part of the Civil Rights Movement" ..... that ended 50 years ago.

They want to have "fun", it's all been glorified in some really sick way -- I was there, it wasn't "fun".
It was serous business - we fought for something important and not some sort of Vigilante Street "justice" because a Black man attacked a White Cop and got killed .... while ignoring the other Black or Black deaths in their own neighborhood at the very same time period.

We have Courts to settle these things with Amendments and a Justice Department to make SURE that the Laws are Equal and FAIR - we don't have Cross Burnings (which did happened), we don't have Lynchings (which also happened) ...... and we are NOT going to go back and reverse the process for some sort of 'retribution' that has been spoon fed to these kids from birth - for actions from many decades ago. PERIOD.
Dang...that was very well said. And I agree to a very large extent. I think the protests before the violence were about sending a message, but the violence and looting that occurred isn't about a message, its violence for violence sake, and monetized. And the cops actions didn't help either though.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:45 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
This will go a long way to dispelling the myth that Ferguson residents are nothing but a bunch of common street thugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies