Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2014, 02:05 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Perhaps, but MB was the thug who'd just committed a felony.

Wilson had just come from a request for assistance, a young black baby who was having trouble breathing.

If you had to guess which one was more likely to become belligerent and aggressive, which would you guess it would be?

Wilson has a history of excessive force. And of violating people's Constitutional rights.

He also executed an unarmed teenager.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Ebidence as Crump says, states otherwise. With his blood found on the gun and witnesses noting a struggle for the gun, I would say he intended to kill / harm the cop.
But you have no prints...

Do you know how close you'd have to be to see a struggle for the gun? Do you know which hand Brown would have had to use to reach the gun holstered on Wilson's right hip?

Think about that scenario for a second....

Old 12-03-2014, 02:08 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Perhaps, but MB was the thug who'd just committed a felony.

Wilson had just come from a request for assistance, a young black baby who was having trouble breathing.

If you had to guess which one was more likely to become belligerent and aggressive, which would you guess it would be?
Wilson expected respect from show of force.

He should have tried show of respect, even if contrived.

Wilson isn't the only person walking around with a bad childhood.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:47 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
They did not test for fingerprints. That was a mistake. Whether they could find Brown's prints is another issue. Prints don't always transfer, nor are they always identifiable, but still... test for them.

I'm 100% sure Brown's prints on the gun wouldn't change the opinion of many people, but LE should know by now that what they don't do right can always be used against them.
We covered this earlier in the thread:
***The Verdict #Ferguson***

Old 12-03-2014, 02:48 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Why would you not test for prints when your defendant (yes LEO was trying to work in his best interest) stated that the suspect grabbed your gun and pressed it to your hip?
Okay, I was even responding to you when we discussed this earlier in the thread:
***The Verdict #Ferguson***

Old 12-03-2014, 03:07 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
But you have no prints...

Do you know how close you'd have to be to see a struggle for the gun? Do you know which hand Brown would have had to use to reach the gun holstered on Wilson's right hip?

Think about that scenario for a second....
DNA is better than prints.

Old 12-03-2014, 03:19 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Wilson has a history of excessive force. And of violating people's Constitutional rights.

Was the body of that teen ever found ?

Old 12-03-2014, 04:38 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Bravo!! Good post and you didn't even have to say a word. Thanks for the link.

Now listen, I am not for the black pride issue and against cops. That is not the point. I am not saying that OFC Wilson didn't have a right to protect himself with what he had to use. But what I am saying is that it could have all been prevented AT SOME POINT IN TIME during the altercation. As immortal stated, in past times, you needed a gun to be killed. Then you needed a knife to be killed (even though officers are trained to disarm a person with a knife). Now, you don't even need a weapon at all and it all comes down to the officer's reasonable fear of life.

I will cut this post short (as I have many to come) but I will say that it all comes down to proper training and understanding human behavior at the height of fear. Cops don't get emotional force training. You can't have the license to take freedom/life away but then think you don't have that much more responsibility in taking the appropriate measures to save life. This means from when you first enter the scene and not amp the situation. (generally speaking)
I seriously almost shed a tear watching that video

He gets it.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
No, it wouldn't have. Wilson never lost control of the gun, so the presence of Brown's fingerprints on the gun would have been meaningless and neither corroborated nor uncorroborated the story. Correspondingly, no presence of fingerprints would have been just as meaningless. The presence of fingerprints would have only had meaning if Wilson had lost control of the gun.

Edit: The reason for this is that you generally cannot pick up fingerprints left on the barrel of a weapon after the weapon has been fired due to the heat of the barrel. So any fingerprints on the barrel would have supported nothing that happened in the car, and even implied that Wilson tried to frame Brown by putting the gun in his hands after the shooting. A lack of fingerprints would be consistent with either grabbing the barrel before the shots were fired or with not grabbing the barrel at all.
If Wilson had lost control of the gun, you would expect fingerprints on the grip or even trigger. But since he did not lose control of the gun, you would not expect such prints at all and if such prints were found, there would be no explanation from anyone's story for that to happen, as that would mean that Brown had control of the firearm at some point.
From the description that Wilson gave, his prints would be on more than just the barrel. They'd probably pick up somewhere. I'm not an expert on forensics, but wouldn't Brown's prints be easily identifiable?

Just to ease my longing for justice, I'm going to stop debating the details of it. Until there's an actual trial or some other new piece of evidence, I'm gonna focus on the bigger issues that can prevent this.

Police should not be killing unarmed men or women unless they are truly in fear of their life.

Old 12-03-2014, 07:20 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:

A history of excessive force? Please, I am begging you, please provide some type of legitimate proof of this.

Everything I've read about his previous 5 years on the force was completely clean.

Darren Wilson

"Officials say Wilson kept a clean record without any disciplinary action."

"Wilson won a commendation this year after he subdued a man who was found to be involved in a drug transaction, and he was honored in a ceremony in the Town Council chambers."

"He seemed to be doing pretty well as a police officer..."

"...Lt. Jeff Fuesting in charge as commander, ... who overlapped for about four months with Wilson during a transitional period, described him as “an average officer.”

“My impression is he didn’t go above and beyond, and he didn’t get in any trouble,” Fuesting said."

Robert Orr, the former Jennings police chief who retired in 2010, said of Wilson: “He was a good officer with us. There was no disciplinary action.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies