Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 07:30 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times

Advertisements

I think the black citizens vs all police officers issue boils down to one thing: lack of trust. Not sure how that trust can be established.....on both sides.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:37 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,779,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
From the description that Wilson gave, his prints would be on more than just the barrel. They'd probably pick up somewhere. I'm not an expert on forensics, but wouldn't Brown's prints be easily identifiable?

Just to ease my longing for justice, I'm going to stop debating the details of it. Until there's an actual trial or some other new piece of evidence, I'm gonna focus on the bigger issues that can prevent this.

Police should not be killing unarmed men or women unless they are truly in fear of their life.

I mean sure why not. Officers should just go out and become human punching bags, at least until the attacker gets bored of punching the cop or is able to shoot him with his own gun. You should go to your local PD department and suggest this to the officers, I'm sure they'd agree it's a great idea.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:56 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times
This is stunning in a case of this magnitude that the DA could make a mistake like this.
Quote:

"The assistant DA Kathy Alizadeh then handed the Grand Jury a copy of a 1979
Missouri Law that was ruled unconstitutional by the united States Supreme Court
in 1985. She was handing them something that had not been Law in Missouri during
her entire legal career.

But it was helpful to officer Darren Wilson that the Assistant District
Attorney handed the jury an old unconstitutional law which said incorrectly that
it is legal to shoot fleeing suspects simply because they are fleeing. By
handing the Grand Jury that unconstitutional Law the ADA dramatically lowered
the standard by which Darren Wilson could be judged.

She was telling the Grand Jury with that document that Darren Wilson
had the Right, the legal Right to shoot and kill Michael Brown as soon as
Michael Brown started running away from him.

In officer Darren Wilson's defense..*#

Old 12-03-2014, 09:24 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
A history of excessive force? Please, I am begging you, please provide some type of legitimate proof of this.

Everything I've read about his previous 5 years on the force was completely clean.

Darren Wilson

"Officials say Wilson kept a clean record without any disciplinary action."

"Wilson won a commendation this year after he subdued a man who was found to be involved in a drug transaction, and he was honored in a ceremony in the Town Council chambers."

"He seemed to be doing pretty well as a police officer..."

"...Lt. Jeff Fuesting in charge as commander, ... who overlapped for about four months with Wilson during a transitional period, described him as “an average officer.”

“My impression is he didn’t go above and beyond, and he didn’t get in any trouble,” Fuesting said."

Robert Orr, the former Jennings police chief who retired in 2010, said of Wilson: “He was a good officer with us. There was no disciplinary action.”
Already said I'm done debating. But since you tried to call me out.

Violated a man's Constitutional rights while cussing at him.

SHOCK VIDEO: Darren Wilson Violates 1st Amendment “I’ll Lock Your Ass Up”- Arrests Man for Filming | The Free Thought Project

Excessive force claim (the same one he was supposed to receive a medal for)

Attorney: Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson roughed up drug suspect

Old 12-03-2014, 09:47 PM

406 posts, read 283,413 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKT-f0z4XoA

Old 12-03-2014, 09:58 PM

406 posts, read 283,413 times
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. In a gun fight... You need to take your time in a hurry."
Prior the start of the gunfight, Earp said to his rivals:
"I think you came here to make a fight with me, and if you did, you can have one here right now."
And:
"The fight has now commenced, go to fighting or get away!"

Old 12-03-2014, 10:07 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
Default New York Times Post

Is this correct??

The inconvenient (and tragic) truths | New York Post

If it is then why isn't it in mainstream media news?

Old 12-03-2014, 10:14 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,216,690 times
LOL -
The world's greatest propaganda ministry at work.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:18 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Is this correct??

The inconvenient (and tragic) truths | New York Post

If it is then why isn't it in mainstream media news?
What exactly isn't mainstream news?

And what is the "New York Times Post"?

Old 12-03-2014, 10:22 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
That's what I am asking..Is this legit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies