Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 05:36 PM

963 posts, read 689,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
None of us have any idea what Al Sharpton talks about because WE DON'T FOLLOW HIM.

Black people have no idea what Al Sharpton says until white people tell us because we aren't listening to him. How hard is that to understand? You (and the white people like yourself) don't "get it".
About 50% do. That's a fact.

Because I don't follow the Aryan Nation if they were a go-between with the president, I'd KNOW what's going on and condemn it. Playing ignorant on current POLITICAL ISSUES in the POLITICAL FORUM just doesn't cut it.

Like I said, the president so many of you idolize considers him THE spokesman on race matters. So do AT LEST 50% of your brothers and sisters. Playing ignorant and refusing to condemn him speaks volumes!

Old 12-29-2014, 05:40 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Doesn't matter anyway. He might be, or maybe he's not. Black folks know, and that's all that really matters.
So, if one was to ask any 'black folk' they happen across, that person will speak for all 'black folk' re AS?

Why heck, this thread could have been answered on page 1 of responses! Duh!

Old 12-29-2014, 05:45 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times
Quote:
Exhibit A of the point that I made about white people in my previous post.

Why are white people so DESPERATE to have Al Sharpton to be the voice of black Americans? Its so odd.

And yet if I said that David Duke was the voice of white Americans they (well some) would rebuff that as completely absurd.
You must be the 3rd or 4th person to use David Duke as the white counterpart to Sharpton. Do you think that Little of Sharpton ?

Old 12-29-2014, 05:45 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlbenator View Post

Because I don't follow the Aryan Nation if they were a go-between with the president, I'd KNOW what's going on and condemn it. Playing ignorant on current POLITICAL ISSUES in the POLITICAL FORUM just doesn't cut it.

Like I said, the president so many of you idolize considers him THE spokesman on race matters. So do AT LEST 50% of your brothers and sisters. Playing ignorant and refusing to condemn him speaks volumes!
According to your own link in post #472, it's only 24%. So it's not a fact, it's a lie.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:53 PM

963 posts, read 689,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
According to your own link in post #472, it's only 24%. So it's not a fact, it's a lie.
I'm including his brothers in the cause (Jackson (11%) Waters (9%), Ben Jealous (8%) and others who have the same philosophy).

I'm also considering the 40% who said, "NO ONE SPEAKS FOR ME" While they may not "SPEAK FOR" them, they certainly REPRESENT the views of a large percentage of that 40%.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:53 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:

What are you even talking about?

Out of ALL of the black people that I know and that I am related to from coast-to-coast NO ONE follows Al Sharpton.

What are your qualifiers for that 50%?

Are you black?
Is your spouse/significant other/partner black?
Are your children black?
How many black family members do you have?
How many close, personal (as in have dinner at your home) black friends do you have?

Old 12-29-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I'm including his brothers in the cause (Jackson (11%) Waters, and others who have the same philosophy).

I'm also considering the 40% who said, "NO ONE SPEAKS FOR ME" While they may not "SPEAK FOR" them, they certainly REPRESENT the views of a large percentage of that 40%.
So basically you are simply making up facts to fit your personal agenda and bending them to fit your personal bias. Got it.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:59 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Exhibit A of the point that I made about white people in my previous post.

Why are white people so DESPERATE to have Al Sharpton to be the voice of black Americans? Its so odd.

And yet if I said that David Duke was the voice of white Americans they (well some) would rebuff that as completely absurd.

Yeah, if David Duke was welcomed to the effin' White House
even once, let alone up to 81 times, I'd have a BIG issue with that.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:01 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
What are you even talking about?

Out of ALL of the black people that I know and that I am related to from coast-to-coast NO ONE follows Al Sharpton.

What are your qualifiers for that 50%?

Are you black?
Is your spouse/significant other/partner black?
Are your children black?
How many black family members do you have?
How many close, personal (as in have dinner at your home) black friends do you have?
In all honesty, 2. Which is 2 more than the white friends or any other nationality that I have over for dinner.

I believe in equal opportunity.. I don't like anyone..

Last edited by freightshaker; 12-29-2014 at 06:10 PM..

Old 12-29-2014, 06:11 PM

This thread is the perfect example of the mentality that (far too many) whites have when it comes to "others".....and they will NEVER get that they are a huge part of the problem.

In a thread in which the overwhelming majority of black posters have stated that we do not view Al Sharpton as a leader or as a voice for black Americans you have white people vehemently INSISTING that he is. Then you have the irrelevant tangents and red herrings tossed in for good measure.

You people are OBSESSED with the man for some odd reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies