Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 05:37 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Funny that just a few weeks ago the AGW groupies were trying to say the snowstorm south of Buffalo was due to AWG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 05:40 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Funny that just a few weeks ago the AGW groupies were trying to say the snowstorm south of Buffalo was due to AWG.
and it certainly could be part of warmer air...as warmer air is more likely to be moister air

the funny thing is all there extremists who say ''man-made'' think warmer means more deserts

Old 12-09-2014, 05:50 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and it certainly could be part of warmer air...as warmer air is more likely to be moister air

the funny thing is all there extremists who say ''man-made'' think warmer means more deserts
And the funnier thing is that AGW groupies claim that all weather is now climate change.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:25 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,052 times
Therefore AGW is not real, poses no risk to anyone and people can go on doing whatever they want with no fear of any repercussions whatsoever.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:27 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,478,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Therefore AGW is not real, poses no risk to anyone and people can go on doing whatever they want with no fear of any repercussions whatsoever.
man-made is not real....

climate change is real

we CAN'T do a thing about it....but we can adapt and be smarter on how we DEAL with the change

ie...its kinda stupid to build RIGHT ON the shore and in areas that are '''below''' sealevel

Old 12-09-2014, 06:28 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Celebrities and politicians should stop living in huge energy-hogging mansions and jet-setting about in private planes.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
man-made is not real....

climate change is real

we CAN'T do a thing about it....but we can adapt and be smarter on how we DEAL with the change

ie...its kinda stupid to build RIGHT ON the shore and in areas that are '''below''' sealevel
Aren't you the guy who said that all warming has no known cause?

Old 12-09-2014, 06:33 AM

25,845 posts, read 16,522,667 times
I want to be on the AGW side now. December is projected to be slightly above normal temp for my state. First time that's happened in over 5 years. So now I'm a Global Warmer.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
So what?

I find it really hard to take you people seriously when you seem to frame the debate as 'natural vs manmade'. Obviously, there are natural 'buffers' as well as natural weather patterns and natural climate drivers. The only people who are denying these are the ones AGW deniers have made up in their minds.

Even if California's drought isn't 100% caused by humans, it still doesn't mean AGW isn't real, it just means that maybe it isn't 100% to blame in this case.

I'm not sure how you can separate natural from manmade in the first place... if AGW is making the whole planet warmer, then it seems to me that the whole planet and all of its natural cycles are going to be affected in some way.

Old 12-09-2014, 06:43 AM

25,845 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
So what?

I find it really hard to take you people seriously when you seem to frame the debate as 'natural vs manmade'. Obviously, there are natural 'buffers' as well as natural weather patterns and natural climate drivers. The only people who are denying these are the ones AGW deniers have made up in their minds.

Even if California's drought isn't 100% caused by humans, it still doesn't mean AGW isn't real, it just means that maybe it isn't 100% to blame in this case.

I'm not sure how you can separate natural from manmade in the first place... if AGW is making the whole planet warmer, then it seems to me that the whole planet and all of its natural cycles are going to be affected in some way.
That is if the THEORY is founded on fact and not the fiction that is continually pushed by this so called science. I believe the scientists think they are on to something here, but it's so far over their heads they cannot understand 10% of the data they are collecting. CO2 in the atmosphere causes warming is a theory and nothing more.

There has been many times the PPM of CO2 in the atmosphere during ice ages in the past. It's right in the ice core samples but they don't want to talk about that. I wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies