Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 03:44 AM

165 posts, read 169,921 times

Advertisements

First - these immigrants break our laws and sneak into our country. They pop out kids anchor babies so they can receive benefits and work under the table for businesses who are more than willing to take advantage of cheap illegal labor - lowering our wages and decreasing job opportunities for the rest of us. And if this wasn't enough - they have the arrogance to start marching on Washington and demand and support that our President rewrite our immigration laws to suit them and pander to their situation. I used to be a moderate on this issue but I am quickly changing my mind about this. This would be like me sneaking into Mexico and then demanding their president rewrite their laws and give me special licenses to work and stay there as I wish. We need to adopt a European model when it comes to immigration and keep a tight-lid on our borders and welcome only those immigrants who respect and obey our laws. I also now concur with Romney's stance (though at the time I did disagree with him on this). Self-deportation is the solution here. I no longer even support a pathway to citizenship or legal residency. They should go back home and take their children with them. If they want to come here - do it legally. Enough is enough, and I'm tired of the bull****. The only laws we should pass is a new Federal law that with punisment for any business that hires an illegal immigrant. Then let Obama tell them they have the right to work. This faucet of cheap labor needs to be shut off now. It's ruining our economy and corrupting our politics

Old 01-17-2015, 03:52 AM

2,151 posts, read 1,358,422 times
Your title refers to just "immigrants" when you're really talking about "illegal immigrants" (seems like ones specifically from Mexico. It's a bit misleading and you might want to consider updating to the title as to no mislead people or attract off-topic posts.

Also, there's an illegal immigration section that might lend itself to a better discussion on this topic.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:29 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,314,256 times
Hey Simon, I don't know if you understand this but there is an economic reason why they are here, keep coming and nobody does anything about it. I am sure you would not mind picking strawberries 12 hours a day in the sun right?

Do you think the Government really gives a **** about illegal immigration?

Old 01-17-2015, 06:37 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,216,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Hey Simon, I don't know if you understand this but there is an economic reason why they are here, keep coming and nobody does anything about it. I am sure you would not mind picking strawberries 12 hours a day in the sun right?

Do you think the Government really gives a **** about illegal immigration?
Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage. As for picking crops there are unlimited H2-A visas for legal, foreign workers so you were saying? We have no category to migrate here for economic reasons and rightly so. The only ones benefiting from illegal labor are the greedy employers who hire them and they pass their social costs on to we the taxpayer. There is no justification for illegal immigration even though you seem to think so. We have immigration laws. Don't like it, tough! They are in place for good reasons.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:46 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,314,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Only 3% of illegal aliens are picking crops. The other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done for a fair wage. As for picking crops there are unlimited H2-A visas for legal, foreign workers so you were saying? We have no category to migrate here for economic reasons and rightly so. The only ones benefiting from illegal labor are the greedy employers who hire them and they pass their social costs on to we the taxpayer. There is no justification for illegal immigration even though you seem to think so. We have immigration laws. Don't like it, tough! They are in place for good reasons.
What would be some of the wonderful jobs these illegals are working? Like working at a factory or a slaughterhouse, I feel sorry for the American born people who are doing these jobs and feel threatened by illegals.

I am not pro-illegal immigration, all I said is there are economic reasons why nobody does anything about it.

You sound so naive though, as if the most powerful country in the world had no way to control its borders if it really wanted to. Wake up, the Government does not give a **** about this problem.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:31 AM

59,216 posts, read 27,416,604 times
Quote:
What would be some of the wonderful jobs these illegals are working? Like working at a factory or a slaughterhouse, I feel sorry for the American born people who are doing these jobs and feel threatened by illegals.

I am not pro-illegal immigration, all I said is there are economic reasons why nobody does anything about it.

You sound so naive though, as if the most powerful country in the world had no way to control its borders if it really wanted to. Wake up, the Government does not give a **** about this problem.
"What would be some of the wonderful jobs these illegals are working?"

Try the construction industry.

I have a friend who built his mason business up to employing 50 men

A general contractor he had been doing work for for years suddenly didn't give him any more work.

My friend visited one site and saw ALL of the brick and block workers were Hispanic.

This how it works. The contractor gets a check from the general contractor. The contractor cashes the check and pays his workers in cash.

The general contractor is not aware, or obligated to be, of how the contractors he has hired pay their employees.

My friend reported the other contractor to the County Executives office. An investigation was done and the contractor who had employed the illegals was arrested, and found guilty in court.

It really isn't that hard to "scam" the system.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:43 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,299,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Feltser View Post
First - these immigrants break our laws and sneak into our country. They pop out kids anchor babies so they can receive benefits and work under the table for businesses who are more than willing to take advantage of cheap illegal labor - lowering our wages and decreasing job opportunities for the rest of us. And if this wasn't enough - they have the arrogance to start marching on Washington and demand and support that our President rewrite our immigration laws to suit them and pander to their situation. I used to be a moderate on this issue but I am quickly changing my mind about this. This would be like me sneaking into Mexico and then demanding their president rewrite their laws and give me special licenses to work and stay there as I wish. We need to adopt a European model when it comes to immigration and keep a tight-lid on our borders and welcome only those immigrants who respect and obey our laws. I also now concur with Romney's stance (though at the time I did disagree with him on this). Self-deportation is the solution here. I no longer even support a pathway to citizenship or legal residency. They should go back home and take their children with them. If they want to come here - do it legally. Enough is enough, and I'm tired of the bull****. The only laws we should pass is a new Federal law that with punisment for any business that hires an illegal immigrant. Then let Obama tell them they have the right to work. This faucet of cheap labor needs to be shut off now. It's ruining our economy and corrupting our politics

Always gotta love when people try to act like illegals are coming into the country stealing the white collar office jobs from most Americans .

Old 01-17-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"What would be some of the wonderful jobs these illegals are working?"

Try the construction industry.

I have a friend who built his mason business up to employing 50 men

A general contractor he had been doing work for for years suddenly didn't give him any more work.

My friend visited one site and saw ALL of the brick and block workers were Hispanic.

This how it works. The contractor gets a check from the general contractor. The contractor cashes the check and pays his workers in cash.

The general contractor is not aware, or obligated to be, of how the contractors he has hired pay their employees.

My friend reported the other contractor to the County Executives office. An investigation was done and the contractor who had employed the illegals was arrested, and found guilty in court.

It really isn't that hard to "scam" the system.
Ah yes, the proverbial "I Know someone" argument. That obviously must mean the story is 100 percent accurate .

Old 01-17-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:

Oh they will tell you that the jobs are the better jobs.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:50 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,923,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Agreed.

Too; that bit about lettuce going for 10 a head if NO illegal aliens worked the fields is straight up scare tactic BS. 1 poster threw out that argument and when I asked him for a link to prove it: nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies