Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 07:51 AM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
In fact, 99.9% of laws are not worth killing to enforce. So why are so many laws proposed and written?

The left in this country is decrying law enforcement violence, yet, they want more and more laws written - all of which will be enforced by threat of death. Is that cognitive dissonance? I believe so.
Yes, I routinely hear liberals calling for more laws on abortion, gay marriage and drugs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 07:52 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Police don't intentionally shoot you unless you are a threat to the cop or others. They don't shoot you because you shoplifted. But when they try to arrest you, and you become combative to the point that you threaten their lives, then they can and will defend their lives. As it should be.
You dont get out much do you?
Government police can shoot you for any reason they please and fashion an excuse later, such as "I felt threatened" or "I though they had a weapon".
You and I enjoy no such defense.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:55 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Not so
all law is enforced by threat of punishment violent resistance to this fact can result in death
Let me make it simple don't jump on cops
Here is where the eternal second chance stops

Old 01-10-2015, 07:57 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Not so
all law is enforced by threat of punishment violent resistance to this fact can result in death
So can passive resistance (or being deaf,or not speaking or understanding english) Do your own search online.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:03 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh look, more trolling

Apparently you want to live in anarchy. lol. This is hilarious reading....and sort of sad.
Please quote my statement that I want to live in anarchy. Or admit you are relying on the "false dilemma" logical fallacy.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Or a ticket.

[no death involved]
How are tickets enforced? If you don't stop to be given the ticket, they then pursue you, criminal charges and enforced by threat of death. Again... Provide me a VALID example of a law that is enforced only by voluntary cooperation.

Honestly, I've tried to find such a thing, and have not ever found one.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
Police don't intentionally shoot you unless you are a threat to the cop or others. They don't shoot you because you shoplifted. But when they try to arrest you, and you become combative to the point that you threaten their lives, then they can and will defend their lives. As it should be.
You're still making my point that compliance or death are the only options.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:09 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,185,556 times
Quote:
How are tickets enforced? If you don't stop to be given the ticket, they then pursue you, criminal charges and enforced by threat of death. Again... Provide me a VALID example of a law that is enforced only by voluntary cooperation.

Why would you try to find such a thing?

Laws aren't "enforced" by voluntary cooperation. If that were the case, they wouldn't be laws. Laws are just enforced.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:10 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Please quote my statement that I want to live in anarchy. Or admit you are relying on the "false dilemma" logical fallacy.
Please, you want no laws beyond those that must be enforced with death, and your views on taxes are laughable.

Lets look:

Anarchy- a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

well you do seem all about the nonrecognition of authority, and yup....most of your ideas would in fact result in a state of disorder.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:10 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:

If you escalate the situation, then that may warrant a deadly response. For example, pull a gun on the officer who pulled you over, then, yeah, you're likely going to die. But that would be deserved in this extreme case. The ticket itself is not enforced by death and failure to pay it will not result in your death - but an extreme reaction in response to ticket may be.

[perhaps your thread should be titled, "All law is enforced by threat of death if you get stupid"]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies