Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 11:19 AM

89,652 posts, read 45,265,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
That is indeed a disgusting view. You would do quite well in Stalin's USSR as a peasant.
Up until the government summarily executes him.
Quote:
"61,911,000 Murdered: The Soviet Gulag State"
DEATH BY GOVERNMENT: GENOCIDE AND MASS MURDER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 11:25 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,993,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Me too! Justice and truth should always prevail.
Then it's time The Federal Reserve and their "too big to fail" banks are reigned in and our Federal Government is held accountable for treason.

Anything short of that is an injustice.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,033,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Then it's time The Federal Reserve and their "too big to fail" banks are reigned in and our Federal Government is held accountable for treason.

I think the 3 of us can agree with that.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:29 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,731,107 times
Quote:
A realtor has local knowledge on the real estate market and neighborhoods they work in. Buying/selling a home is a tedious process with tons of steps and paperwork, so it's nice to have someone knowledgeable. They are not as needed with the advent of the internet, but most people still find a good one VERY useful. I have multiple careers though.

You are making up your own arguments though and seem to again be off your rocker.

I am against monopolies, colluded industries and deceipt in general. I have never stated anything about taking from ANYONE.
The internet. You can find you house, list your house, see values and everything else on the internet. The only thing a realtor is really useful now is the paperwork. It's a bureaucracy put in that really doesn't add value for the home buyers other than lawsuit protection to an extent.

When you are talking about raising taxes you are talking about TAKING.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I think the 3 of us can agree with that.
Yessir. I'd like to see Pedro and others agree too, but I won't hold my breath.

I know you and I are often on the same page, as I'm heavily Libertarian leaning.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The internet. You can find you house, list your house, see values and everything else on the internet. The only thing a realtor is really useful now is the paperwork. It's a bureaucracy put in that really doesn't add value for the home buyers other than lawsuit protection to an extent.

When you are talking about raising taxes you are talking about TAKING.
I never said anything about raising taxes; I even stated earlier that I think EVERYONE should stop paying taxes at once.

I want ancient banking/oil monopolies broken up. I want industrial complexes to END-especially war, prisons, healthcare and education.
I want an end to the inherently corrupt Federal Reserve system.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 01-22-2015 at 11:43 AM..

Old 01-22-2015, 11:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 19,260,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The 1% paid a lot of money to get this response from you and your ilk. Considering how content right-wingers are with the wealthy elite gobbling up an ever-growing share of our nation's wealth, it was worth every penny.
Which nation would that be?

Do you live on a reservation? Are you a member of a tribal group?

The only nations that have ever existed in the US are the aboriginal tribal groups.

Oh, and the Vikings.

Let us review the tautological sophistry presented to us by RaymondChandlerSeasonallyAdjusted and his ilk, hereinafter collectively known as "The Turds."

1. In 1995, a young woman -- we'll say her name is Donna -- is graduated from university. Her family and friends give her a $1,000 as a graduation gift.
  2. Instead of blowing the money to satisfy infantile urges like tattoos and iPhones and Bebe jeans and other crap, she buys 30,000 shares of stock during an IPO from a publicly traded corporation.
  3. The Turds patronize this publicly traded corporation making it successful, causing the value of the stock to increase.
  4. 20 years later, in 2015, thanks to the constant patronage by The Turds, the stock now sells for $38 per share.
  5. That makes Donna's 30,000 shares worth $1.14 Million.
  6. The Turds now claim that Donna is an Evil 1%.
Does anyone not see the liability and culpability of The Turds?

The Turds had every chance to spend their money at a business that was not a publicly traded corporation, yet The Turds steadfastly refused to avail themselves of those opportunities.

A good analogy would be The Turds voluntarily agree to paint your house, and then after they do so, The Turds are angry, because your house looks better than theirs.

And then, The Turds offer only one option to solve a not real problem they created themselves that is only in their minds, and that is for you to surrender your home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The middle class doesn't have the same access to those extremely wealthy donors putting $300K into a campaign, they aren't making those donations without getting something in return. Pretty much every congressman D&R that left after last term made the same statement, money is corrupting the system.
And what have you done about that?

Other than your phony crocodile tears, you haven't done anything.

Let us know when you have actually done something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I agree. Stating (questioning) the obvious, who has the power?

QED
To whom did you voluntarily surrender power?

Ipso facto.....

Mircea

Old 01-22-2015, 11:41 AM

LOL, and we're full circle back to the baseless analogies of someone investing $1,000 over 20 years to earn a little short of 1 Million dollars. Trite talking points like that are only meant to divide we the people. Read the freakin' article people.

Nobody is talking about common millionaires that are in reality probably even bigger pawns to our system as they pay a RIDICULOUS amount in taxes to our Government.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:41 AM

24,620 posts, read 19,260,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
3.5 billion people are struggling to survive while 80 people have more wealth than anyone on this board could possibly imagine.
Do you even know what Wealth is?

No, you don't.

Quote:
I think we should give the billionaires more tax cuts.
And you just proved you have no idea what Wealth is.

Quote:
I guess you missed the part about 80 people having more wealth than the bottom 3.5 billion?
Um, obviously you have no idea what Wealth is, but did you even read and try to understand the biased OXFAM report?

Quote:
Wealth: Having It All and Wanting More, a research paper published today by Oxfam, shows that the richest 1 percent have seen their share of global wealth increase from 44 percent in 2009 to 48 percent in 2014 and at this rate will be more than 50 percent in 2016. Members of this global elite had an average wealth of $2.7 million per adult in 2014.
Let's examine the Göbbelesque propaganda here.

OXFAM claims Wealth is increasing by about 1% per year. What is unusual or abnormal about that?

Nothing whatsoever.

Which part of "Wealth" did you not understand?

Oh, that's right, you don't have a clue.

The NAZI-style propaganda employed by the Left-Wing continuously equivocates Income with Wealth.

They are not the same thing. Income is cash, while Wealth is non-cash assets.

People amass Wealth in the form of commercial real estate, residential real estate, rental properties (commercial or residential), stocks, bonds, antiques, art, rare objects, jewelry and vehicles, ships and aircraft of all types including vintage vehicles, ships and aircraft, plus miscellaneous collectibles, you know, like Brad Pitt's refrigerator he used in college.

As economies in all States grow, then those things that are attached to that growth naturally increase in theoretical value. Your real estate increases in theoretical value, our stock portfolio increases in theoretical value and so on.

This is the Laws of Economics in Action and there's nothing immoral, illegal or wrong going on here.

Quote:
I really don't think it's fair to group people making $34k/year and people who can barely afford the cost of living in with multi-billionaires... and what's more is I'm pretty sure that you know this.
Let's look at another of OXFAM's lies:

Members of this global elite had an average wealth of $2.7 million per adult in 2014.

The Left constantly tries to deceive everyone through deception.

The Left wants you to believe the $2.7 Million is cash, when in fact it is not cash.

Suppose your car is valued at $15,000. When you go through the drive-thru at McDonald's do you pull off a piece of plastic molding and give it to the cashier? "Hey, this is worth $96, gimme change."

When you go to a corporate box restaurant like Appleby's do you bring a shingle from the roof or do you bring a baggie of dirt from your $250,000 McMansion to pay?

See how stupid that is?

Yet, that is exactly what OXFAM and the OP are saying.

Quote:
-Oh look, the 'taxes are theft' argument.
Proof Surrogate
Substituting a distracting comment for a real proof.

Some taxes may be theft.

Why would you deny that?

Any tax that represents Opportunity Costs is not a really tax, or perhaps you could say it is a valid and legitimate tax.

Any "tax" that is not based on Opportunity Costs is Income Redistribution.

Since Income Redistribution is predicated on fraud and deception, it is theft.

Quote:
The entire western hemisphere is stolen goods, most of what you own is the product of slavery,...
While that may be true, it is not relevant to the issue.

Quote:
... and big oil is personally responsible for at least one major ongoing war that has ruined entire generations of people, created terrorist groups that will exist as long as there's an American presence in Islamic countries, and destabilized an entire region of the world for the foreseeable future.
Wrong.

You are personally responsible.

"Big Oil" doesn't give a damn hoot if oil is sold in US Dollars or Rubles or Euros or Yuan or Rupees or Gold or Clam Shells...
.....but you do.

Your entire freaking Life-Style and Standard of Living is the product of the Petro-Dollar.

Quote:
And you seriously think that anyone has the right to be upset about making $5 million per year instead of 10?
Sure....it's as normal as being left-handed.

So now you have elevated yourself to a God.

Quote:
You're like a teenage girl whose life is ruined because she didn't get an iPhone for Christmas.
And you're like an anal-retentive control freak that throws a temper tantrum, because you can't control what other people feel, think or do.

Quote:
I'm not even going to respond until one of you does better than reciting a right-wing cliche from your preprogrammed list of tired arguments.
And you're reciting a Left-Wing cliche from your Handlers.

Quote:
Have you ever actually left the US?
Yes.

I've spent 30 days or more in Germany, Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Burkina Faso, Honduras, Panama, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Thailand, Romania, Magyar Republic, Cheha, Slovakia and Serbia.

Quote:
Comments like this reek of a deep ignorance of what real poverty is.
Good, then you know there is no poverty in the US.

Quote:
Because I actually care about the world I'm living in.
No, what you actually care about is dominating and controlling others.

Quote:
So who says consumers NEED to pay all corporate taxes.
The Laws of Economics.

Nothing is "free".

Quote:
Ideally, you would stop participating in discussions that you don't even attempt to understand.
Let us know when you understand the difference between Income and Wealth.

Assuming you ever do learn the difference, then we can work on your ability to understand the difference between Earned Income and Unearned Income.

Quote:
He suggested that people in poorer countries need skills.
Not everyone understands Economics.

Quote:
Of course, there was no mention of what skills they would need, how they would come to learn these skills, how they would manage to keep their country politically stable, how they would overthrow oppressive governments (some of which are installed by American capitalists to ensure profits) or how exactly the jobs and the technologies needed to perform those jobs would appear without any large-scale investments whatsoever.
Large-scale investments are not needed.

All that is needed is for Capital to remain in those States.

But, then your Life-Style and Standard of Living declines to about half of what it is now.

Get over it....

Mircea

Old 01-22-2015, 11:44 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,731,107 times
Quote:

Absolutely.

The government has no business at all in providing private businesses money.

This disgusting collusion between government and corporations make me sick to my stomach.

Did you know that congress is legally allowed to participate in insider trading? This means that when senators know they are going to pass a law that benefits a corporation knowing that the stock will increase, they can legally purchase that stock prior to doing such favors. If you are I had that knowledge, and we acted on it, we'd be spending some time in prison.

Our government routinely sells us out to corporations, and I'd like to see some of these guys go to jail for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies