Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2015, 01:20 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Can someone explain to me.

HOW making the rich pay more in taxes makes me richer or the poor richer.
If I am paying 28% federal income tax, and the rich are paying 48% tax, tell me how if they pay 50, 60 or 65% in tax that makes me rich.

I make 86k a year after taxes I make much less and live in NJ.
You know if I could keep more of my money and pay less in taxes that would be MAKING ME EARN the money I EARN and the government doesnt have to GIVE IT TO ME that is my salary.

I would love to know how taxing the rich who pay my salary is some how making me richer. Are you saying that the government is going to lower my taxes to 20% and increase the tax on rich to 60% to make up the difference. Just sounds like we are moving money around to make it look like government is helping me when in the end the entire 86k I make is really actually mine and the less they tax of it and the MORE fair to all other tax payers would be to pay a LOW income tax of like 10%.

I would seem to me if we lowered taxes for everyone to 10% I would be richer, the rich would be richer and the poor who live off welfare checks would continue to get the same FREE stuff they always get not to do any work so in the end we arent going to give them BIGGER welfare checks.

Or maybe government would be upset because they couldn't build a bridge in iraq, give money away to everyone who breathes in other countries and find new ways to spend more then they take in.

Sounds like the 1% are rich, the rest of us who are "struggling" as some people call it, in most cases are NOT because the 1% are rich. The 1% pay our salaries, invest and in most cases probably help the poor more then the government. The only ones who take money from the salary is government. Government is taking from me, they have laws that tax me, they have mandates that tax me, of which they have guns that enforce that and requires JAIL time if not paid. So of all the things in the world that effect my income its government last time I checked it was a rich guy paying my salary not the government.
Many of the rich are rich because they pay a slave a wage to their workers and only give them a 2 percent raise every year. Many rich people aren't producers, they are rich by taking advantage of producers that are in a situation that they can't break out of. This is why in the old days they built corporate towns. A neurosurgeon that is wealthy is an example of someone that is wealthy but didn't become that way by taking advantage of someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2015, 01:20 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,362,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Well they have the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and are considered very generous people so I doubt too many people have a problem with them. Plus they didn't really get wealthy by taking advantage of anyone Microsoft was a big part of how computers evolved.
While we may all like the new and revised Bill Gates, you may have missed his early and midgame. They guy was brutal, and merciless.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:21 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,824,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Well the $750k they spent on a Soccor court in Guantanamo Bay could have fed a few families...
Ya gotta take care of the POTUS bros.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:22 PM

13,947 posts, read 5,619,580 times
Still can't figure how any billionaire having $1 billion in net worth affects my life. It won't change my job, it doesn't affect my dinner plans, my mortgage, how much food is in my cats' bowl right now, etc. In short, it has no bearing on my life whatsoever. If they had less, nothing in my life would change, and if they had more, nothing in my life would change. So why do I care what they have or do no have?

Old 01-21-2015, 01:25 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Still can't figure how any billionaire having $1 billion in net worth affects my life. It won't change my job, it doesn't affect my dinner plans, my mortgage, how much food is in my cats' bowl right now, etc. In short, it has no bearing on my life whatsoever. If they had less, nothing in my life would change, and if they had more, nothing in my life would change. So why do I care what they have or do no have?
You only think it doesn't effect your life because you don't truly know what goes on with the people that have power and money. Watch Michael Moore's documentary on Capitalism. Your whole attitude will change.

Many of the super rich only got that way by screwing people over or taking advantage of them. Also in history for example you have the rich that flat out destroyed parts of the world for profit. The rainforests of South America. In my state was the Sago mine disaster where the corporation put company profits above worker safety. The mine had hundreds of safety violations that were ignored.

Ignorance is bliss. It's very easy to hate wealthy people for those with their eyes open.... and anyone that thinks the super rich are not quite often hurting the world, is truly ignorant.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 01-21-2015 at 02:04 PM..

Old 01-21-2015, 01:25 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,643,519 times
Quote:
Power corrupts.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Old 01-21-2015, 01:29 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,927,632 times
Quote:
When the money is controlled by private and international interests-EVERYTHING is corrupt.

So yes, money effects your life and it most certainly effects your life when the money is controlled by an international corporation that charges your Government interest.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:02 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Many of the rich are rich because they pay a slave a wage to their workers and only give them a 2 percent raise every year. Many rich people aren't producers, they are rich by taking advantage of producers that are in a situation that they can't break out of. This is why in the old days they built corporate towns. A neurosurgeon that is wealthy is an example of someone that is wealthy but didn't become that way by taking advantage of someone.
Snicker, snicker, snicker.

A very tiny fraction of the rich would fall into this category.

Your post has failed due to the absolute absurdity of it.

BTW, why do you believe the neurosurgeon should be rich due to sick people needing treatment to survive?

Old 01-21-2015, 02:40 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Snicker, snicker, snicker.

A very tiny fraction of the rich would fall into this category.

Your post has failed due to the absolute absurdity of it.

BTW, why do you believe the neurosurgeon should be rich due to sick people needing treatment to survive?

Yes, the vast majority of the rich provide capital that provides jobs.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:48 PM

57,238 posts, read 26,182,129 times
The middle class doesn't have the same access to those extremely wealthy donors putting $300K into a campaign, they aren't making those donations without getting something in return. Pretty much every congressman D&R that left after last term made the same statement, money is corrupting the system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies