Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 09:03 PM

13,623 posts, read 21,441,460 times

Advertisements

through my life I have known quite a few...
And most hold a job or career, own a home or at least rent a place.
Go to work everyday, pay life's bills as needed
never moved on to harder drugs
are peaceful non violent
never were pulled over for driving under the influence
overall most were rather educated or smart in their own way or profession
once served their country by military

How is it the pro marijuana prohibitionists and certain law enforcement posting on here try to paint a different picture saying marijuana users are all losers, pot heads who have no brain function, can't hold a job and are drifters?

I have known a couple people though arrested while drunk driving'
Or got mean when drunk
Or lost their job because of alcohol abuse

But then again most people drink responsibly

So maybe marijuana smokers can smoke responsibly also? Because many do.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:09 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,921,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
And most hold a job or career, own a home or at least rent a place.
Go to work everyday, pay life's bills as needed
never moved on to harder drugs
are peaceful non violent
never were pulled over for driving under the influence
overall most were rather educated or smart in their own way or profession
once served their country by military

How is it the pro marijuana prohibitionists and certain law enforcement posting on here try to paint a different picture saying marijuana users are all losers, pot heads who have no brain function, can't hold a job and are drifters?

I have known a couple people though arrested while drunk driving'
Or got mean when drunk
Or lost their job because of alcohol abuse

But then again most people drink responsibly

So maybe marijuana smokers can smoke responsibly also? Because many do.

^^^ This X 50 ^^^^^^

And no one has died from marijuana while alcohol kills 1000s a year.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:19 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,595,317 times
We live in Asheville, NC & everyone smokes here! Yet everyone of us pays our bills on time have a roof over our heads & are a productive member of society.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:22 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,548,068 times
The antis are too frightened to try it, and that makes them envious of the rest.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,059,892 times
I see no need to put any of it in my body. I don't unless for medical reasons and benefit out weight the risk like in mind changing substance. Being a child of the 60's I know quite a few who use to use it tho. Frankly I think its stupid to use any of them except as noted.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:36 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,548,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I see no need to put any of it in my body. I don't unless for medical reasons and benefit out weight the risk like in mind changing substance. Being a child of the 60's I know quite a few who use to use it tho. Frankly I think its stupid to use any of them except as noted.
A lot of people do a lot of things that others think are stupid. That's no reason to lock someone up.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:51 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,458,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Some people use it too often, but for the occasional smoker, like myself, I can't see why we cannot do it. Some days work can be stressful, hell, life in general can be stressful and rather than taking a few shots and "feel loose", I can have more intellectual, insightful thoughts I'm order to solve the root of my stress. Plus, it makes food taste wonderful, makes music sound even better, and makes sleep an amazing thing to have. The whole point of this post is that it's not "stupid," some people smoke it for the pure f*ck of it, others smoke to help rejuvenate our mental state.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:55 PM

18,163 posts, read 15,687,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
^^^ This X 50 ^^^^^^

The comparison of pot with booze is just undeniable, in terms of which does more damage. Yet it is always dismissed because booze is legal. I've never, ever, seen someone toke a dooby and go into a blind rage, and beat their wife, or go driving around like a maniac or any number of other idiotic, and dangerous things. Never seen anyone black out or wind up in the ER with overdose.

Good old Uncle Jack or Cousin Jim or Jose can't say that about. Booze is flat poison, yet the same people, who condemn weed and call someone who smokes a "burnout" have no problem downing a 5th and making a complete idiot of themselves. And then just blame it on the booze. "Ah...I was just drunk. I'm nor really responsible for what I did when I was drunk".

The only thing in danger, from someone who just hit the bong, is the leftover pizza, in the fridge, and the bag of Milky Ways in the cupboard. Yet, weed is evil, and someone who smokes is a worthless hippie, or whatever. Says the drunk who just smackedaaround his lady, puked in his shoes, and called in "sick" to work the next day.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:34 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,761,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
^^^ This X 50 ^^^^^^

booze kills like 88 thousand a year in the usa alone, and like 1600 die from direct overdose.. world wide something like 2.5 million bite the dust annually.. overdoses on pot 0..

now can someone please pass the chips n dip. mind as well bass the spliff while your at it

Old 02-24-2015, 11:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,476,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
booze kills like 88 thousand a year in the usa alone, and like 1600 die from direct overdose.. world wide something like 2.5 million bite the dust annually.. overdoses on pot 0..

now can someone please pass the chips n dip. mind as well bass the spliff while your at it
Think you've had enough already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies