Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2015, 12:22 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
1. My claims have been 100% correct.
Nope.
Quote:
Yours have all been lies.
Nope.
Quote:
Look it up, your ignorance of commonly-known, and easily attainable facts is not an acceptable excuse.
Talking to yourself, I see.

Quote:
2. I never said they weren't killing Christians.
You said they were killing Muslims. You forgot to mention Christians.
Quote:
Christians are not their primary enemy, other Muslims are.
Wrong.

Quote:
3. I know what I said better than you.
But you deny saying it.

Quote:
4. Discussing with me is a waste of time, I don't buy in to your insane and absolutely unsubstantiated premise. I've pointed out the flaw in your thinking, I've called you out for your bigotry and fear-based beliefs. And to add some more: your ideas on how to deal with Islamic terrorism, are unrealistic, unworkable, illegal, immoral, unethical, insane, bigoted, fear-based, highly unlikely to ever occur outside of your fantasies and absolutely hilarious. I laugh at all your posts, because while part of me think you're trolling (because nobody can be that dumb, right?) another part of me thinks you actually might believe the ridiculous garbage you type. And that's just funny in my book.
You're entitled to your opinions, as misguided as they are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 04:33 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Now that I read the thread :

Stupidity mostly comes by when religion is involved, whatever religion.

I wish I could see the world when it is not influenced by this nonsense anymore.
I don't think you would really like that. Slavery (though it still exists today), more evil than you could imagine, no human rights ... You are mistakenly believing that man is inherently good. That is false.

Islam is a false religion. It is an evil cult, and has been since Mohammed founded it in the 7th century AD.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:39 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
How many?
KKK Lynched 3,446 Blacks in 86 Years

Over 86 years, the Ku Klux Klan lynched 3,446 blacks.
. . .
. . .
POLITICAL ISLAM
Tears of Jihad (1400 years and counting)
Kafir Deaths (cumulative)
Christians : 60 million
Buddhists : 10 million
Hindus : 80 million
Africans : 120 million
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Total : 270 million
Source : Political Islam - Islam's ideology about unbelievers, Kafirs
(Not to mention the millions captured, enslaved and abused.)
. . .
. . .
COMMUNISM DEATH TALLY
Mass killings under Communist regimes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
USSR: 20 million deaths;
China: 65 million deaths;
Vietnam: 1 million deaths;
North Korea: 2 million deaths;
Cambodia: 2 million deaths;
Eastern Europe: 1 million deaths;
Latin America: 150,000 deaths;
Africa: 1.7 million deaths;
Afghanistan: 1.5 million deaths;
the international Communist movement and Communist parties not in power: about 10,000 deaths.
. . .
Approximately 94.36 million deaths in a span of a century.
Impressive! May even exceed Islam’s cumulative total of 270 million - someday.
. . .
Did you forget the millions of slaves who died in slavery, the millions of Iraqi who died because of the embargo, the millions who died in Vietnam war ,Afghanistan and Iraq invasion

Old 02-26-2015, 06:42 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
You're right that the thread is a farce. Started based on a premise from some biased blog... throw in a few Youtube snippets... suddenly we're in a war with "all of Islam." Never mind how often it's repeated that we're not...
Your buddies on this forum are saying :" we are at war with Islam" and you're saying : "we're not" ?

Old 02-26-2015, 07:36 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Your buddies on this forum are saying :" we are at war with Islam" and you're saying : "we're not" ?
1. I don't have buddies here.
2. No, we're not at war with an entire religion of any kind.
3. Is anti-semitism and lying about Christianity okay?

Old 02-26-2015, 08:03 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

The idiots you speak of were in power around the world in the 1950's.

It all started when we the western world, tried to place our guys as the leaders of nations that were split up.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:07 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,589,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The idiots you speak of were in power around the world in the 1950's.

It all started when we the western world, tried to place our guys as the leaders of nations that were split up.
No, this all started before we existed.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:08 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Kind of like you saying, "more Christians have been terrorist in history."You gave no proof that this is true. All you and President Obama do with this kind of talk is give ISIS and other groups is reason to justify their actions. Islam has been around along time to be acting the same way the Persians, which have an amazing history to Iran!

How do you come to the conclusion Muslims were not killing Christians for the land of Jerusalem, throughout history?

As the OP the US never said we were at war with Islam, President Bush never claimed it. Remenber 'axis of evil" kind of strange now we are giving Iran nuclear capability.

President Obama has already confirmed we were not at war with Islam, I wonder why he doesn't say, "we are at war with radical Islam terrorist groups" and name the groups.

The President hiding his eyes is not going to change ISIS ideology. I am pretty sure lack of jobs is not the reason ISIS boys pick up AK-47 and kill people.......how about you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
1. I don't have buddies here.
2. No, we're not at war with an entire religion of any kind.
3. Is anti-semitism and lying about Christianity okay?
The poster didn't see your location

Old 02-26-2015, 08:29 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
Let's go over some more numbers, shall we? This will be fun...for me.

ISIS/ISIL has maybe about 20,000 fighters in Syria/Iraq. The Syrian Army (who is fighting against them) has 250,000 troops. The Iraqi Army has 283,000 troops. The Iranian Army has 425,000 troops.

Iran is the only one of those not in the war yet. The Syrian and Iraqi armies combined have 25 times more troops than ISIS/ISIL. The Syrian and Iraqi armies are almost 100% Muslim, the Iranian Army is 100% Shiite Muslim (and ISIS/ISIL seriously hates Shiites) So yeah, basic math can tell you that in this war, the overwhelming majority is against ISIS/ISIL. And that's not even adding the potential of a bunch of other countries joining in the fight: Turkey, Jordan, and Egypt to name a few, and all three of them have sizable armies in their own right.

So, if you were under the impression that the area nominally under ISIS/ISIL was surrounded by Christian countries and that ISIS/ISIL was mostly fighting someone else other than other Muslims, you'd be wrong. They're mostly fighting Syria and Iraq right now, and in case you're not aware, those are Muslim-majority countries and if they were to win against them (they won't), they plan on immediately going to war with a bunch of other Muslim-majority countries, like Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Jordan, Libya, Egypt, Iran, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco, Yemen, Qatar, the UAE, Oman, Bahrain; one Jewish country: Israel and also the Palestinian proto-state, because ISIS hates the Palestinians too (fun fact: they also hate Al Qaeda and the Taliban too).
You are largely proving the point of those saying we're "at war" with Islam. As you indicate, both the Syrian and Iraqi armies both number more than 10X the numbers of fighters that ISIS has. The population of Iraq is >30 million, or 1500X the number of ISIS fighters. IF those forces, the people in those armies and countries actually, truly opposed ISIS, there would be no ISIS. No force can survive against those odds.

The only reasonable explanation is that a large number of people in those countries, and armed forces, do not actually oppose ISIS, and in fact actually support them. We have proof of that with Iraq, where the military walked away and left weapons for ISIS (well, those that didn't actually cross over and join them). The reason you see cursory military action against ISIS from those countries isn't because "Muslims" oppose ISIS, it is because the leaders do. The fear is that the leaders won't be judged as "Muslim enough" by ISIS and that they will be slaughtered as well.

Much of the Islamic world is either actively supporting, or at least tacitly approving of ISIS. Not all by any means, there are some that are actually fighting ISIS. But many do. To think otherwise is to suspend disbelief.

All the more reason to stay the heck out of the ME. What ISIS does there isn't our problem, and the people of the ME, (too many of which don't care enough to oppose ISIS) aren't worth the sacrifice of the life of one American serviceman. If they want to embrace a primitive superstition and take their countries back to the 9th century, it isn't our problem.

Old 02-26-2015, 08:56 AM

3,298 posts, read 2,475,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You are largely proving the point of those saying we're "at war" with Islam. As you indicate, both the Syrian and Iraqi armies both number more than 10X the numbers of fighters that ISIS has. The population of Iraq is >30 million, or 1500X the number of ISIS fighters. IF those forces, the people in those armies and countries actually, truly opposed ISIS, there would be no ISIS. No force can survive against those odds.

The only reasonable explanation is that a large number of people in those countries, and armed forces, do not actually oppose ISIS, and in fact actually support them.
I think it's worthwhile to also factor in those armies' motivations, rather than just concentrating on their relative size. ISIS' fighters are literally diehard fanatics who believe they're doing Allah's work. Syria and Iraq are both fractious countries. Syria's armed forces, while experienced in battle (read: beating up on outgunned/outnumbered rebels) are mostly conscripts. Iraq now has a volunteer army, OTOH the majority of their soldiers are there out of economic need (and their officers out of economic greed). Thus far it appears the only forces that have successfully and consistently stood up to ISIS on the ground are the Kurds - fierce fighters whose backs are literally against the wall; and then only with the assistance of heavy coalition air strikes.

Last edited by Scratch33; 02-26-2015 at 09:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies