Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 08:15 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,974,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
my brother died two year ago labor day from smoking dope, he properly had at least ten joints a day since maybe 72, he was always high, it fried his brain, he didn't even know who i was. Not really a big thing, we only saw each other about every five years. But it had an effect on him, one day he had a headache and never woke up.

you just can't say pot has no effect, not harmful or nobody ever died from it , just because you really don't know, the long term effect. and beside why would you want somebody operation heavy equipment, driving a truck, stoned, you know they do it.

Sorry for the loss of your brother, but I don't really see how it is relevant, especially since you only saw him once every 5 years. How would you know what kind of health he was in?

My cousin died at 24 in 2012 after overdosing on prescription pills. She was overly prescribed (imo) and never was happy. I think I could easily blame my cousin's death on the pills also...

Old 02-25-2015, 08:16 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,974,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I am so sorry to read that. Similar stories happened to people I knew. When I shared those stories in the CO forum when it became legal there the potheads over there called me all kinds of names.

But why would we want drug money ?
LOL-it really gets frustrating at how innocent and ignorant people pretend to be.

The banks you use are FILLED with drug money-and drug money from cocaine and heroin, not so much pot.

Big Banks Started Laundering Massive Sums of Drug Money In the 1980s ... And Are Still Doing It Today Washington's Blog

Awash In Cash, Drug Cartels Rely On Big Banks To Launder Profits : Parallels : NPR

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico's murderous drug gangs | World news | The Guardian

Banks Launder Billions of Illegal Cartel Money While Snubbing Legal Marijuana Businesses*|*Avinash Tharoor

Banks Financing Mexico Drug Gangs Admitted in Wells Fargo Deal - Bloomberg Business

Old 02-25-2015, 11:24 AM

13,621 posts, read 21,437,694 times
Quote:
my brother died two year ago labor day from smoking dope, he properly had at least ten joints a day since maybe 72, he was always high, it fried his brain, he didn't even know who i was. Not really a big thing, we only saw each other about every five years. But it had an effect on him, one day he had a headache and never woke up.

you just can't say pot has no effect, not harmful or nobody ever died from it , just because you really don't know, the long term effect. and beside why would you want somebody operation heavy equipment, driving a truck, stoned, you know they do it.
Too much of anything can kill you. A couple years ago a woman killed herself by drinking massive amounts of coca cola. But these things are a exception especially comparing marijuana to alcohol.

A far as driving or operating equipment and so on. It's called responsibilty. Alcohol is legal yet most of us don't show up to work drunk otherwise we get fired. Well same with marijuana. Legalization doesn't mean legalization to work or drive stoned.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:49 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,759,442 times
Quote:

nobody should be driving while intoxicated^^^ on any drug period.!!! and that goes for all the pharmaceutical drugs.

since when is pot dope?? sorry for your bro, but if you only saw him once every five years how can you blame his death on pot.. he could have been mixing meth, crack, or some other drug recipe.. I know a guy that used to smoke like 8 joints a day and he seemed pretty cool for someone that smoked 8 joints a day.. to me 8 joints a day is way to much!!!! but some are going to abuse drugs, alcohol, food substances, products, and there is nothing one can do about it!!!! making drugs, foods, products illegal does not work, all it does is make things worse..

Old 02-25-2015, 12:00 PM

30,195 posts, read 18,775,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
through my life I have known quite a few...
And most hold a job or career, own a home or at least rent a place.
Go to work everyday, pay life's bills as needed
never moved on to harder drugs
are peaceful non violent
never were pulled over for driving under the influence
overall most were rather educated or smart in their own way or profession
once served their country by military

How is it the pro marijuana prohibitionists and certain law enforcement posting on here try to paint a different picture saying marijuana users are all losers, pot heads who have no brain function, can't hold a job and are drifters?

I have known a couple people though arrested while drunk driving'
Or got mean when drunk
Or lost their job because of alcohol abuse

But then again most people drink responsibly

So maybe marijuana smokers can smoke responsibly also? Because many do.

Relativism of one vice compared to another is a shallow position that gains little, if any credence, for an argument.

Rape is not as bad as murder, therefore rape is just fine. Is that what you mean?

Old 02-25-2015, 12:44 PM

2,193 posts, read 1,394,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL-it really gets frustrating at how innocent and ignorant people pretend to be.

The banks you use are FILLED with drug money-and drug money from cocaine and heroin, not so much pot.
I see your point. Since banks are corrupt, let's all be corrupt. I am not sure if I should call it absurd or decadent. I say both.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:55 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,919,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
My governor wouldn't even assign healthcare to low income earners such as myself (a former poor college student without a financially well family). The rest of my financial life still rests on me not being hospitalized. The same governor who has cut university education each and every year while getting richer himself. This state isn't changing anytime soon. Worst govt. I have ever seen, and tops any complaints people have about our President. It is no wonder that I have had hell finding a decent paying job, even with a Bachelor's degree.

What is your career field and where in the country can you find the greatest need for those with your skill set? Hanging out where burger flipping/Walmart stocking is the number one employment is not condusive to your plight. You may have to move 1000 miles north, south east or west - maybe to one coast or the other. That is where the $$$ jobs are.

If your field is in education and you are in a desolate part of the country with an elementary school, middle school and HS only within a 100 mile radius you are spinning your wheels. If you have a degree in business and live in Mayberry or Hooterville you might as well use your degree for wallpaper. That's where they end up as is...framed wallpaper. I have seen hundreds and took mine down. It use to be show of achievement to hang one's sheepskin but if everyone does so it is like attending a tattoo convention only to find everyone has the same tattoo, only done by a different artist.
Especially when said sheepskin has the worth of used paper towels in an auto repair shop restroom and $50K+ is still owed for it.

How is Governor What'shisname getting "richer" by cutting university education - whatever that alludes to?
Wouldn't he be "growing his wealth" or becoming "wealthier" rather than "getting richer"? Is he embezzling, cheating or anything someone can prove or is this a mere allegation? Any investigations to date?

Old 02-25-2015, 01:04 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,546,882 times
Quote:
my brother died two year ago labor day from smoking dope,
I'm calling BS. Did you see the death certificate? Was an autopsy done? THC is so non-toxic, that lethal doses are physically impossible. A human would have to smoke or ingest several pounds of marijuana to reach toxic levels.

Quote:
he properly had at least ten joints a day since maybe 72, he was always high, it fried his brain, he didn't even know who i was. Not really a big thing, we only saw each other about every five years. But it had an effect on him, one day he had a headache and never woke up.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:32 PM

15,560 posts, read 10,567,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
through my life I have known quite a few...
And most hold a job or career, own a home or at least rent a place.
Go to work everyday, pay life's bills as needed
never moved on to harder drugs
are peaceful non violent
never were pulled over for driving under the influence
overall most were rather educated or smart in their own way or profession
once served their country by military

How is it the pro marijuana prohibitionists and certain law enforcement posting on here try to paint a different picture saying marijuana users are all losers, pot heads who have no brain function, can't hold a job and are drifters?

I have known a couple people though arrested while drunk driving'
Or got mean when drunk
Or lost their job because of alcohol abuse

But then again most people drink responsibly

So maybe marijuana smokers can smoke responsibly also? Because many do.
How is it???? You explained that you know people that have had problems with drinking. Well, some of us know people who have had problems with pot. Some of us have been directly affected from the actions of pot users. That's how.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:33 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,407,591 times
I agree that alcohol is probably worse than marijuana. That is true as far as it goes, but what's missing from the comparison is that booze is much more entrenched than pot. Hence the unintended consequences of booze prohibition would be far greater. Surveys show that at least 60% of Americans drink, while only about 10% smoke pot. Less than 40% of Americans have even tried pot.

I would support legalization of all drugs, not just marijuana, if we did not have today's massive welfare state. Legalization will mean increased use, and a certain percentage of those users will end up having problems that will lead them to collect various forms of welfare. Think of the increased need for food stamps alone due to the 'munchies.'

Sorry but I don't want my taxes going up so that pot heads can get food stamps, go on SS disability, or get their emphysema treated via Obamacare. Smoke pot all you wish, but not if you're going to reach into my pocket to pay for the consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Higgs
We can have a free society or a welfare state. We cannot have both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies