Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2015, 11:22 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I never used the word 'dog,' but you were able to figure out what I meant. I can't help it if you can't do the same with Carter referring to Israel though he didn't use the word.
Carter did not offer any clues to point to Israel, you made that connection out of sheer projection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 11:23 AM

6,848 posts, read 7,993,664 times
Quote:
You can't reasonably infer anything because you lack reason and knowledge.

Stewart asked about 'this terrorism' --- you lack the reason to infer that includes what happened in Paris.

Carter gets right to 'the Palestinian problem' --- you lack the knowledge of Carter's position on Israel and 'the problem.'

Instead of responding to the issue Stewart raised --- the role of religion in terrorism --- Carter's instinct is to put Palestine front and center.

What's great about your mushy-headedness is that because I don't agree with you on this topic, you 'infer' I'm a gullible RWer.
Maybe just a bit slow. Carter neither said nor implied Israel had any role in the Paris bombing. You can infer any motive you like.

Old 01-16-2015, 11:41 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Jimmy Carter blames origins of Charlie Hebdo attack on 'the Palestinian problem' | WashingtonExaminer.com

He appeared on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and laid blame on Israel.
No he didn't. I watched the interview. I like how the right idolizes someone like Reagan, who helped create radical Islam in the world, versus Carter, who did his level best to defuse radical Islam. I know why the radical right hates Carter, he stands against their very ideology, which is to profit from the so-called "War on Terror" by carefully cultivating its continuation.

The Washington Examiner is a joke of a source anyway.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:22 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,938,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
I assume this is sarcasm.
It has to be, nobody can be that dense!

Old 01-16-2015, 12:46 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
What Stewart said.

Jon: Now this extremism in that region was around during Sadat's time.
Carter: Oh Yes, it was.
Jon: As well
Carter: They had four wars in 25 years before I became President. And when I got Begin and Sadat together at Camp David....
[story on camp David talks]
Jon: why do you think, you know, I view this extremism as a function of, sort of a pretext. you know, they, it's this idea that it's a religious backing seems a pretext for just powerless -- you know, the are angry, nihilistic, it doesn't seem --
Carter: that's true.
Jon: if it didn't have a religious part to it, it would be something else. They would use some other pretext to be violent in this way. Do, is that --
Carter: Well, one of the origins for it is the Palestinian Problem...
AGAIN!!! PLEASE define what "the Palestinian Problem" is!

A simple request, which has gone completely ignored. Please explain what it is.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:54 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
AGAIN!!! PLEASE define what "the Palestinian Problem" is!

A simple request, which has gone completely ignored. Please explain what it is.
I assume it is a reference to what to do about the people living in West Bank and Gaza or Judea and Samaria if you prefer.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:43 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Where is the reference to "this terrorism"?

Stewart was soliciting non-religious contributors to extremism. Carter responded with one of the valid contributing factors.

Carter response did not blame Israel nor did it blame the terrorist attacks in Paris on Israel.
Now you're arguing that Stewart's reference to 'this extremism' wasn't about the Paris terrorism ? Then you pretend to know what Stewart's question was going to be before Carter jumped in with his Palestinian problem diversion,

I know neither of them dare admit that Islam and the Quran have anything to do with terrorist acts by Muslims. Stewart went with the vague anger, powerlessness excuse. Carter chose 'the Palestinian problem.' It isn't my fault that you and others don't know that Carter considers Israel to blame for that 'problem.'

Old 01-16-2015, 05:55 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Now you're arguing that Stewart's reference to 'this extremism' wasn't about the Paris terrorism ? Then you pretend to know what Stewart's question was going to be before Carter jumped in with his Palestinian problem diversion,

I know neither of them dare admit that Islam and the Quran have anything to do with terrorist acts by Muslims. Stewart went with the vague anger, powerlessness excuse. Carter chose 'the Palestinian problem.' It isn't my fault that you and others don't know that Carter considers Israel to blame for that 'problem.'

First of all there has been criticism of the actions against Palestine from many moderate countries and world leaders, not just Carter.

So let's make believe that you are correct for a minute and Islam is uniquely responsible for creating terrorists, where does that lead to a solution. Will you propose banning Islam, what's the next step.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:25 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:

I'm asserting that your use of "this terrorism" in quotes is bizarre because no where in Stewart's rambling question or in Carter's response do they say "this terrorism".

I think it is pretty obvious where Stewart was going with his rambling question, but perhaps both Carter and I misunderstood how Stewart was going to finish asking his question. Stewart pretty much indicated that he was not asking about Paris or limiting the response to current events when he asked if extremism existed during "Sadat's time".

Carter was asked about non-religious contributions to extremism, presumably Arab extremism although that wasn't specifically stated. Carter correctly identified the conflict between the Palestinians and the Israelis as a contributing factor. Which it most certainly is. No where in Carter's response did he blame Israel for that conflict, much less blame Israel for the attack in Paris.

You appear to be on your own personnel Jihad against Islam and the Qur'an but that has zero to do with what occurred in this interview.

Old 01-16-2015, 08:12 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Carter did not offer any clues to point to Israel, you made that connection out of sheer projection.
Are you paid to be his pr flack? He said palestine, so WTF was he referring to? Stop trolling the thread with that nonsense already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies