Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 03:36 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,835,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
I guess you missed the part about 80 people having more wealth than the bottom 3.5 billion?

I really don't think it's fair to group people making $34k/year and people who can barely afford the cost of living in with multi-billionaires... and what's more is I'm pretty sure that you know this.
I thought it was the evil 1% you were after?

Now you want to go after only the super extra evil .00000000000000001%?

How to you suppose we do that? Shall we take tanks and air planes and bomb the world top .000000000000001% to get them to give more money? How many people are we willing to kill to get some revenue from the worlds richest?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 03:38 PM

20,484 posts, read 12,409,348 times
LOL my liberal friends are acting like the Republicans have been in charge for the last 6 years and their policies have carried the day!

We seem to forget that the last 6 years have occured during the years when democrats have held at least the whitehouse and the senate. and for 4 of these last 6 years, our liberal friends have held the House, the Senate and the Whitehouse.

you sneer at trickle down economics as if republicans been capable of actually putting things in place.

the simple reality is, IF the rich are getting vastly more rich while the rest of us eat our cake, then it is BECAUSE OF Barak Obama's policies. It is HE who has been at the helm of the ship of state.

if you dont like this ship being on the rocks, its your own policy that did it.

Mr Obama plans on doubling down on policies that have seen the rise of African American Poverty at levells not seen in decades, more people on welfare than at any time in our history. more people getting food stamps than ever before. the lowest labor participation rate known here.

Americans are taking it in the shorts and what do you guys do? you complain that the magical republican party that has not been able to pass a single bill into law without a majority of democrats voting for it, has put policy in place that are hurting people. ignoring the fact that democrats ARE IN CHARGE.

you guys make me laugh. dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:44 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,761,258 times
Quote:
Richest 1% will own more than all the rest by 2016 | Oxfam International

3.5 billion people are struggling to survive while 80 people have more wealth than anyone on this board could possibly imagine.

Of course, this is obviously just an excuse for lazy, selfish liberals to steal money from the poor innocent billionaires, who obviously deserve what they've earned through hard work and sacrifice.

I think we should give the billionaires more tax cuts.
Well let me tell you, growing up, I never heard anything at all about this much-hyped mythical "1 percent". Even as an adult, I never heard anything about it. It wasn't until circa 3 years ago that all these idealistic fair-weather young protestors decided to stage their "occupy" protests against this "1 percent".

Old 01-20-2015, 03:49 PM

57,383 posts, read 26,302,134 times
Those numbers are pretty stunning and not good for society, now I can see why they felt the need to increase the individual donations to a political party to $324,000 makes it easier to buy congressmen. That is only in the US, it's worse in other countries because of out right corruption, here it's more latent.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:52 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,572,368 times
Quote:
Richest 1% will own more than all the rest by 2016 | Oxfam International

3.5 billion people are struggling to survive while 80 people have more wealth than anyone on this board could possibly imagine.

Of course, this is obviously just an excuse for lazy, selfish liberals to steal money from the poor innocent billionaires, who obviously deserve what they've earned through hard work and sacrifice.

I think we should give the billionaires more tax cuts.
So what? They earned their money. If you don't like it stop buying what they're selling and then they'll make less. It's a simple solution really. Don't like the fact that oil produces billionaires, stop driving a car. Walk or ride your bike. Don't like what Bill Gates is worth? Get rid of your cell phone and don't buy an ipad. Seriously they are rich because we buy what they sell. Period.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:53 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,784,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL my liberal friends are acting like the Republicans have been in charge for the last 6 years and their policies have carried the day!

We seem to forget that the last 6 years have occured during the years when democrats have held at least the whitehouse and the senate. and for 4 of these last 6 years, our liberal friends have held the House, the Senate and the Whitehouse.

you sneer at trickle down economics as if republicans been capable of actually putting things in place.

the simple reality is, IF the rich are getting vastly more rich while the rest of us eat our cake, then it is BECAUSE OF Barak Obama's policies. It is HE who has been at the helm of the ship of state.

Mr Obama plans on doubling down on policies that have seen the rise of African American Poverty at levells not seen in decades, more people on welfare than at any time in our history. more people getting food stamps than ever before. the lowest labor participation rate known here.

Americans are taking it in the shorts and what do you guys do? you complain that the magical republican party that has not been able to pass a single bill into law without a majority of democrats voting for it, has put policy in place that are hurting people. ignoring the fact that democrats ARE IN CHARGE.

Does it really even matter who is responsible?
I mean, come on... it's not food stamps that's put those 80 people where they are today.

You really need to stop pretending every issue is about the two major American political parties.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:54 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,234,323 times
Quote:

Old 01-20-2015, 03:54 PM

57,383 posts, read 26,302,134 times
Quote:

Oh please Ferd, the GOP is railing over modest tax proposals and raising the minimum wage. I can't point to one policy that Obama instituted that increased the income disparity maybe you can help.

Wait until after the speech tonight and the cries of income of wealth redistribution from the right wing.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:03 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,784,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I thought it was the evil 1% you were after?

Now you want to go after only the super extra evil .00000000000000001%?

How to you suppose we do that? Shall we take tanks and air planes and bomb the world top .000000000000001% to get them to give more money? How many people are we willing to kill to get some revenue from the worlds richest?
Grow up.

It's not about any percentage so much as realizing that some people have too much and some people have too little. There are plenty of people below the top 80 who wouldn't exactly be hurting if they lost even 3 quarters of their wealth. I mean, it's just sitting there doing nothing.

At the very least, we could stop pretending tax cuts on huge corporations work, and stop creating a society that encourages unchecked greed and concentrates wealth in this manner.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:17 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,835,194 times
Quote:
Grow up.

It's not about any percentage so much as realizing that some people have too much and some people have too little. There are plenty of people below the top 80 who wouldn't exactly be hurting if they lost even 3 quarters of their wealth. I mean, it's just sitting there doing nothing.

At the very least, we could stop pretending tax cuts on huge corporations work, and stop creating a society that encourages unchecked greed and concentrates wealth in this manner.
So if you have two cars someone without a car should be able to steal one of them because it is just sitting there not doing anything.

Who do you think pays the taxes that are levied on corporations?

My fellow CD posters, ask not what others can do for you, ask what you can do for yourself.
-Shooting4life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies